San Diego Comic-Con Coverage

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

San Diego Comic-Con Coverage

Post by Nevermore »

Live feed at TFW2005, with phone camera photos.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... 09-168203/

More at the Allspark:
http://www.allspark.com/content/view/5776/20/
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'm sure this was mentioned elsewhere, but what are the exclusives that Hasbro Toy Shop will be selling this year?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

In a nutshell:

Revenge of the Fallen:

Legends Class: Arcee, Jolt, Wheelie, Soundwave

Scout Class: Brakedown (G1 Stunticon colors), Skystalker, Scattorshot

Deluxe Class: Ratchet, Lockdown (weapons for Lockdown and Ratchet are interchangeable), .JPG]Dirge, Brawn

Also, the third bike sister is going to be named "Flareup"; though she wasn't shown yet.

Voyager Class: Jungle Attack Ironhide, .JPG]Bludgeon, Mindwipe (compatible with Skystalker)

Human Alliance: Barricade with Frenzy, Mudflap with Simmons and Chromia

Exclusives: "Gathering at the Nemesis" three-pack (seen before)

Non-ROTF exclusives:

Masterpiece Skywarp (Walmart)

Universe "Commemorative Edition" reissues Perceptor and Insecticons (Toys'R'Us)

Unreleased Animated toys:

Deluxe Class: Soundblaster (black Soundwave), Arcee, Rodimus Minor, Fugitive Waspinator (Bumblebee redeco)

Voyager Class: Ironhide (Ratchet retool with new head), Golfire Grimlock, Hydrodrive Bumblebee, Wingblade Optimus Prime, Blackout, Thundercracker (Starscream redeco)

NOTE: Image links for Dirge and Bludgeon don't work properly.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Notabot wrote:I'm sure this was mentioned elsewhere, but what are the exclusives that Hasbro Toy Shop will be selling this year?
Soundwave (G1 reissue with Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage and Ratbat) and a variant of Mighty Muggs Optimus Prime.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I feel like I'm not really missing anything from SDCC this year except for the two Masters of the Universe exclusives (He-Ro and an art book), but those have been so bungled so far, that I no longer feel bad about not getting to go.
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Not bad especially Voyager Blackout and Wingblade Prime. BTW, the Ironhide link sends you to that pic of Rodimus.
Clay

Post by Clay »

TFW has their own pictures up, including Bludgeon and Dirge. If it doesn't let guests view the attachments, let me know and I'll mirror them.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

quite glad to see that many new figures are at the cheaper end of the market. there are quite a few must-haves in here, not even including what are (so far) convention exclusives (IE movie style hoist & gears, etc).

also, after having a G1 marathon recently, I''m pleased brawn is getting some love.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Not overly interested in ROTF figures (barring characters that actually appeared in the movie), but I'll hold off on making any final decisions until I see them. Animated figures are a must (especially Arcee and Rodimus Minor), as I really like the aesthetic.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I'd seriously like to get a Soundwave. If anyone is able to pick one up for me, please send me a PM, I am really interested and would tip well.

Thanks.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

They should be available Monday morning on HasbroToyShop.com if they do like they did last year. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that.)
I'm excited about these... it means I don't have to get up early and fight the cybercrowds since I have little to no interest in the two offerings.
Housewife2000
Protoform

Post by Housewife2000 »

If the ROTF line now has Fallen, Bludgeon and Mindwipe figures, I wonder if there's a Bugly in the works?

Edit: Did they say how Mindwipe and Skystalker interact?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Mindwipe?
Skystalker?
JOY!:up::up::up::up:
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

All the Animated figures look great.

Lockdown is probably my favorite of the RoTF crowd, but I'm uber pleased to see Brawn, Dirge, and Bludgeon.

The Jungle Ironhide actually doesn't look half bad either. I may have to pick him up to replace 2007 Ironhide (thanks to a botched mod :swirly:).
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

OK, this is now up in the news page on the IDW site. Must just be out before the panel today.

San Diego, CA (July 24, 2009) - After the huge success of this summer's blockbuster TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN movie, IDW is keeping the excitement going with three new TRANSFORMERS series. Under license from Hasbro, IDW is proud to offer fans The TRANSFORMERS, the first ongoing series in years, written by the critically-acclaimed Mike Costa. Coming in November, TRANSFORMERS #1 starts things off with not one, but two, huge events so CYBERTON-shattering that the lives of the TRANSFORMERS characters will never be the same.

Mike Costa? Didn't see that coming. Doesn't say what the other series are, though. Expect we'll find out at the panel.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Neuronutter wrote:Coming in November, TRANSFORMERS #1 starts things off with not one, but two, huge events so CYBERTON-shattering that the lives of the TRANSFORMERS characters will never be the same.[/I]
Transformers comics. Serious business.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

So, did anyone else notice the pic on TFW of Mudflap HA...with a new motor cycle that is most definately supposed to be Arcee? So, what the hell, are they color it blue and call it Chromia? (since they colored the Chromia with Skids pink and called it Arcee)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

Neuronutter wrote: San Diego, CA (July 24, 2009) - After the huge success of this summer's blockbuster TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN movie, IDW is keeping the excitement going with three new TRANSFORMERS series. Under license from Hasbro, IDW is proud to offer fans The TRANSFORMERS, the first ongoing series in years, written by the critically-acclaimed Mike Costa. Coming in November, TRANSFORMERS #1 starts things off with not one, but two, huge events so CYBERTON-shattering that the lives of the TRANSFORMERS characters will never be the same.
Thank goodness, because there certainly haven't been enough HUGE OMG EVERYTHING IS CHANGED FOREVER EVENTS in the G1 comics lately.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, I never thought the basic setup was so bad it had to be made NEVER THE SAME AGAIN. TF comics don't need huge events that are CYBERTRON-shattering, just some good writers to exploit the potential that's actually there.

But then "Six issues that feature some rather marvellous character work and a new look at an age old war" isn't a title that'll shift many TPBs, whereas DEATHPOCALYPSATION!!!! will. It's probably just best to cross our fingers that IDW collapse in on themselves sometimes soon - the relaunch with three simultaneous new series (by the sounds of it) is typical of their total lack of forward planning, and I'd be mildly surprised if the ongoing reached a higher number of issues than AHM does.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Hmmm. So Mike Costa will be working on the ongoing. I enjoyed his work in G.I. Joe: Cobra (the final issue could've came together a teeny bit better, though). This of course doesn't guarantee that the Transformers ongoing will be any good, but I'm intrigued at least.