Universe Unicron (new clearer image)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Universe Unicron (new clearer image)

Post by Nevermore »

A.k.a. Armada Unicron in new packaging.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... box/13452/

If anyone can find the original thread at AcToys...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

This is great for new collectors who haven't bought him yet. I might buy one to keep MISB when he goes on clearance if there isn't anything I'm looking for at the time.

Maybe we'll get a Primus re-release(repaint?) in the future?
Steam: Hot Shot
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Poor Unicron. Reduced to a mere Decepticon...;) I'm surprised that they're not going to repaint him again for the Universe line like they did for Energon. It certainly beats having to get him off of a certain auction site!:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I'm happy about this. I stopped collecting the Armada line after the first wave, but had always regretted not picking up the big guy. Now I have a second chance.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Never really had the chance either, due to monetary limitations at the time. Plus I was just starting High School and had no job.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

I already have Unicron, actually to my best recollection it's the only thing I bought from Armada (I kind of fell out of my interest in Transformers at that time, but remembering Unicron from the movie, I just had to have it). Sadly I have no idea where the wings, planet halves, and Mini-Con are.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Detective Barricade wrote:I'm surprised that they're not going to repaint him again for the Universe line like they did for Energon.
This release is probably leftover stock from Armada.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Just how good a figure is it.
And how does it match up size wise with MP Prime or G1 Omega Supreme?
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

I haven't transformed mine even once but just the robot mode is incredibly fun.

MP Prime's head just barely reaches Unicron's chest. I'd take a photo of the figures next to each other but they're both embarrassingly dusty at the moment. Hopefully this will do (Unicron photo from tfu.info)...

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk20 ... ompare.jpg

Mind you, I'm a cheapskate with really bad timing, so I used the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime for the comparison. Not that it matters, but it's just gotta be said. Don't want anyone thinking I'd let the Masterpiece one get dusty, nor that I would put out that kind of money in the first place, ha.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Alas, Unicron's in the attic just now (I do have a display cabinet now, but he ain't in it and we haven't sorted the cupboards out in our new house yet, so a lot of stuff found its way into the attic for temporary hiding, including all my non-displayed TFs...).

However, here's a photo comparing him with Primus, G1 Galvatron (Anime repaint) and Cybertron Vector Prime (well, Galaxy Force release). He's quite big.

His planet mode is quite deformed, but that does allow it to rest easily on a shelf at least, and I think it's really quite nifty. Concessions were made so as to allow for such a great robot mode, I think - at the slight expense of planet mode. (Primus went the opposite way - he has a perfect planet mode, at the expense of his robot form.)

Planet mode, compared with Primus below:

He's certainly one of my fave TFs. He captures the G1 design very well for a toy, and he is huge (with great articulation). It's good to see him released again.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Just wondered as I always see him go for silly money on Ebay and thought he must be huge.
I'll pick him up if I see him for a decent price(assuming he gets a release over here) and he would go on my "BIG" shelf with the likes of MP Prime,OS,Scorponok,Trypticon and Metroplex so he would be towering over them which I like the sound of.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Gridlock1987
Protoform

Post by Gridlock1987 »

Didn't see someone post it here...

From TFW 2005:

"this is a store exclusive, it is a Toys R Us exclusive. Also, this is the one that has been shown as a mock up, we don't know if the deco will be changed by the time it starts shipping but this is one is not the finished product. ...we were hoping the final product would be '86 movie acurate in deco but Hasbro has yet to enlighten us."

This is interesting, i realy can't wait, and see if he realy get more G1 acurate colors.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Awesome, now I can get one. Finally, Primus will have an opponent...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Gridlock1987 wrote:we were hoping the final product would be '86 movie acurate in deco but Hasbro has yet to enlighten us."

This is interesting, i realy can't wait, and see if he realy get more G1 acurate colors.
Yeah, if they got rid of some of that purple and put in more silver he'd look great.
decepticon_warrior_mike90
Protoform

My reaction in seeing a new Unicron toy that was added in Hasbro's new Transformers toy line.

Post by decepticon_warrior_mike90 »

Awesome the destroyer of the Planet Cybertron in his very own action figure. I just hope Snarler the Decepticon Assault Warrior and the mysterious Decepticon Hypnotist Mindwipe will be added in the near future in this Hasbro Transformers toy line.:lol:
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

decepticon_warrior_mike90 wrote:Awesome the destroyer of the Planet Cybertron in his very own action figure.
You are aware that this is just an old toy in new packaging, are you?

I did point this out in my initial post, after all...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Source: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ge-165314/

Here is a much clearer picture of this figure in box, found at a certain well known auction site...
Attachments
0407_1.JPG
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Simply awesome news! I always wanted one of these but could never find one. Plus it helps for all us KItbashers out there who want this guys mid section to make our own combiners with.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Sonray wrote:Simply awesome news! I always wanted one of these but could never find one. Plus it helps for all us KItbashers out there who want this guys mid section to make our own combiners with.
Wish i had the cash; to spend so much $, then just use 1% of it. ;)

I already have the armada version, so i'll pass this up. Don't see the difference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

If I ever find him I'll pick him up, but I was never a big fan of Unicron and I've disliked every Transformer series since G1...especially Energon/Cybertron.

But this guy looks close enough to G1 that I'll make an exception. lol...
Too bad he dosen't come with a mini Galvatron Figure for him to kick around.

Catalyst...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.