TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

ganon578 wrote:Ah, that listing. How did I miss that? I guess I was just mulling over the photos from Comic-Con, which didn't mention a Dinobot. It better be something awesome (Stegosaurus!!!) but this time with the right name. ;)
Steam: Hot Shot
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Dinobot would be all right. Thing is that as time goes by he's less memorable. When I think about him his best moments were when he was bickering with Rattrap. They should put them in a two-pack.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Between Heavy Load, Onslaught, Blades, Dropshot, Silverbolt, and Ani Blitzwing, I'm gonna need to get a job. RIGHT NOW.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

I'll be thrilled if they manage to make a show accurate Dinobot toy. He was a fantastic character, and the toy wasn't bad, just not great.

What I would really like to see, though, would be new Rhinox and Airrazor molds. Neither of those figures were particularly well done or show accurate. New molds of Blackarachina and Terrrorsaur would be welcome as well.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Ah, that Dinobot. I guess I'm just partial to the Generation 1 stuff (that's why I prefer the straight up Classics); I missed out on Beast Wars. So I probably won't be excited about that Dinobot. I know a lot of people express their want for the Universe/Classics Cheetor, but I just never could get into those ones.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Has anyone found and/or gotten Galvatron yet? I'm just wondering if he's worth the money.:eyebrow:
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I'm going to get him regardless, but I've heard negative things about him. I rather not link it (Out of pure spite and hatred) but Sean Long has a review on him. His right arm posability and size (Same size as Animated BB) are the main issues people have.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Got to admit, from what I've seen of the figure, I'm giving TFU Galvatron a pass (the Energon version is much, much better and more appropriate). Now, when/if he gets the Straxus treatment, I might give it a go then.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

RID Scourge wrote:Aye. We need a new Stego bot. Striker was pretty lame.
That's a bannable offense, you know. He has a freakin' headdress, what's not to like?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

TFVanguard wrote:Got to admit, from what I've seen of the figure, I'm giving TFU Galvatron a pass (the Energon version is much, much better and more appropriate). Now, when/if he gets the Straxus treatment, I might give it a go then.
Energon Galvy? what, the repaint of that BFG-ship? Maybe Armada would be beeter?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Starfield
Protoform

Galvatron

Post by Starfield »

I'm looking forward to getting Galvatron but haven't found him yet. I think he looks great from pictures. He's also a tad unsymmetrical, which I think is interesting every now and then.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Does anyone else find it weird that he's deluxe size when Classics Megs is Voyager? I just think on my shelf it would look kind of weird.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

I think people are making too much of a fuss regarding size. I mean, so what? We have deluxe, voyager, and legend figures of the same character. Not that Galvatron doesn't deserve his own deluxe toy.

The articulation, though, that's something worth worrying about.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Well, it turns out I have enough money to get a Ultra and a Voyager. Hmm...Heavy Load, or Blades...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Vincent wrote:I think people are making too much of a fuss regarding size. I mean, so what? We have deluxe, voyager, and legend figures of the same character. Not that Galvatron doesn't deserve his own deluxe toy.

The articulation, though, that's something worth worrying about.
Galvatron only has a deluxe. His package doesn't state that it's a future Megatron. Hell, he could have the IDW origin. The main gripe is that he's so f***ing small compared to Rodimus, Prime and Megatron and he's the same size as Bumblebee (With Jetpack).
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

I agree with the idea of putting him into a pack with that los.. I mean that semi delightful rodent. The package should show them fighting each other. Maximal and pred forever. Can you tell the different? It would be nice if they had comic about them.It could be fore the beast wars when Dinobot went by the name Dyammo and was a backhoe.
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Energon Galvy? what, the repaint of that BFG-ship? Maybe Armada would be beeter?
If I'm looking for a 'classics' Galvie, he's got to feel like Galvie to me. The purple 'spaceship from hell' pulled it off (at least in robot mode) very well. Armada Galvatron doesn't look like the Galvatron to me.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Sir Auros wrote:That's a bannable offense, you know. He has a freakin' headdress, what's not to like?
lol I didn't particularly like the transformation or the robot mode, myself. The headdress kinda fits for a Stegobot though.

The more I think about it I'd like to see a Stegobot that looks like Snarl in Animated style. He'd look pretty awesome next to Animated Big Grim (he's becoming my favorite incarnation of Grim. I think the rather barrel-chested preoportions really fits his personality). An animated "Snarl" (yeah. He'll need a new name unless they come up with a story about Snarl having to change forms or something) would be fantastic.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

TFVanguard wrote:If I'm looking for a 'classics' Galvie, he's got to feel like Galvie to me. The purple 'spaceship from hell' pulled it off (at least in robot mode) very well. Armada Galvatron doesn't look like the Galvatron to me.
Some people already modded it. I was just thinking since this was a tank, that Armada might be fitting. Too bad armada has too much white on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

just got galvatron, It's a seriously over-complicated transformation. not a bad figure, for sure.

also just got Onslaught and Powerglide...haven't opened them yet.
Come on and wind me up.