No votes

Total votes: 0

numbat

Post by numbat »

Here are the photos for WST Sludge!
Attachments
WST_Sludge_Robot.jpg
WST_Sludge_Dinosaur.jpg

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Here are the photos of WST Swoop!
Attachments
WST_Swoop_Robot.jpg
WST_Swoop_Pteranodon2.jpg
WST_Swoop_Pteranodon1.jpg

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

And here are some group WST Dinobot shots (and one with Convoy for scale).
Attachments
WST_Dinobots_Robots_Convoy.jpg
WST_Dinobots_Robots.jpg
WST_Dinobots_Dinosaurs.jpg

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

And here are photos of WST Snarl, Slag, Grimlock and Sludge with their missile launchers!

Note 1: Sludge requires his hand pegs to be shaved out slightly to hold his launcher - although nowhere near as much as his sword. I've found that the slightly enlarged hole can still hold his rifle, while the whole large enough for his sword can't easily hold either the rifle or the launcher.

Note 2: As with so many of Snarl's parts, the launcher is loose! It can't stay secured in the shoulder mount holes at all, without modification or at least a wedge.

Note 3: Slag's shoulder mount is very tight. Careful does it!
Attachments
WST_Sludge_Launcher.jpg
WST_Grimlock_Launcher.jpg
WST_Slag_Launcher.jpg
WST_Snarl_Launcher.jpg

Also items on eBay.
Clay

Post by Clay »

numbat wrote:And here are some group WST Dinobot shots (and one with Convoy for scale).
It's definitely you. :)
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

numbat wrote:

Yeah, he has been underdone as well. But I more dynamic mould would be welcome - sauropods seem to get saddled with bulky designs which look fairly useless... But that would probably be tricky to do, and I think it would take a lot of clever designing not to result in a robot mode with a lot of kibble with the neck and tail... Which aren't features which enhance the robot mode's look. (Erm, Sludge was my least favourite Dinobot, I think...)

Stegosaurus's offer more great possibilities with spikes and plates that could be placed around the body (I mean, frankly, G1 Snarl has the coolest looking robot mode... he's just the most inconsequential Dinobot for some reason...).
Go ahead, shatter my dreams with your cruel "logic".:p

Seriously, though, I agree with all the above points. However, I also think that the designers at Hasbro have proven that they can be quite clever when it comes to transformations, especially when they can take some liberties with the desing a la Transformers Universe.

Not saying it wouldn't be kibble-ridden or horribly heavy at one end or the other, but I think they could make a decent figure if they wanted.

That said, I don't have any particular love for Sludge aside from his unique alt mode.
Detective Barricade

Animated Bulkhead (Leader) Review - [Proofed]

Post by Detective Barricade »

Name: Bulkhead
Function: Super tough strong-bot
Sub-Group: Animated Leader class
"Oops. My bad."

It’s hard not to like Bulkhead. Despite being huge and strong, he’s the kindest, most gentle of the Autobots, and he always has other people’s best interests at heart. He’s also a klutz. That’s why it’s so terrifying when the Headmaster takes over his body. Bulkhead regularly engages in wholesale property damage purely by accident. With the Headmaster in charge of his body, will anyone be able to stop the tide of destruction?

Galactic Powers and Abilities:
- The strongest of the Autobots on Earth.
- Rarely uses air torpedoes because of accuracy issues.
- Buzzsaw originally built to slice iron meteors.

The name Bulkhead has only been used once before. That was for a green Autobot helicopter. This time it’s used for a green Autobot that’s a lovable, giant klutz! On to the review!

Alternate Mode:

In vehicle mode, Bulkhead is an armored truck, likely used by SWAT or the military. His sirens indicate that he’s at least some sort of emergency vehicle, which keeps in theme with the other members of Prime’s crew. The vehicle mode looks like it can take a pounding, with molded on rivets and a combination of smooth curves and sharp slopes. He’s bigger and more heavily armed than his Voyager mold. He has a turret on top of the cab and rotating turrets on the sides which hold the air torpedoes. His six wheels roll well across most surfaces.

