Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0

Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

:lol:

If it's any consolation, I shan't be getting Powerglide unless I can find him almost for free. :D
numbat

Post by numbat »

Wow - your review has changed my view of the figure considerably!

I was kinda on the fence with him, from the photos that have gradually appeared (I really didn't like how blue the first ones looked - glad to see he's solid gunmetal now! Ace!). Sounds like he's actually well worth it!

I've proofed it (which didn't take much of anything - bar a few typos, was perfect already!).

Any chance of adding a score out of 10 for the price, though? From what you said, I put a '10' in, but you can sort that as you like (and delete the '(??)' after it).

Great stuff!

:up:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Transformer Kamen wrote::lol:

If it's any consolation, I shan't be getting Powerglide unless I can find him almost for free. :D
Oddly, I'm quite keen to get Powerglide - but only in the G1 red (Takara USA Edition). Alas, I can't find it at an affordable pre-order price (inclusive of postage). Oh - it is mainly for the novelty of having him stand next to G1 Powerglide, of course... (Perhaps not the most sensible reason to buy such a large figure, but, hey... probably won't find it anyway...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

More Junglecrusher photos if you want them.

I won't take offence if you want to take your own so as to illustrate your views on the figure!

;)
Attachments
MovieDeluxeJunglecrusherRobot3.jpg
MovieDeluxeJunglecrusherRobot2.jpg
MovieDeluxeJunglecrusher_Buffalo2.jpg
MovieDeluxeJunglecrusher_Buffalo1.jpg

Also items on eBay.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Those look fine to me, besides my parents are on holiday and they took the camera with them. But on the plus side they've bought me some TF videos from a car boot sale, but on another down side I'm almost out of milk and I've no bread or beer.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
numbat

Movie Best Buy Metallic ('Premium') Voyager Ratchet [proofed - has photos]

Post by numbat »

Well, I got Best Buy metallic effect movie Ratchet today - so that rounds off the 5 Movie Autobots for me!

I really hated the fluorescent green every other version of the Movie figure was painted (and didn't care for the G1 inspired repaints either, although I do have LOC Rescue Ratchet, but he's worth it for LOC Brawl/Devastator!), and his character was a little thin in the film (like all bar Prime and Bumblebee). I never had a huge love of the G1 character (I found him dull back when I was wee and liked Ironhide instead - who I did get the Movie version of fairly quickly, but he was also a really huge pick-up, so you gotta forgive me there!), so the Movie figure didn't have that appeal either. I do, however, have a love of practical offroad vehicles, and, although Hummers by their various oddities and huge fuel consumption only really scrape in to the 'practical' part, they do look cool. It's a bit of a shame Ratchet's a strange modified version - the least 'real' of the Movie Autobots in that sense - but as a rescue vehicle, I think he's pretty cool. But that green...

I liked the look of the metallic version, though, and finally found it at a good price (25GBP inclusive of postage), so bought him. I guess folks are caught up in Animated and Universe just now...

Anyway - he is quite fun, and the metallic finish works well, but there are quirks in there (like his solid black feet...).

I'll review him fully shortly (well, in the near-ish future), but here are the photos just now...
Attachments
MovieMetallicRatchet_Hummer2.jpg
MovieMetallicRatchet_Hummer1.jpg
MovieMetallicRatchet_Art.jpg
MovieMetallicRatchet_Box.jpg

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I would say, the metallic is not very photogenic - he doesn't look yellow or sludge coloured in real life!

And, a real bonus with the figure is, of course, the fact you can attach Mini-Cons!

(Dualor attached from the Armada Destruction Team. [Excuse the 'Metallica' in the file name. Clearly I have typed the band's name too often, from my younger days when I had a '@metallica.com' e-mail address. Oh, the rapscallion I was... I never thought twice about putting it down on job ads or Uni reports... :swirly:)
Attachments
MovieMetallicaRatchet_Dualor.jpg
MovieMetallicRatchet_Robot3.jpg
MovieMetallicRatchet_Robot2.jpg
MovieMetallicRatchet_Robot1.jpg

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

electro girl wrote:but on another down side I'm almost out of milk and I've no bread or beer.
Bummer.

Also items on eBay.
zeoman4.5

Review of Universe Acid Storm [PROOFED]

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Name Acid Storm
Function Decepticon Air Warrior
Group "The Rain Makers"

A member of an obscure squad of Decepticon air Warriors known only as
the "Rain Makers," Acid Storm is known as an individual only to his team-mates and a very few others. He is highly intelligent, eager, and dedicated utterly to the Decepticon cause. He has a talent for marshaling vast amounts of data, as well as a way with words that would make him a powerful speaker. However, he prefers to remain anonymous, as part of his team. His Hyperion3 blasters can seed natural clouds with a highly destructive form of acid rain.

