So, Excalibur...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

So, Excalibur...

Post by Cliffjumper »

...we're agreed it's the best film ever made, right?
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Not a Bad movie ... but as I've said before: I'm easy to please (though not "gee, Highlander 2 was a great flick" easy to please ... I have some standards even if I'm easily entertained).
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Hound

Post by Hound »

Cliffjumper wrote:...we're agreed it's the best film ever made, right?
I got real interested in King Arthur last year and bought Le Morte D'Arthur and everything. I figured I'd give Excalibur a watch and was decidedly underwhelmed... :|
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oh, come on! Nicol Williamson! Knights beating (and I mean beating) the crap out of each other! O Fortuna! The restoration of the kingdom!
Hound

Post by Hound »

I'm not saying it was a terrible movie. I'm just saying it wasn't great. It was... alright.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I thought it was great.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

Saw it when I was about five (Thank you parents) and loved it. Still do. Fantastic stuff. I really should own it on DVD but somehow I don't. Thankfully it's on Sky a few times a year.

Andy
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

I've actually always liked Excalibur. It's not the best movie but it's certainly not the worst, I think it's biggest weakness is it's slowness. The visuals (especially the ending sunset) and score are what makes the movie memorable.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

It is, indeed, utterly fantastic. I think I first saw it when I was around ten or so, and I've loved it ever since. There are so many gems in here that its a little overwhelming. That great scene with the armor changing in the beginning, Jean Luc Picard trying to pull that damn sword out, Excalibur breaking, Percival's gigantic cojones, skullcap-man and his lake of fiery stuff, that cackle from the kid in gold armor, bodies in trees, and best of all....Moses kicking ass.
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

As with a fair few films I saw when young... I love and cannot see any faults.. well I can, but they are ignored. Much like Howard the Duck.:D
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984