There’s a fair few colours on Bulkhead. His primary colours are green and black, with some beige on his grill, arms, legs, and face. The Autobot symbol and light bar are in translucent red. His eyes are blue, but the light inside his head is yellow. He also has some details picked out in a deep gold. The Headmaster unit is mostly shocking pink with a grey face, yellow eyes, and translucent blue. The “horns” are clear.

Bulkhead probably has the most gimmicks out of any Leader class figure so far. He has the near obligatory for Leader class “electronic lights and sounds!” gimmick. In vehicle mode, pushing the Autobot symbol will play a siren noise, which will last until the button is released. When the top turret is moved during transformation, he plays a lower-pitched G1 transform sound than the other Leader class figures that include it. (Premium Prime, for example) In robot mode, pushing the Autobot symbol causes his head to turn to the left, open his mouth, and say “Time for the big guns!”, “You can do it, buddy!”, or “Sorry! My bad!”, all of which are voiced by his cartoon voice actor, Bill Fagerbakke. (also voices Patrick on Spongebob Squarepants) Attaching the included Headmaster unit will change Bulkhead’s chest lights’ color to red and cause him to say the Headmaster’s infamous line, “OWNAGE! TOTAL OWNAGE!”, which is voiced by Alexander Polinsky (not his first nerdy bad guy). While the Headmaster unit is attached, pushing the Autobot symbol will turn the unit to the left and say the phrase again. The air torpedoes can be detached, but aren’t spring loaded, so there’s less chance of losing them! Moving a lever on his right arm will spin the buzzsaw, while moving a lever on his left arm makes his claw open and close. And fans can rejoice! Bulkhead can convert his back kibble into a chair!

Robot Mode:

I won’t cover transformation this time, but I’ll cover some tricky parts. In order for the arms to lock into the sides, the top turret has to be pulled up to allow the upper body to raise to meet the clips. Before bringing the back kibble up, bring the side parts back down after rotating the arms out so the tabs can lock into place. When bringing the side panels up or down with the arms back, pull back on the arms a little to make it easier. And pulling the waist off of the clip may require a bit of force. The rest is more obvious.

Bulkhead’s robot mode looks a little intimidating, despite his gentle nature. The side turrets end up on his arms and he has a buzzsaw instead of a second claw or a wrecking ball, but is otherwise very show accurate! His feet even have tracks molded in behind the toes! The back kibble cleverly hides the halves of the top turret, which hid his head in vehicle. He looks and feels very sturdy.

In terms of articulation, Bulkhead can do pretty much everything his Voyager version can do, but a little better. His head can turn to the left only, and only due to the gimmick. The upper arms and lower legs above the knee joint swivel. Everything else ratchets. The shoulders and hips move in, out, forward, and back. The elbows and knees bend forward and back. The feet only move due to transformation. Also, due to how he transforms, there is no waist articulation. The turrets on his arms can rotate a full 360, but it’s mostly to get them facing forward in either mode.

Marks out of ten for the following:
Transformation: 6 He’s not difficult, but he has a loose order of doing things. Pulling the waist off the clip is hard.
Durability: 10 Built almost like a tank!
Fun: 10 Lots to do with ‘Bulky! He can even use his back kibble as a chair!
Price: 7 The weight is certainly there! He’s not exactly a bargain, though.
Overall: 9 If you like big robots, you’d be crazy to pass this guy!
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Well numbat, Convoy is a dark blue and red, no white on the legs or yellow
on the bumper. I'm thinking he's the standard WST Convoy. As for Megatron,
he is based off of the "Farewell Megatron" a figure released close to the
premier of the Original TF Movie in Japan. I'm not sure why they chose blue
then, but my best guess is that since they were saying good bye they were
sad, or blue. http://tfarchive.com/community/images/smilies/laugh.gif
Still it is a pretty cool package and I'm glad I got it, its actually the first
thing I ever bought online. And yes there is a good bit of fun to be had with
the Megatron. As for Pics, I'm really trying to get some uploaded for this
one.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Aye, pics would be great - I can't help you with this one!