Well Hasbro finally did it, they made a green seeker jet. I was always
waiting, searching, and expecting one and its release has not disappointed. Although, I can't really see why they decided to release a figure with such an obscure nature. I mean would not Sunstorm have been the natural choice? Anyway, Acid Storm did appear in one episode of G1 along with the other "rain makers". That's it, there is nothing else to say about his character, I told you he was obscure. This kinda bugs me. If this was say, Animated, then I would have no problems with an unknown character being introduced but in a commemorative type series like Universe this seems a little out of place. Enough of this nonsense, like it or not they made him. I'm here to review the figure not discuss Hasbro's marketing plots.

Vehicle Mode
Acid Storm's vehicle form is a jet. It is roughly based of the F15 Eagle form that was common place amongst the G1 Seekers. This famous set of jets is now an essential part of any fan aimed series, and of course this is a re-paint of the vastly popular Classics Skywarp mould. Now you're probably wondering "wait isn't Skywarp a re-paint of Starscream?" Well yes and no. With the Classics series Starscream and Skywarp are similar, but actually differing in one small way, the air intakes. These parts are the large up rising pieces on the robot's shoulders. On Screamer, there are three engraved lines on the lower back portion, on Warp and Acid Storm there are four. I very minor difference that a year of play caused me to notice.

Anyhow Acid Storm is very unique in appearance, of course with Green being his main color. This really sets him apart from the other groups of Seekers and begins to make me wonder what function the "Rain Makers" have. He is also covered in beige and brown oil splotch type camouflage. This is really weird, I can't possibly think of a reason why one would put camo paint on a fighter jet. Is he flying through the forest for some reason, is so that'll put his 10 Skill level to good work. It is strange, but it really works and gives him an eye catching and pleasant appearance. He has grey on his after burners, and a sort of dull grey-blue on the nose of the jet. His cockpit window is tinted a orange-yellow, and pulls together his appearance nicely. He has a total of four Decepticon insignias on him, two on his wings and two on his tail wings.

As far as play is concerned he is great. I simply adore Seeker jets and they are especially fun to pretend to fly around and to display in there cool jet forms. Yeah, I know a little immature of me, but it really is fun. He is armed with his Hyperion3 blasters which take the form of a pair of projectile launchers under his wings. They fire well and a moderate distance. The only minor problem I have is that you can pretty easily see his robot body from the underside, but that doesn't effect his display at all so I over look it. Overall, he is a great jet and a stand alone one at that.

Robot Mode
Acid Storm's Robot mode is once again perfectly in line with the general
appearance of the Starscream-esque Seekers. The wings up and behind the body, the blocky chest with the intakes on the top, cockpit firmly nestled in the middle of his chest, a pair of arm mounted cannons, and the standard Seeker style helmet.

His colors are what stand him apart from the crowd in this mode as well. The green is very prominent still, however there is less brown/beige camo, and a good amount more of the grey-blue on his upper legs and mid chest. There is also black on his upper chest, helmet, lower arms, feet, and launchers; and yellow on his shoulders, knees, and air intakes. The rest is the green. All four of his Black Decepticon insignias are visible now with two on his legs and two on his wings in classic G1 style. The black makes them blend in so they are subtle, and not distracting from the over all look of the figure. Like Skywarp his face is Silver with blood red eyes.

Acid Storm like his Classics seeker Brothers has a decent range of
articulation. The standard for most figures in his range. However there are quite a few things to hinder movement and poseability. The nose cone of the jet is attached to the back of the head limiting head rotation. The wings limit the movement of the arms if the launchers are attached. The figure is also a little back heavy. These are limitations but only for those without a good imagination. He is still rather poseable and is loads of fun to play with. His launchers are also present and can be attached to the arms G1 style or placed in his hands for better range of motion. Very fun, a truly nice figure in all.

Points out of ten for the following:

Durability 8/10 very sturdy, he's got no real weak points.
Price 8/10 worth the deluxe price of $9.99, but due to a labeling
error at my local Walmart I got mine for $3.27 USD. Oh Yeah!
Transformation 4/10 for difficulty, but 10/10 for design and fun.
Fun 10/10 This is a really fun figure, and amongst the other jets in the line he is superb.
OverAll 9/10 He is a great figure, full of nostalgic Seeker goodness,
but also a "new" addition to the TF ranks and really worth a chance. Buy him if you get the chance, even if you own one or all of the other jets of his kind, he is worth owning, trust me.
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

His tech spechs are as follows:

Strength 6
Intelligence 9
Speed 7
Endurance 7
Rank 5
Courage 9
Fireblast 6
Skill 10
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Great review I'm considering picking him up when he is released in the UK even though I own Starscream.
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Thanks for the review,

Yeah, I just know I'm gonna be picking one of these up. But the question burns, how many more seekers can there be?

