Spotlight Metroplex preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
borg72

Spotlight Metroplex preview

Post by borg72 »

...which is apparently a wheres waldo style preview. try your luck here:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... firsts.htm

im sorry, im a bit* distracted by the michael jackson news. paul gambuccini described him as "a tall man. taller than dermot o'leary". i think you'll agree theres no finer tribute.
*as in 'not at all

EDIT:
Image Image

Image Image Image

hopefully those work. sorry, but i should have considered that i didnt have any image hosting subscription before i started...

EDITY EDIT:
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Still a little skeptical about the double splashpage-ish format, but so far, there's a lot more meat to it than what I was expecting.

Do like the inclusion of the Throttlebots. Goldbug, from what I can tell, doesn't seem to be Bumblebee reincarnated. That's neat.

One thing though, the battle Sixshot supposedly had in Revelation...when did that happen? Off panel?
backlash3906
Protoform

Post by backlash3906 »

THROTTLEBOTS! F**K YEAH! :headbang:
Terome

Post by Terome »

Looks nice.*

* Hey guys! Continuity!
Civ

Post by Civ »

I so hope the Metroplex beats Sixshot's skidplate left, right, up the middle, and finally, split it in half.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Ha! the fifth one has a streetlight soundwave(fig). Do they sell these in stores? I haven't seen any in the comics section with the regular dc's and marvel's. I mean in the grocery stores display, or Walmart.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

zigzagger wrote: so far, there's a lot more meat to it than what I was expecting.
I agree, it looks a lot better than the last 12 months of new creative direction (minus MD that I loved).
One thing though, the battle Sixshot supposedly had in Revelation...when did that happen? Off panel?
I think so. We just saw one panel, I believe: Sixshot was on the fourth moon of Buhl, defending one of the Nega-Nuclei. I suppose that the Autobot/Decepticon alliance attacked him too (as they did with Thunderwing and Monstructor), just the saga was so crammed that there was no space to show that specific battle.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

zigzagger wrote: Do like the inclusion of the Throttlebots. Goldbug, from what I can tell, doesn't seem to be Bumblebee reincarnated. That's neat.
It's a strange one for me, I'm fine with the Megatron/Galvatron separation but Goldbug not being Bumblebee seems odd somehow. i guess because Megs and Galvy are usually portrayed as distinct albeit linked characters but Goldbug is basically just Bumblebee with a new paint job.

Artwise it looks neat though.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Oh, look...Scrounge is at the research satellite. I guess that's cool.
MeGrimlock wrote:I suppose that the Autobot/Decepticon alliance attacked him too (as they did with Thunderwing and Monstructor), just the saga was so crammed that there was no space to show that specific battle.
Yeah, I figured that much. For some reason I thought they just went around Sixshot to get at the Nega-Core.
inflatable dalek wrote:It's a strange one for me, I'm fine with the Megatron/Galvatron separation but Goldbug not being Bumblebee seems odd somehow. i guess because Megs and Galvy are usually portrayed as distinct albeit linked characters but Goldbug is basically just Bumblebee with a new paint job.
I wonder if the 'Bee and 'Bug retcon (assuming they are separate characters, that is) has anything to do with the Bumblebee mini that was hinted at - err, umm, I can't seem to remember when. I could've sworn it was mentioned at some panel or other a few months back.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

zigzagger wrote:I wonder if the separation between 'Bee and 'Bug has anything to do with the Bumblebee mini that was hinted at, err, umm, I don't remember when. I could've sworn it was mentioned at some panel or other a few months back.
Zander Cannon said he was writing a BBee miniserie that was part of "a partial reboot".
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

zigzagger wrote:Yeah, I figured that much. For some reason I thought they just went around Sixshot to get at the Nega-Core.
That was my assumption as well, I don't recall any on panel action as we had with Monstructor. Though there's nothing to say there wasn't a off screen fight I suppose. Mind, Searchlight wouldn't have been there, it wouldn't have been enough Transformers to count as a army and they'd have won. But he might be hyperbolising.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Or it's another "retcon", albeit a very minor one if compared to last year of butchery.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Is it me, or does Goldbug call Chase "Freeway" on the fifth page, a line after Searchlight's called him Chase? Good to know some things never change...
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Despite all IDW's plot pacing problems, they had until recently (with Omegra Spreem) avoided the Dreamwave technique of "huge robo shows up out of nowhere to save the day" (or alternately kill us all) that seemed to happen every other issue they produced. I hope this issue ends up with more than just another "Gasp! What are we gonna do?" "Don't worry little robos, I'm a big robo come to save the day!" type story.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

maybe he never actually transforms, and just tries tio kill everyone with a variety of increasingly indiana-jones-esque booby traps?