As to Convoy, the orginal WST release actually had black windows, so it really does sound as if this guy is a weird amalgamation of the toy homage and anime homage.

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

That's it proofed!

I was really confused by this figure's colourscheme as well - when a repaint was announced, I though the G1 red was a shoe-in. Ach well.

He does look hideous to me.

I really like the Ironhide mould, and think it's fitting that you can attach Mini-Cons to his arms, being the weapons master and all!

Also items on eBay.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

He has Mini-Con ports too??? Wow, never noticed that. First Bumbelbee, then Blackout, now Ironhide too?

Hope they release more minicons for the Classics Universe series.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Yup - one peg on either arm that is used to attach his cannons doubles as a Mini-Con port.

Some of the more garish Armada Mini-Cons might look quite at home with Offroad Ironhide's paintjob!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Tech Spec: - Strength: 6
- Intelligence: 6
- Speed: 8
- Endurance: 9
- Courage: 7
- Fireblast: 7
- Skill: 7

Name: Swoop [Bombardier] (World’s Smallest Transformers – Justitoys 2008)
Allegiance: Autobot
Function: Bombardier
Sub-Group: Dinobot

Quote: “Fear can hit targets unreachable to bullets.”

Enjoys watching enemies scatter before him as he dives down from the sky... considers spreading fear his greatest weapon. This Dinobot's kind, good-natured side disguised by his horrifying form... even his comrades shy away. Flies at 250mph... air-to-air missile launcher under each wing fires missiles equivalent of 5000lbs. TNT, 8 mile range. As robot, uses launchers and 4000º C thermal sword. Fragile wings vulnerable to enemy firepower.

[Bio lifted from US G1 release. Tech specs on box identical, although presented in an unusual order.]

After Takara abandoned the World’s Smallest Transformers (WST) line in 2005, it seemed that the brief golden age of miniature Transformers had come to an end. Thankfully, a new company – Justitoys – announced that they were to continue this line with WST Dinobots! What’s more, these figures were to be in anime scale with the other WST toys (more or less), and would include diecast parts.

The first release, Snarl, while riddled with loose parts, showed great promise for the fledgling company, and the subsequent releases of Slag and Grimlock were as near perfect as could be hoped. Unfortunately, a long hiatus then followed between the double release of Slag and Grimlock, and the final release of Sludge in March 2008 (delayed from a release slated for September 2007).

I say final, as, technically, these four Dinobots were the main line to be released by Justitoys. However, from the start Justitoys had made fans aware that a fifth ‘mystery figure’ would be available, through redemption of tokens on the boxes of the other four Dinobots (a nice throwback to ‘80s toy collecting). From the very first announcement, it seemed obvious that this would be the miniature version of the much revered G1 Swoop figure. What’s more, this figure was to come with the missile launcher accessories for the other four Dinobots.

The reality of this release is that tokens only reduced the cost of the figure, if redeemed through selected retailers. However, this is a good thing as it allows other collectors who may not be interested in all five Dinobots to bag a tiny version of a toy I’m sure we all wanted as kids.

Which is why I was so excited about this release!

Living in Scotland, I never really had any chance of getting G1 Swoop as a child, although I was lucky enough to have the other four Dinobots (who I loved!). The WST Dinobots line already combined my love of these figures and miniature Transformers, and WST Swoop would allow me to finally own a the G1 toy at my favourite size class!

While ostensibly ‘knock-offs’, Justitoys production quality often surpasses the Takara WST figures. As such, hopes were very high for this final WST Dinobot.

Is he the crème-de-la-crème of WST figures?

Alas, he is not all sweetness…

[Note: due to the number of modifications necessary to make this figure work, I’ll include a brief section at the end walking you through.]

Alternate Mode:

Swoop transforms in to a pteranodon, which is a pterosaur (flying reptiles which were contemporaries of the dinosaurs). Now, back when G1 was made, pterosaurs were actually not considered dinosaurs, whereas now there are various debates in scientific circles as to the relationship between the two groups. However, that discussion is well outwith the remit of this review!