And why didn't Sunstorm get a look-in?
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Grufflock wrote:

And why didn't Sunstorm get a look-in?
'Cause Hasbro's going to release him as a Botcon exclusive. ;)

Good Review. I'm definitely planning on getting this guy!
numbat

Post by numbat »

That's the review completed.

I hope it explains why I feel that, objectively, WST Swoop deserves such low scores.

I mean, Swoop is my favourite WST Dinobot - but I had to make him that way. I don't think you should have to modifiy a transformer straight out the box just so as you can transform him. And I think a lot of more casual collectors may buy him and be terribly disappointed - landed with an untransforming transformer with unusable missile launchers and maybe even be decapitated to boot!

Still, if you're happy to fix him up, get WST Swoop - you'll love him as much as I do!

Also items on eBay.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Ordered mine of e-bay yesterday for £15 + £5 p and p. After been unable to secure a Classics version at the time of release I thought I might as well go for this one.
zeoman4.5

Review of Universe Galvatron [proofed]

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Name Galvatron
Function Decepticon Tyrant,Lord of Chaos,Decepticon City commander,
Herald of Unicron, ect...
Group Universe Deluxe Decepticons

My power is everything, defeat is absurd!

Arrogant, powerful, and ruthless, Galvatorn has emerged to seize control
of the scattered Decepticon forces. He has formed what was once a loose
confederation of assassins and warlords and turned it into an army capable
of threatening the entire universe. Rumors abound, but no one knows where he came from; they only know that he arrived, and swiftly crushed all opposition to his rule. Some Decepticons hope another leader powerful
enough to challenge him will soon emerge, but most are too afraid of him
to even hope for someone better.

It seems like every other year we are blessed with a new Galvatron. Why
not? He is the toughest Decepticon Leader, and he always looks so cool in
his trademark Purple color scheme. He started off with humble beginings
as the reformatted version of the original Megatron, who was badly injured
at the hands of Optimus Prime in the 1986 Transformers film. He was the
leader until the end of G1 in 1987. He would show up later as a Predacon
leader in the Japanese series Beast Wars II, and return in the sequel series
Beast Wars Neo. He also appears as an upgraded Megatron in RID, Armada,
Energon, and Cybertron series. Now he has returned to become the leader
of the highly anticipated Unverse line. He's got the will, but does he have
the goods to get the job done right? Lets find out.

Vehicle Mode
Galvatron is an awesome G1-like particle blast cannon... actually he's a
tank. Well they got it sort of right, he's got a particle blast cannon on his
tank form. Now, I'm not an expert on vehicles, especially military ones, but
I am certain that Galvatron is not a real tank; he might be very similar to
the shape and structure of earth tanks, but none of our military forces
have particle blast cannons on there tanks. I can see why they would make
him a tank though. It would be hard to believe a powerful leader would turn
into a stationary gun, this provides the "modern" leader with greater
mobility. It could also have something to do with the other tank Megatrons and Galvatrons out there. He is pretty plain though, just a flat tank base with couple hooks on the front, and some rockets on the rear sides. The weapons
platform is the eye catcher, the cannon very cool, plus he's got a lot of
little detail sculpts and a secondary missile pod on the right rear.

In this mode Galvatron is almost entirely grey, a very plastic grey. This is
not to impressive, I would have expected more from a figure this caliber.
He has some silver on the front scoop like bits, on some side vents, and at
the mid section of the turret. From the rear a little bit of purple is seen on
the under side of the turret. Once again the cannon takes center stage in
this mode. The translucent orange brings back fond G1 memories, and
makes you remember that he's Galvatron in there somewhere. The one thing
color wise I could do without is the wierd off-peach color of the trigger, it
looks awful. He has the text "Galv-25" written on the both sides of the
turret. It is a reference to the 25th anniversary and of course his name. The colors are just plain, period.

