Transformers Animated Season 3 officially confirmed, plus rumours related Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio's involvment

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

Transformers Animated Season 3 officially confirmed, plus rumours related Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio's involvment

Post by Ackula »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... tv-165582/

Corus Entertainment's press release for the Fall season of children's programming on YTV directly makes mention of Transformers Animated, being the first official confirmation of a third season to debut this fall.

Also in related news....
http://unicron.com/news_item/1421/

Unicron.com is claiming the following....
Beast Wars fans REJOICE! Unicron.com has learned, from independent & credible sources that Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio will make their triumphant return to Transformers storytelling in Transformers Animated Season 3! We have also learned a few other juicy tidbits! SPOILER WARNING AHEAD:

* Yes, there will be an Animated, Season 3 (no surprise.)

* Episodes have finished recording!

* Transformers Animated Season 3 will begin with a multi-part episode. Don’t know when it will air.

* For those of you who don’t know, Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio were the Executive Story Editors and mastermind storywriters largely responsible for the popularity of the Beast Wars cartoon series in the mid-late 90’s and they share credit on story and script. It is the first time they have worked together since Beast Wars!

* The episode title is: (are you ready for this sweetness???)

“PREDACONS RISING”

Although this is subject to change, we have been told, “it should be a surprise treat for all Beast Wars Fans.”
Lets all hope that this is not just a rumor...
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Waspinator no like Forward and DiTillo. Waspinator blow to bits when they come. Waspinator not liking this...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
borg72

Post by borg72 »

If Prime says "Hmmnn, Yeessss?" at any point as a fanboy injoke, I *will* actually wet myself with happiness.

just an FYI.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Hmmm, might start watching this regularly, then. Hopefully they won't turn season four into this series' Beast Machines. ;)
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Any idea on the level of their involvement yet?

I mean this could basically be anything from "wrote one episode" to "overseeing the entire shebang" yeh?
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

The episodes are done? YAY. I can't wait.

Also, Prime better not say "well that's just prime". That was stupid.

Really stupid.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Sir Auros wrote:Hmmm, might start watching this regularly, then. Hopefully they won't turn season four into this series' Beast Machines. ;)
I second that whole-heartedly.

I enjoyed Beast Machines (and seem to be one of a few), but I second that motion. Animated doesn't want to go that way... no, really.

And why do we need a Predacon faction in Animated again? The new design approach isn't going to take to animal forms very well... to angular, too oddly-proportioned... the beast modes'll look like something out of a Picasso or god knows what.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

glazios wrote: the beast modes'll look like something out of a Picasso or god knows what.
Beast Machines?
Steam: Hot Shot
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Energon Hot Shot wrote:Beast Machines?
You just had to bring that thing into this, didn't you?;) Predacons could also be the G1 Predacons, or at least a few of them.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

I hope they leave Lugnut dead and keep Blackarachnia evil, it would give the show a edge.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

glazios wrote:And why do we need a Predacon faction in Animated again? The new design approach isn't going to take to animal forms very well... to angular, too oddly-proportioned... the beast modes'll look like something out of a Picasso or god knows what.
Well, considering our 'Constructicon' faction consists of a whopping two Decepticons, and a rather pathetic pair at that... I wouldn't say that a 'Predacon' faction really is automatically going to amount to a whole lot.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

TFVanguard wrote:Well, considering our 'Constructicon' faction consists of a whopping two Decepticons, and a rather pathetic pair at that... I wouldn't say that a 'Predacon' faction really is automatically going to amount to a whole lot.

They said that more constructicons will be coming in the next seasons or so of TFA, so I hope that remains true. When did lugnut die ? And at comic con, did they say TFA wouldnt be back til like next spring ?
Detective Barricade

BlacknRedTed wrote:They said that more constructicons will be coming in the next seasons or so of TFA, so I hope that remains true. When did lugnut die ? And at comic con, did they say TFA wouldnt be back til like next spring ?
In the season finale, "A Bridge Too Close", he got blasted hard by Omega. But he and Blitzwing have faced a similar blast before and survived.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Lugnut isn't dead... >_>
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Yeah, Lugnut is definately not dead. I watched the whole sequence in slow motion. He does appear to get vaporized when Omega first blasts him, but right after they show his body intact (except for his two giant fists being detatched) being knocked back into the distance. The big guy has come back from much more than that.

As for Forward and Dittillio coming on, that's great news. Guest writers are always welcome, especially fan favourites. Also, check the "Season 3 Speculation" thread in the Animated Forum, I predicted a Predacon faction starting with BA and Wasp. Yay!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I don't know why people say it's going to be the G1 Preds. They said it'd be great for "Beast Wars Fans".

EDIT: Also, Auros' Avatar > Borg's Avatar
Detective Barricade

Blitzwing wrote:Yeah, Lugnut is definately not dead. I watched the whole sequence in slow motion. He does appear to get vaporized when Omega first blasts him, but right after they show his body intact (except for his two giant fists being detatched) being knocked back into the distance. The big guy has come back from much more than that.

As for Forward and Dittillio coming on, that's great news. Guest writers are always welcome, especially fan favourites. Also, check the "Season 3 Speculation" thread in the Animated Forum, I predicted a Predacon faction starting with BA and Wasp. Yay!
Lugnut shall return to serve the great and GLORIOUS leader Megatron! Er, once somebody figures out how to bring him back from wherever in space he is, that is...;) If the Predacons are Beast Wars based, I want to see Inferno. And Rampage. And Wasp must be one of them. Black Arachnia is optional, as she hates her organic half.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cool. Hope to see more Constructicons. they have trademarked Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Long Haul at least, no?

If the Predacon faction exists, I wanna see... Divebomb, Shrapnel, Kickback, Bombshell, Inferno and Terrorsaur. Wasp must be one. WASPINATOR!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ah, how interesting, very interesting. Let there be tongue-in-cheek moments and I'm gonna be there (okay, it was possibly watching four hours of TF: Animated on YouTube that killed my graphics card... so, I'm starting to get into the story idea, if not the actual animation style, which now reminds me of The Tick).

We have BA, so why not some of the others? Waspinator, please, at the very least!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Wasp IS Waspinator they made it obvious in "Autoboot Camp" with his voice.

I would like to see some other Beast wars characters reincarnated into Animated...should be intresting if nothing else.

And Lugnut isn't dead...

"Anyone wanna lend me a hand, a foot...how bout a pelvis?" - Blitzwing
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.