WST Swoop’s alternate mode is in scale with the other WST Dinobots, and measures 3 ¼” (8cm) from beak to tail while ‘flying’, or 2 ¼” (6cm) tall when standing, with an imposing 5 ¾” (14.5cm) wingspan.

Unlike the original G1 toy, WST Swoop is anime accurate in colour scheme. He has a blue body (as opposed to red), with gold chromed feet, missiles (again, as opposed to the red of the G1 toy), and lower jaw (which was also red on the original figure). These touches really bring the mould out in my opinion, and are stunning alongside the silver chromed wings. Red picks out the rear head crest and the missile launcher flanges (which are set against grey, with black rims around the barrel), and he still has the red stripes along the grey protrusions on his back (which become the robot mode legs). The top part of the head is still clear plastic, revealing the poorest mechanics of the Dinobots beneath. Alas, he has no eyes… But his beak still opens!

Swoop includes the landing gear of the original toy – with the feet flipping back, revealing two stands, and a single wheel hidden within the chest. To extend this, you have to pull the chest halves apart as you would during the transformation. And here is the first serious problem (if you weren’t unlucky enough to have to reattach the head and insert the pin straight out of the box, as I did!) – the chest halves are so firmly screwed in place that they do not slide. Not a huge issue if this were just about the landing gear (I mean, when did Swoop ever use landing gear in the cartoon?), but a serious problem as this means, straight out of the package, you can’t transform the figure!

That aside, one of the great bonus’s of WST Swoop is that he comes with his missile launchers, as already alluded to (indeed, he comes with the missile launchers for all of the WST Dinobots). This is particularly important for Swoop, as, unlike the other Dinobots, Swoop’s launchers are used frequently in the G1 cartoon, and are part of his animation model. Alas, one of the great negatives with the figure is the fact that these launchers can’t be attached to the wings as they should be (as is instructed), due to the sockets being far too shallow! What on Earth were Justitoys thinking when it came to production values for this release?!?!

After modification with the launchers attached, though, the figure does look great – especially with the gold chromed missiles!

(Of course, the missiles do not fire – there are no springs – and you may have to file some of the missiles down to fit them in to the launchers.)

The only negative other than the number of necessary out of package modifications required are the sticker sheets – the bane of Justitoys releases. Yes, it’s great we have the option to decorate our figures as much or as little as we like, but Justitoys are categorically unable to produce sheets with clarity of detail or accurate cuts. As with the other releases, Reprolabels have stepped in and provide excellent stickers, which include tiny stickers missed by Justitoys and stickers to create an anime accurate head, to go with the rest of the body (priced at $4.50 [£2.25] before postage)!

As with the other Dinobots, I opted to apply stickers only so as to create an anime accurate version of the character. As such, I applied the Reprolabels head stickers, which cover the top half of the head in a very reflective gold (that matches the gold chrome very nicely), and give the fellow eyes and his Autobot insignia. They require precise application, but I would recommend it – it really does make the wee guy the spitting image of the cartoon character, and looks really neat on display.

Robot Mode:

As mentioned in the previous section, WST Swoop can’t transform straight out of the box! You need to loosen the body halves first so as they’ll slide apart. See the end section for brief directions for this. However, a transformer that can’t transform shows a fairly serious failing on the part of quality control, and is terribly disappointing.

However, when remedied, WST Swoop’s transformation is as the original G1 figure, and it’s surprisingly good fun! It’s rather different from the other Dinobots, by virtue of his utterly different alternate mode. I really enjoy playing with the guy!

The robot mode stands 3 1/8” (8cm) tall, and is slighter than the other Dinobots – as with the G1 cartoon. I love how the front of the Pteranodon head sits down the centre of his chest, and contrasts brilliantly with the gold Reprolabels stickers (left alone, the clear plastic looks a bit like a hole in his chest, unfortunately). Coupled with the upswept wings at his shoulders, Swoop is actually reminiscent of a giant Seeker. Of course, he does look too friendly for that… The detailing looks as fantastic in this mode as his alternate mode, and the head is particularly well done. It’s the smallest of the Dinobot heads, yet it’s received a higher level of detail that Grimlock, and the blue eyes and silver face paint applications are flawless (unlike previous Justitoys WST Dinobots). The blue of the eyes is totally solid and very bright as well – not watery / translucent against the black plastic as with some of the other figures. With the missile launchers attached, WST Swoop is the miniature spitting image of G1 anime self!