Of course the most important part of the vehicle mode is the play, in my
opinion. Galvatron has a decent bit of fun rolled up in his vehicle mode. The
turret rotates well and the cannon is a projectile launcher with excellent
launch distance for a deluxe class figure. It almost hurts to get hit with it.
The projectile is shaped like a small rocket on the tip, but its the same
orange as the cannon so it looks a bit better without it in the barrel, for
display. The only problems I've got with his vehicle mode are its wheels.
There are 2 main problems with them. 1. They are my bane the fake-a-tread
type of wheel embedded in the molded on plastic tank treads. 2. They are
painted, no not colored, actually painted the stupid peach color, which
means they can't roll because the paint sticks to the axles. Awrgh! That
set aside he can be somewhat fun to play with and is not bad for display.

Robot Mode
Now is the very unfortunate part of my Galvatron review, his robot mode.
At a glance one can see the obvious similarities between the G1 and the
figure sitting in front of you. The crowned head, the set of red squares on
his abdomen, the hexagon knee caps, the huge arm mounted cannon. Get
closer and suddenly you are assaulted by the masses of vehicle parts
jutting out everywhere. His legs are big, hollow blocks. His right arm is
the tank turret, with a open claw like hand. The back is a mass of tank
armor. He looks like an improvised version of his G1 self, not a
revolutionary new form of his character. He looks too scrawny for
a deluxe. His body doesn't match up with his limbs, except for the left arm.
The hands on the different arms don't even match up. One is an open claw,
the other a clenched normal looking fist. His face makes him look scary,
managing to at least retain the insane ferocity of the G1 character.

The colors are a bit of a saving grace. He finally shows his true colors,
the purple. The shade is more of violet so its a bit less accurate than that
shown on the box. His body, upper left arm, feet, waist, and helmet are
this color. The rest of his armor is the vehicle mode's grey. Nearly all of
the joints are that stupid peach color, which totally wrecks the Galvatron
look. There are some silver detail bits, and the orange cannon to mend
it a little bit. He looks close, but the joint bits are very distracting.

He is decently articulated, but the kibble makes doing any posing or play
difficult. Unless your only planning on moving his arms at the shoulder,
he is a pain because his lower legs, and back pieces fall off easily. His
arm cannon is once again the main fun factor involved. It is still very fun.
He is too back heavy. That coupled with his lack of well balanced feet
makes it nearly impossible to pose him well. He can stand menacingly
though... I really wanted him to be the awesome fun toy that Galvatron
should be, but this one really let me down.

Points out of ten for the following:

Price 6/10 For the Deluxe price your basically paying for the name
and his cannon. Glad I got mine for $3.27 USD instead of the normal $10
Durability 7/10 He falls apart a lot in robot mode and the plastic
over all feels cheap and wobbly.
Transformation 6/10 for difficulty, it took me a while at first, but
3/10 for fun he brakes apart to much, to easily.
Fun 6/10 The score is mainly for his Galvatron-like nature, his
vehicle is plain, his robot is hodgepodge and wobbly.
Overall 6/10 Not the great Galvatron I was hoping for. This figure
is an O.K. representation of his G1 namesake, but lacks on so many levels.
The disappointment is the reason why I must insist unless you are a
completist or a fanatic Galvatron lover, you should think twice before
getting this one.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

=(

i may pass... sad day for a decepticon cmpletist...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Transformer Kamen wrote:'Cause Hasbro's going to release him as a Botcon exclusive. ;)

Good Review. I'm definitely planning on getting this guy!
Oh yeah... *slaps forehead

Unless the TFCC decides to do a whole slew of Rainmaker figs...
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Detective Barricade

Pictures.

Post by Detective Barricade »

Here's the vehicle and robot pics.
Attachments
AniBee_Robot.JPG
AniBee_Alt.JPG
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Warcry

Universe Powerglide Review---[PROOFED]

Post by Warcry »

Name: Powerglide
Function: Warrior
Motto: "To stop me, you have to catch me first."

Not as fast or powerful as the Decepticon fliers, Powerglide relies on his raw skill as a combat pilot. Where his enemies rely on afterburners and advanced weapons systems, he executes aerial loops, flat spins, and other aerial maneuvers that make even the craziest and most foolhardy Decepticons backfire out of fear. In a sky full of bad buys, you can always spot Powerglide twisting and diving through enemy fire, dodging missiles and generally outclassing even the best among the Decepticon aerial warriors.

This is a review I never intended to write. Why not, you ask? Well, truth be told I never had any intention of buying Powerglide. I've never been one for large Transformers, I never cared that much for him as a character and the pre-release stock photos didn't impress me all that much. When I saw him in person, though, I had to admit that he looked a lot better in person. I was also impressed by how bloody huge he was (his jet mode dwarfs the Classic Seekers the way the G1 Seekers dwarf the original Powerglide, and he even makes a fully decked-out Classics Jetfire look small). And so I got him, and here we are. Did I waste my money? Let's find out!

