Universe Blaster and Heavy Load

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Mospeada

Universe Blaster and Heavy Load

Post by Mospeada »

These are out in the US now, I found them at a Wilmington, Delaware Target. I only bought Blaster, here's an awful phone pic.

First I've spotted them.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

How's the paint apps on Blaster? I was never able to find the first release of this mold, so I'm considering getting him.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

Haven't transformed him yet, but from the box, I don't see much variation to him really, he doesn't have a lot of added anything besides the autobot logos.

I've noticed from the pic that this Blaster looks a little like Laster from Victory, actually, in the face. (I mean, even though it's really Soundwave...)
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Damn it, spent so much time bashing LOC Soundwave into Blaster & Soundblaster.

I'm more concerned with how Blockrock looks, though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I haven't seen anything like that anywhere around here. I've only seen deluxes and Legends TF's. Debating on getting Blaster, I have Soundwave of the same mold, and I like him a lot.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Neither have I, for that matter, I haven't seen anything of Universe.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

Nevermore wrote:They've been out for a few weeks. :)

http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... hp?t=44351
I missed that one. Sorries. I was shocked, this was the first I'd seen them, even Ebay was bare of Blasters in the U.S.
eleven59
Protoform

bah

Post by eleven59 »

this past tues i walked into a target and saw 1 onslaught and 1 powerglide. both boxes kinda had stress marks on them as though a heavier package had been on them during shipping, but unless the employees or brats got to them first before me, then they only had the 1 of each. which wouldnt suprise me at all about hasbro. i went back next morning and of course already gone.. ive been hitting all 3 of my targets and wal-marts since and nothing. no signs of any of the other wave 2s either.

heck one wal-mart had just put out, are you ready??, 3 diff CYBERTRON figures, 1 of each, that werent there the day before!!

how is it we get exact release dates for dvds, music, heck even the iphone, but hasbro sets a release date of "sometime" around august, we all have to guess, and lo and behold they trickle in from village to village weeks before the supposed release date? its a miracle this company has managed to stay in buisness this long.

i feel like george constanza when he worked for krueger: "Krueger Industrial Smoothing: 'We don't care, and it shows" and " "no management whatsoever."

hasbro you're killing us!!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Gonna go get Heavy Load.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Got Heavy Load, yesterday, and can't find Blaster or any ultras. I have called every singal store in my town and in Tracy CA. No one has any out, but have the dame price tages on the shelfs. They also will not tell me when a new shippment will come in.
eleven59
Protoform

price sticker

Post by eleven59 »

i saw that too. both walmart and target already have the stickers on the shelfs but nothing in stock. so they are coming- just don't know when. i even checked with the target price searcher bc you can check stock too and no stock shown at any of the 3 targets near me..

seems they made a lot of shelf room for SW. heck the whole front of my local TRU is dedicated to SW all bc of a new crappy SW movie... months from now those SW figures will still be there just like batman and indiana jones is, but guess which line will be gone?? TF's!! well unless your name is payload, black arachnia, animated ratchet or you are a non transforming TF... LOL
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

The clone Wars toys migth be staying up longer than you think, they might be a part of the new tv show coming out soon.

Can any one find any Universe toys on Targets online store? Half the time i look there and can't find anything.

Think they will come out Tomorrow. I heard that some street dates are tomorrw so should show up real soon.
eleven59
Protoform

Post by eleven59 »

i thought i saw all the wave 2 up online at target-onslaught, powerglide, and the others (i checked just few hours ago actually).. even animated magnus who i also want to get.. dont know that they are all out to order online however, but i did do a store check and only one store showed stock... 15miles away!

just checked again- yep all showing online!!
dropshot, blaster, blades, onslaught, powerglide and animated magnus!!
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

I finally found somewhere that sells them in the UK, but alas, out of stock!
http://www.mailorderexpress.com/cgi/pfi ... l/next%3D0
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

eleven59 wrote:i saw that too. both walmart and target already have the stickers on the shelfs but nothing in stock. so they are coming- just don't know when. i even checked with the target price searcher bc you can check stock too and no stock shown at any of the 3 targets near me..

seems they made a lot of shelf room for SW. heck the whole front of my local TRU is dedicated to SW all bc of a new crappy SW movie... months from now those SW figures will still be there just like batman and indiana jones is, but guess which line will be gone?? TF's!! well unless your name is payload, black arachnia, animated ratchet or you are a non transforming TF... LOL
Last time I went into Wal-Mart, the only Animated Deluxe figures they had was Lockdown and the only Universe figures was Sunstreaker. They only had a few pegs dedicated to the Movie line, but it was all Allspark Power. Don't be so quick to label Black Arachnia and Ratchet as shelf warmers... Lockdown is doing their work currently!;)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Is Ultra bigger than Voyager and smaller than Leader?

The art on the box for Blaster looks amazing. Does he have a different head?
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Vincent wrote:Is Ultra bigger than Voyager and smaller than Leader?

The art on the box for Blaster looks amazing. Does he have a different head?
The Ultra class figures, such as Cybertron Wingsaber/Movie Wing Blade, are about 9" tall in robot mode, compared to 8" for Voyagers and 10" for Leaders. (on average. Some are big for their size/price class, some are small) Their price is about $25 USD.

As for Universe Blaster, it's a straight repaint of Cybertron Soundwave. There are no changes to the mold whatsoever.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Detective Barricade wrote:Some are big for their size/price class, some are small
Just to elaborate, the reason for this is because price classes are determined by factors such as "plastic weight", not "height" (lay a toy down, does it become cheaper then?).
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

So, if Blasters a repaint of Soundwave, what was Heavy Load originally?