Swoop comes complete with his sword, which fits nicely into either fist, and makes him look that bit more menacing!

Swoop has slightly poorer articulation than the other Dinobots – with swivelling shoulders and bending knees and ankles (due to the transformation process). This does present limitations on display poses, but he looks great just standing there, frankly!

All-in-all, WST Swoop delivers like a Scottish summer: the temperature’s great, if you can stand the midges. Likewise, Swoop’s great, if you can stand the modifications. As such, I feel that, objectively, WST Swoop is the worst performer of the WST Dinobots, straight out the box, although, with required modifications, he is my favourite of the lot!

WST Swoop is a real fixer-upper.

Modifications Required:

The only reason this figure isn’t getting an all-singing, all-dancing write-up is the degree of modification necessary for it to even function as a transformer. Anyone should be able to sort the problems, with a steady hand, and a set of electrical screwdrivers. However, I can completely appreciate that many folks would be nervous of tackling this themselves, while others justifiably will be royally peeved that they need to do anything so severe in the first place (enlarging a fist for WST Sludge is one thing – there’s a bit more to Swoop).

To bring Swoop up to scratch you need to:

- transform his robot legs, revealing the four screws which attach his blue metal body halves. Unscrew these until they’re quite loose, and the body halves easily slide, then re-tighten until there’s just a bit of resistance, stopping them from rattling about. They should still be easily moveable, though! (If the screws come all the way out, be sure to reclaim the small red plastic washer! It’s needed for the sliding mechanism, making it smooth and stopping scratches.)
- take a very small gauge flat-head screwdriver and drill out the sockets on the wings for the missile launchers. (Match the screwdriver against the pegs on the launchers – if it’s wider, don’t use it!!!!) Keep checking the launchers in the sockets, ensuring your not inadvertently making a wide socket, and to check depth. Note: You will lose chrome through this in the sockets only.
- You will probably need to file down the excess sprue plastic on the launcher pegs and missile pegs.
- You may have to thread the pin in Swoop’s neck, as I did (although this is not a problem with all of the figures). This just takes a steady hand – although I recommend a small piece of card against your thumb if it’s not as callused as mine!

You may then choose to decorate the guy with the Replolabels stickers – if you, use small tweezers to ensure precision application of the head stickers. They aren’t quite the right size / shape for the head, so be careful!

Dinobot Missile Launchers:

Of course, WST Swoop also comes complete with the missile launchers for his four dinosaurian comrades. Grimlock can hold his launcher happily in his fists as with the original, without modification. The other three are not so lucky…

- As with so many of Snarl's parts, the launcher is loose! It can't stay secured in the shoulder mount holes at all, without modification or at least a wedge.
- Slag's shoulder mount is very tight. Careful does it! (It’s easier to fit if you remove the launcher and then reattach after fitting.)
- Sludge requires his hand pegs to be shaved out slightly to hold his launcher - although nowhere near as much as for his sword. I've found that the slightly enlarged hole can still hold his rifle, while the hole large enough for his sword can't easily hold either the rifle or the launcher.

Note: None of the missile launchers contain springs, so can't fire the missiles. You get three missiles for each Dinobot (two spares for Grimlock, Slag, Sludge and Snarl, and one spare for Swoop).