Alternate Mode:
The airplane that Powerglide turns into should be familiar to anyone who knows the character, because it's basically the same as it was 20 years ago. As a slightly embellished A-10 Thunderbolt he brings a much different look than your standard fighter jet (Starscream, I'm looking at you). The A-10 is designed for ground assault rather than aerial dogfighting, and its bulky, almost ungainly appearance makes that very clear. Personally I quite like the look, but I could see some people -- especially children -- turning up their noses and going for a sleek fighter instead.

Powerglide's colour scheme is basically the reverse of the original toy. Light grey dominates, with occasional red highlights along the wings, tail, engines and nose. He's very well-detailed in this mode, with visible 'rivets' along his wings and fuselage, control surfaces sculpted into his wings and tail fins, and numerous other small details.

Powerglide is packed with electronic lights and sounds. His cockpit and engines both light up and he makes numerous noises when you press a button just forward of his engines. I don't have much patience for electronics in toys at the best of times, but his seem to be very, very hair-trigger -- they went off a dozen times while I was trying to transform him the first time, and only stopped when I got pissed off and took the batteries out (I was impressed to see that they'd put his batteries inside his engines, a neat way of hiding them).

The only real complaint I've got for Powerglide's jet mode is the relative lack of weaponry. Aside from a single off-centre autocannon mounted under his cockpit which doubles (poorly, in this mode) as a missile launcher, he's totally unarmed. That's a marked improvement from his completely weaponless G1 toy, but considering the price point I think it's fair to ask for the guy to come equipped with a couple extra boomsticks. A couple of missile launchers that could mount under his wings would go a long way toward making this guy look imposing. As it is, he's got nothing on Jetfire's "kill absolutely everything in a ten mile radius" arsenal.

The best thing about Powerglide's plane mode, though, is how seamlessly his robot parts disappear. Aside from the arms artlessly folded up under his wings and a head that's only noticeable because it's a different colour from what surrounds it, you really need to stop and think about where the rest of his robot mode is hiding. It's not a flawless transformation, but it's better than 90% of the Transformer jets we've seen to date and miles ahead of Universe Silverbolt, who looks like little more than a jet with a folded-up robot tacked onto the bottom in jet mode.

Robot Mode:
After going through a transformation that's just tricky enough to warrant his size, I found Powerglide's robot mode a little bit of a letdown. Most of his bulk ends up folding into his torso, and from some angles he looks like he's all chest. He comes off pretty good despite that, with a colour scheme that's pretty much the same as it was in vehicle mode. His hips and some of his chest plates are a slightly different shade of grey from the rest of him and he's got some red highlights (most notably his head, his wrists and his, uh, pectoral area), but for the most part he's the same light grey as he is in vehicle mode.

Powerglide's bulky torso gives him a strong, powerful look (one that's belied by his tech specs giving him a strength rating of 3, but whatever...), and once again it's a shame he's so under-armed. His autocannon/missile launcher serves him as a handgun, and that's the only weapon he's got. Another sidearm (or even better, a rifle of some sort) wouldn't have been unwelcome here, because he looks a bit undergunned.

Beyond that he's a pretty good toy in robot mode. For someone so top-heavy he can stand without trouble in a surprising variety of poses, a benefit of having well-designed feet that are actually big enough to provide a decent amount of support. Powerglide is heavily articulated, and although his bulky chest module can make some of his potential poses look silly, he's quite a bit of fun to play around with.

The most notable thing about Powerglide's robot mode, though, is how little it looks like Powerglide. If not for his wings jutting up vertically alongside his chest, he really wouldn't have any visual similarities to the original at all. His head is only vaguely similar to the original, his colour scheme is entirely different and his vehicle mode parts all end up in different places. In fact, he could just as easily have been a new version of the Micromaster Hot House. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is going to be entirely down to how you feel about the original Powerglide, but I for one like the way he turned out.

Transformation: Just complicated enough to make the figure seem like it actually needed to be this big. 7/10

Durability: His wings are connected to his body with a series of joints that don't feel all that sturdy. 7/10

Fun: He's cool and all, but for his size I don't think he's anything special. 7/10

Price: He costs more than twice as much as a deluxe figure, and when you think about how good some of the recent deluxes have been that's a sobering thought. Unlike some other large TFs I've bought, though, he actually feels like he's worth the money. 7/10

Overall: He's no Jetfire, but Powerglide isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. If you're in the market for a gigantic Autobot flier who stands out from the crowd, you wouldn't go wrong with this guy. 7/10

Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Fireblast: 6
Skill: 9

If someone could provide pics, that would be awesome. :)