TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Only time I've come across two of the same hands on one figure is with a KO Long Haul, but it's not noticeable when they're merged into Devastator. (it was an entire Constructicon KO set)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
numbat

Post by numbat »

I guess I'm rather unlucky having two of the same hand with two Hasbro releases, and one Takara (T.H.S.-01)...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

numbat wrote:I guess I'm rather unlucky having two of the same hand with two Hasbro releases, and one Takara (T.H.S.-01)...
I'd call the hotline (if it is on the box, or on the website, etc.) and complain about it. I feel if you buy something you should be satisfied with the end result. Of course, sometimes flops can be worth more in the future, but still. That is ridiculous.:nonono:
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Detective Barricade

Got Onslaught, and aside from a few minor quirks, he's fine! Everything pegs together securely. I love how his legs transform.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I just got a hold of the people at Hasbro (very friendly by the way) about my Onslaught with two right hands. Here's the deal: They're sending me a shipping label, and I can send him back to Hasbro, and once they receive him, they will send me a new one when they have stock in. :) Right now it's a little tight with their shipping since it's a new line and they couldn't guarantee they would have one in stock. :nonono: I also have the option of returning it to the store I purchased it from, and exchanging it with another one if they have it. (In this case it was Target where I live, and they only had one when I got it) So there you guys go. Contact Hasbro, and they'll try to get you a new one. Not too shabby, and like I said, they were SUPER nice and very informative.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Update on my earlier post about my request to Hasbro about two-right-hands Onslaught. Here's the email they sent me in case anyone else encountering this problem is wondering what they will do for you:

"Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc., and for bringing this matter to our attention.

Please be assured that we have shared your concerns with the product team. We will be pleased to arrange an exchange of the complete Universe Onslaught Transformer for you as, unfortunately, parts are not available separately.

To help facilitate the process, please use the postage paid mailing label that is being sent to you at the address you have provided. Simply package up your return and place the mailing label securely on the package. Drop it off at the Post Office window and it’ll be on its way back to us.

Once your Onslaught Transformer is received at our returns facility, we will be glad to send a new replacement product. If there is a production delay and this product is not available we will replace it with a product of equal value.

We want to assure you that all of us are dedicated to maintaining quality products. We hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come.
"

Hope this helps anyone with Universe toy problems!
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

ganon578 wrote:Update on my earlier post about my request to Hasbro about two-right-hands Onslaught. Here's the email they sent me in case anyone else encountering this problem is wondering what they will do for you:

"Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc., and for bringing this matter to our attention.

Please be assured that we have shared your concerns with the product team. We will be pleased to arrange an exchange of the complete Universe Onslaught Transformer for you as, unfortunately, parts are not available separately.

To help facilitate the process, please use the postage paid mailing label that is being sent to you at the address you have provided. Simply package up your return and place the mailing label securely on the package. Drop it off at the Post Office window and it’ll be on its way back to us.

Once your Onslaught Transformer is received at our returns facility, we will be glad to send a new replacement product. If there is a production delay and this product is not available we will replace it with a product of equal value.

We want to assure you that all of us are dedicated to maintaining quality products. We hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come.
"

Hope this helps anyone with Universe toy problems!
DON'T DO IT!!!

In every case I've heard of, anyone who sends a figure back to Hasbro for a replacement, gets a legends figure as the "equal or lesser value product". DO NOT SEND IT BACK. Return it to the store you bought it from.
Steam: Hot Shot
EmFalcon88
Protoform

Post by EmFalcon88 »

In every case I've heard of, anyone who sends a figure back to Hasbro for a replacement, gets a legends figure as the "equal or lesser value product". DO NOT SEND IT BACK. Return it to the store you bought it from.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. That would hurt .. send back an Ultra and get a Legends class. I'd rather have a two-right-handed Onslaught. (or whatever the case may be)
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

EmFalcon88 wrote:In every case I've heard of, anyone who sends a figure back to Hasbro for a replacement, gets a legends figure as the "equal or lesser value product". DO NOT SEND IT BACK. Return it to the store you bought it from.
Ouch. That would hurt .. send back an Ultra and get a Legends class. I'd rather have a two-right-handed Onslaught. (or whatever the case may be)[/QUOTE]

I actually got lucky and called around to Target stores in my area, and there was one left. So I took my two-right-handed Onslaught there and exchanged it. I just figured I would post what Hasbro had sent me about my inquiry, so people knew what the deal was. I didnt' think it was a good deal either, and I didn't want other people sending their stuff in and getting screwed. Now I have a proper Onslaught thanks to Target, and he's frickin' SWEET!
EmFalcon88
Protoform

Post by EmFalcon88 »

Good stuff!