Marks out of ten for the following:

Transformation: 8 – Simple, yet very nifty, with perfect results and a pure replication of the original G1 toy at miniature scale – once you’ve repaired him, that is…
Durability: 3 – Alas, at the apex of the WST Dinobot line, Justitoys have faltered! The figure requires various repairs and modifications straight out of the box if you want to ever transform him or attach his missile launchers, and that does not fill me with confidence for the future. Sure, he seems to hold together now, but that’s only because I made him that way!
Fun: 10 (after modification) – I can’t get over the wee guy! He’s so nifty! And all done up in anime colours, he is just perfect, and fills out the Dinobot ranks. But, he’s only this great if you are happy to fix him up yourself. Straight out the box, this guy could well be the biggest disappointment of your collecting career – especially if you’re unwilling or unable to modify him. I think he’d get a straight ‘0’ out of package. He does have the bonus of coming with the complete set of Dinobot missile launchers, though!
Price: 8 - Swoop will set you back $25.95 (~£13) from TFSource, minus postage. If you redeem the tokens from the other four WST Dinobots, you save $5 (£2.50), so it’s up to you if you think that’s a saving worth the mutilation of those beautiful boxes.
Overall: 5 – WST Swoop is a superb figure, who outshines the other WST Dinobots, bar Grimlock – but only after you take your tools to him. He’s likely to be the most popular of the line, due to the original G1 figure’s rarity, but he’ll leave a lot of disappointed collectors in his wake. So, if you are happy and competent with modifying wee Transformers, then this guy can be a straight ‘10’, with the Reprolabels stickers completing an anime look if you so desire! However, without being willing or able to modify / repair the figure, you want to think very carefully before you pay out for a tiny Pteranodon. If you are to own just one WST Dinobot, I would recommend Grimlock.

Also items on eBay.
Treadshot A1

Wow! That came up short...

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Great review, just didn't expect a 5! WTF?!

This is a better swoop anyday. Who needs Justitoys? http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... hp?t=43376
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Great review, just didn't expect a 5! WTF?!

This is a better swoop anyday. Who needs Justitoys? http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... hp?t=43376
Hah - review's not done at all yet (just finishing up Pteranodon mode on my computer just now - maybe have it all finished by the end of the day...).

See - I love the guy, and would give him a '10' after I've sorted him (which I did do in about 15 minutes or so after having him out the box), but taking this objectively, from the point of view of Joe Bloggs opening this guy and playing with him straight from the box, he's crap. You don't really expect to have to modify your Transformer just so you can transform him to robot, and a lot of people are gonna be pissed off by that. So, I've struck a midway balance here.

WST Swoop is a real fixer-upper.

And, yeah, that kitbash Mini-Con Swoop is ace!

But for sticklers like me, the Mini-Con's a lot smaller and doesn't really match the other WST figure style (I'd take a photo, but my camera's outta batteries). I really like the mini-G1 thing, and the fact the Dinobots are in scale with the other WST robot modes! They're really very different toys, fun in different ways, but WST Swoop displays far better, in my opinion.

But, I really think there's a danger that more casual collectors will buy WST Swoop, for the novelty and niftiness factor (as you'd expect!), and be sorely disappointed as soon as they try and transform him (or attach the launchers, or if they have to reattach the head and thread the pin like me!).

Frankly, WST Swoop is my favourite of the WST Dinobots. I love him. But, I had to be fair here.

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I've added a review of the Pteranodon mode so far.

That should go come way to beginning to explain the issues with the figure, and why it is not a recommended purchase for a casual collector.

Also items on eBay.
Detective Barricade

Pictures!

Post by Detective Barricade »

With the written part done, now I can provide the pictures! If someone would be kind enough to proof it for me, I'd appreciate it.

1) Vehicle and Headmaster unit (with a few DS cartridges propping it up)
2) Robot
3) Chair mode!
4) PWNAGE!1! TOTAL PWNAGE1!!1 (Headmaster mode)
Attachments
AniLeaderBulkhead_addimg2.JPG
AniLeaderBulkhead_addimg.JPG
AniLeaderBulkhead_Robot.JPG
AniLeaderBulkhead_Alt.JPG
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
electro girl

Review of Movie Jungle Bonecrusher [has photos-proofed]

Post by electro girl »

Name: Jungle Bonecrusher
Faction: Decepticon
Function: Crushing bones/Cybertronian exoskeletons

Hidden in the jungle BONECRUSHER can vent his rage on the rain forest.

