-poll deleted-

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0

Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

numbat wrote:(except for where it professes Flywheels to be superior... Battletrap all the way man!).

[...]

Frankly, the Duocons are rather crap, even given their novelty value! Lol!
I kill you till you are dead, then turn the remains into a very stylish hat to wear in the winter months.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Halfshell wrote:I kill you till you are dead, then turn the remains into a very stylish hat to wear in the winter months.
Seems reasonable enough.

:)

I suggest lining it with my ample supply of body hair - keeps me warm during winter anyway.

:up:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

The only key point not mentioned was that the milk-shooter can attach to the helicopter too, serving as an effective way to overweight the front end in flight and send it crashing down right on its own canopy. But, being that I'm a fan of Slag's reviews myself, I can't say much. :)
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Is that Reverend as in Reverend Shrapnel? The guy who got a part in Shaun of the Dead? How excellent! that put's us all two degrees of seperation from Simon Pegg!

Um, now in my defence I wrote this on a sunday and I'm editing it today at the local library that has whizzy broadband. I've been able to put in the bold and italics that I wanted to, and additional paragraph splits for more digestable chunks, like a tin of Ceasar.

Thanks to Mr. Clay, I shall continue posting in this way (I used to just e-mail a Word doc), but the clever thing is I have just won a wireless card on eBay (they're a bit tricky to come across for my rusty old machine, and I've lost so many times in a bidding war I wanted to cry into my Jazz stamp), but now I nearly have one! Then I can plug it in and I'll be all broadbandy for the first time ever, and then I can be back for good, baaaaack for goood!

In the meantime, I was connected last night on crumbly dial-up and the pages wouldn't load fast enough for me to be able to check and see if Battletrap had already been reviewed. It took me about 13 minutes to be able to post my review up. Remember the pain of dial-up?

Basically when I moved away four years ago I took a bunch of photo's of my transformers with a view to writing reviews of them on day. Battletrap is my first, and I'd like to be really ultra sad and review the Protectobots individually, as I'm sure there's some fun to be had with those little blocks of yorkies.

Big thanks to TF Vanguard for introducing me to new word 'Snarky', as in Snarky & George perhaps? And this place is about fun, it's the cool reviews here that made me want to write reviews in the first place.

I am also massively impressed by The Rev. for pointing out BT's helicopter mode can support his milk-gun. If I'd have known that it would have... no, he's still shit.

Next review will be Groove in the style of Keanu Reeve's after his most 'succesful' Dogstar gig!

God bless us, everyone. Especially the edit button. Can I write a review of the Edit button?

Further shocking edit: Numbat; £50 quid for a boxed Battletrap?!?! really? I've got the box, I've got the box! Gimme dollar!

Oh the best one, my pride is Jetfire. I must've got him in about '85 or '86 and I kept the box, polystyrene moulds and everything. Even the little gun attachment that I could figure out how to make him hold. Of course some of his white has discoloured, but apart from that it's like it came off the shelf at Woolies. Er, apart from me putting two of his shin-stickers the wrong way up. But I'm sure reprolabels could fix that. £50 billion, and i'll be nice and throw in Battletrap, plus box. My Jazz I put in the attic, never do that. Turns your white robot's yellow. I still haven't got over it.

Well ok, I have. But it sounds dramatic doesn't it. I should write for Emmerdale, me. In the style of Bill Hicks (I wish).

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Blackjack wrote:G1 Snarl? Heck he didn't even make it into the movie!
Yeah he did.

He just wasn't in it as much as the others.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Auntie Slag wrote:Numbat; £50 quid for a boxed Battletrap?!?! really? I've got the box, I've got the box! Gimme dollar!
Erm, I'm afraid that was just how much they were selling for when I wrote that review back in, when, 2005 or early 2006?

There's no way you'd even get 1 quid out of me if you threw in the box!

(I sold mine loose without his weapon for a tenner by the way... there are nutters out there... but I put him up on eBay for 1p - bidding wars for Battletrap! :lol: )

So - maybe the great thing about Battletrap is that you can sell him for a not bad amount of dosh (considering his crapness) and fund better purchases, or buy some good ale! (That's gotta knock his 'overall' and 'fun' scores up a bit, right?)

:p

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

numbat

Post by numbat »

Cliffjumper wrote:FOR. THE. WIN.
I remember that guy - he's really rather cool - the polar opposite of Battletrap.

;)

Also items on eBay.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Blackjack wrote:"Battle damage..." yeah right.
Well, when I was a kid playing with Geewuns, I had four of the Aerialbots. I could never find Air Raid. But I did have Dead End. So, um... yeah. Dead End got drafted a lot. :)
numbat

Post by numbat »

Silverbolt looks a lot more poseable than I had expected from the photos, but I am not too keen on the amount of kibble in both modes. He is a wonderful homage to the original - a blocky body tacked to the underside of a plane... Lol!

I guess you gotta be a Silverbolt fan!

Great review though!

:up:

Also items on eBay.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Auntie Slag wrote:Is that Reverend as in Reverend Shrapnel? The guy who got a part in Shaun of the Dead? How excellent! that put's us all two degrees of seperation from Simon Pegg!

I've seen the Brumie Andy from Hot Fuzz a couple of times at Memorabilia events in the NEC (as one of us, not a guest), so I'd say that practically makes us all Pegg's secret love child.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Well its well know that Pegg is a self confessed geek.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Don't worry! He didn't break, just popped off at the joint. Just pop back on. :p

I'd love to see that. ;)

Check ur PM!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I stand corrected ;). So he appears in half a scene... Still, the Animators left him out for most of the movie... about the same.

Update on what I'm doing: Mark II Reviews for Spy Shot and Cyro Scourge almost done. The Return of Optimus Prime parts 1 is done, not spellchecked.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Blackjack wrote:Still, the Animators left him out for most of the movie...
Nonono - he read the script and stormed off set after the first day of shooting. The producers simply opted not to recast.

Which is what they have done in this instance - Slag is now filling the role.
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Your spot on with this review. Those energy-chucks, yeah... but a great figure
none the less, and a good review. Just one minor question, does your Jazz's
head come off easily? Mine certainly does.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

My Jazz's head doesn't come off, as long as you're not trying to tilt his head to the side. I could be lucky though.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I got your PM, whatever it was about...;) As for Animated 'Bee, he fell off the counter and his foot popped off, but that was it. It easily reattached.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Cool review, I totally passed Crosshairs up when I got Stormsurge and Warpath. You referenced my Hound review, that was unexpected. I am
definately getting Universe Hound and Ravage. I think the only thing keeping
me from purchasing this guy is that I already have Energon Strongarm.
Keep up the good work.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Halfshell wrote:Nonono - he read the script and stormed off set after the first day of shooting. The producers simply opted not to recast.

Which is what they have done in this instance - Slag is now filling the role.
I guess it's been long enough that most of the audience won't remember the original robo-actor, let alone alt mode.

Also items on eBay.