You should make him dance; make sure that he doesn't have two left feet, now. Put a little cowboy hat on Megatron and he can blast away at Onslaught's toes .. 'Dance, Onslaught, Dance!'
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Energon Hot Shot wrote: In every case I've heard of,
Which is how many, out of curiosity? And what were they sending back?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Aye. I don't think Hasbro would be able to get away with something like that. There'd be lawsuits to high heaven if they even tried.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Denyer wrote:Which is how many, out of curiosity? And what were they sending back?
I'm really not sure how many, as I've heard about it on different sites over the years. One particular case last year I remember was on Seibertron when someone sent their broken classic camaro Bumblebee back to Hasbro for a replacement, and they sent him legends movie Megatron calling it the "equal or lesser value replacement product". About three others showed up in the topic and said the same thing happened to them when their BB's automorph broke, and they never saw their Bumblebees again.
Steam: Hot Shot
Grapple

Post by Grapple »

I love these figures, generally speaking, but I wish they'd do a full line of the Stunticons! The Autobot cars are great, but there are too many. The Stunticons offer a great opportunity for Hasbro to add some 'Cons to the TF universe lineup. I wanna see Drag Strip, Wildrider, Dead End, and Breakdown. And they could easily do Motormaster as some kind of big truck other than a Semi.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Dragstrip would be easy, too. Just repaint Mirage.
numbat

Post by numbat »

RID Scourge wrote:Dragstrip would be easy, too. Just repaint Mirage.
The thing is, Hasbro actually repainted Mirage in a more unusual manner as Crasher ('Fracture') - are they likely to repaint the mould so soon (I suppose it is part of a different line)?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Detective Barricade

They've repainted Cyb. Evac as Universe Autobot Blades and as Universe vs. 2 pack Springer. I wouldn't rule out a possible repaint of Mirage as Dragstrip.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grapple

Post by Grapple »

All the Combaticons and a Hound figure would also be MOST welcome. I guess they have done a couple, but I'd like to see them all. And why wouldn't they do the constructicons? I dont know of a TF fan out there who wouldn't like more poseable, sophisticated Constructicon figs. Bottom line is, there needs to be more midsized 'Con vehicles in the TF Universe catalog.
THE POWER OF BAY COMPELS YOU!
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

From pictures, and Nevermore posted them i do believe: There is going to be a larger version of Hound, Inferno, and several others. Please correct me if I am wrong, I just remember seeing pictures and oohing and ahhing over them *sweatdrop*.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Grapple wrote:All the Combaticons and a Hound figure would also be MOST welcome. I guess they have done a couple, but I'd like to see them all. And why wouldn't they do the constructicons? I dont know of a TF fan out there who wouldn't like more poseable, sophisticated Constructicon figs. Bottom line is, there needs to be more midsized 'Con vehicles in the TF Universe catalog.
They already released Devastator composed of 5 of the 6 Constructicons in the first Classics line, so another release in the Universe/Classics line is probably not going to happen. The sixth Constructicon was done as Heavy Load as a stand in for the missing Mixmaster in Devastator.

I do agree with you that there needs to be more deluxe Decepticons though. As much as I enjoy Starscream repaints, that mold has been Hasbro's whore. I'm surprised it's not broken already.

On the repaint subject, I was reading the back of Universe Blaster's box tonight, and it mentions him working along side Perceptor. Seeing as they made a Legends version of him in the first Classics line, I think it would be sweet to make a new one of him using the Cybertron Defense Red Alert mold to match his Legends fig. They could repaint it Perceptor style, and release it under the Universe line. And I'm still hoping for a Universe Shockwave, no offense fans of the Animated line, I just want a more realistic (if that applies to TFs) Shockwave that I don't have to pay through the nose for.