Ever since I saw the motorway scene in TFTM I’ve wanted a Bonecrusher and I got my Jungle Bonecrusher whilst I was part of my colleges backstage crew for the rock challenge dance contest. I popped out to the TRU handily located opposite the venue on my lunch break and grabbed this after finding no ordinary Bonecrushers.

VEHICLE MODE:

Jungle Bonecrusher is a Buffalo mine protected vehicle (M.P.V) which is apparently used for clearing mines. Now Bay, in his infinite wisdom, was under the impression that this machine used for delicate task of clearing mines had a massive claw on the front after seeing a cleverly angled picture, (in reality the claw is about 14 inches across) fortunately a giant crushing claw works rather well on a giant killer robot.

The main colour here is green, lots of green and seen as he lives in the jungle its a good idea I'd say.
As I said green is the order of the day here, even the bits that look a bit beige are in fact greenish if you look close enough. The main vehicle outer shell and part of the claw are in a lovely deep dark green with the exception of the widows which are painted on in blue. The next most dominant colour is the beige/green mentioned earlier which adorns most of the claw and the hubcaps and is a nice contrast to the dark green. Next we have a small amount of lighter pea green which only serves to highlight kibble in this mode and finally grey for the tyres.

The detailing in this mode is great but could have been way better if he was bigger (I agree with Blitzwing in that he should have been a voyager). There is everything here from the bolts on the panels to the windscreen wipers, as well as grills, tyre treads, ladders, pneumatics, a little round thing on his bonnet and a sticker of a bulldog with big teeth (woof).

In this mode the claw is slung over the roof ready to smash things off the road (or as he's in the jungle 'trees off the path) or god forbid some mine clearing. The claw is slightly wider in parts in order to make room for the gears that operate it but this doesn’t take anything away from the toy.

Overall this mode is just lovely but in a menacing Decepticon kinda way of course, just don’t turn it upside down.

ROBOT MODE:

3 new colours appear in this mode, baby blue (apparently on all of the all spark power toys) here and there, silver for knee caps, crotch, torso and face and a dab of orange for his eyes, this of course means no light piping which is a shame.

Jungle Bonecrusher is without any automorph feature but this doesn’t knock off points for the guy, I just think that maybe it would be there if he was a voyager.

This mode is very menacing with a massive claw on his back, long slashy fingers and scary, footless insectoid legs you can really tell that he's a bad guy. He looks even more imposing with his arms fully extended, his crushing claw over his shoulders and his neck jutting violently forward, the stuff of bad nightmares but good toys.

The feet (or rather the lack of them) is very intriguing indeed. He instead has four insect like prongs surrounding his wheels and is a nice way to hide them in robot mode.

Most of the vehicle parts are situated on the upper body with the exception of the four rear wheels. The vehicle parts aren’t even that visible (blue windows aside) unless you turn him around and even then it's just the bonnet and front wheels which by no means spoils it.

Overall this mode is a win even without automorph or a projectile weapon but would have greatly benefited from a voyager class release, but hey, I'm happy with a deluxe this good.

MARKS OUT OF TEN FOR THE FOLLOWING:

Transformation: 6- Easy to get the hang of but not too simple.
Durability: 9- Very sturdy indeed, Blitzwing says he can manage 5ft and I believe him.
Fun: 9- Fun indeed but small.
Price: 8- £10/$20 is normal for the UK but I still think we should be able to get them cheaper.
Overall: 9- I'd get him even if I had the original, which is more than I can say for some repaints. A definite must in any colour.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Now if Numbat will post those pics he has were laughing.:lol:
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
numbat

Post by numbat »

I really love Junglecrusher. I actually think the repaint colours work better on the mould than the originals.

Although it is a great mould, it is a shame that he didn't see a Voyager or even Leader release (surely as he has an epic battle scene with Prime, they would have sold!).

It remains that the only way to get Prime and Bonecrusher in scale with one another is to buy Legends class figures (and while LOC Bonecrusher is cool, Prime is a weird LOC Cubist experiment!).

Do you want photos for this (as I have them on my computer somewhere), or do you want to take your own fresh set?

Also items on eBay.