Now we know where Animated Voyager Prime is...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

Now we know where Animated Voyager Prime is...

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Clay

Post by Clay »

What's his ebay login?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Bwahahaha, that's ****ing hilarious!

Seriously, though, people need to develop some ****ing patience when it comes to toys.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I'll gladly relieve this guy of one of his Voyager Primes, Animated Blitzwing, Animated Grimlock, and maybe a Nemesis Prime!:D Seriously, I smell a scalper. That, or a really devoted fan of these figures...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

If idiots didn't pay X times RRP for these figures ahead of release so they could cock-wave on their websites, this sort of thing wouldn't happen.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I know that guy! He was a member at TFW before he got banned for being a prick. Can't believe he has that many figures of the same fricking characters. Major scalping going on indeed.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

He says it's not his photo. Photo was taken by a factory thief in China.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Anyone else notice the Crystal Convoys in the back?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

That cna go one of two ways: Crazy Kitbasher, or Scalper, just as crazy. :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

The thing that gets me is why the hell is it so easy to steal from factories in China? I worked in a CD factory for 7 years and security was so tight it was damn near impossible to steal anything. Toys are much larger, seems that it would be harder to sneak out, unless they just have like zero security. I mean, thats a ****ing lot of stolen figures, and they guy has made a ton of money off of idiots who cannot wait a few months to buy something retail.
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

Holy crap thats crazy

I want a nemesis prime or 8 i dont think that should be too much to ask based on the amt that person has
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Security guys are probably on similarly shit money, and thus unlikely to be particularly enthusiastic/judgemental... Plus, because Hasbro pay them ****-all, it puts less of a dent in profits if a few dozen figures go missing. Mind, I had a friend who worked in a cigarette factory, and basically from what she told me it's amazing how many ****-ups there are - the odd full case ready to go put on the wrong pile and chucked in the rubbish because no-one gives a toss and suchlike... often the cost of that sort of error is so low that companies just tend to shrug their shoulders as it costs less than retrain and/or paying people enough that they give a shit.

Any confirmation they're actually 100% correct? I wonder if it's a duff batch (for some minor reason like a missed paint app).
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Another posbibility is that a truck transporting them from the factory could have either flipped or got run off the road. A lot of times when that happens, the products it is shipping are written off and the transportation company has to pay the bill, even if only some of the freight is damaged. This leaves the trucking company with a truck load of stuff they don't need.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:often the cost of that sort of error is so low that companies just tend to shrug their shoulders as it costs less than retrain and/or paying people enough that they give a shit.
Yeah, a guy I work with used to work at a perfume factory many years ago (Chanel maybe?). He said that if a batch of perfume bottles ended up with the labels applied crooked, they'd just pitch the stuff since it was cheaper to discard than to pay the man-hours to fix the labels. I assume that now they send the culls to thrift stores like Big Lots or somesuch. I dunno.

I agree with Cliffy, though: given the bulk quantity of each figure (more than a person could carry off by hand in one trip), I'd assume these are culls of some sort.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I guess the explanation makes sense. In the CD factory if the print was bad on a disc, or there was a scratch, ect..they got chucked into a bin where they were taken to a grinder and then just ground up into plastic shavings. The shavings were then reused to press more CDs.

Which leads me to my next ponder, why wouldn't they do the same with plastic toys? Surely the toys are still manufactured by compression mold. Given they would have to remove metal parts from the figure prior to grinding them up, so it might be too much effort. Still looks like there would be some way of reclaiming the faulty products to save cost.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'd say removal of metal parts (we're talking about unscrewing half a dozen screws, I guess, a few hundred times) would be a bit of a waste of time relative to the resources - again, in a Chinese toy factory overheads will be very low. Plus regardless of official policy, some places have this as perks - it's like where I work, every now and then we have something too damaged to sell. Officially we're meant to chuck it, but it goes out the backdoor with no harm done to anyone.

Plus some factories just seem to enforce things more than others - same way some jobs put an absolute stranglehold on internet us at work, and some take a laidback stance.

Of all the workers in the toy factory, there are probably very few interested in Transformers, or who can be bothered to sell them on... any suggestion that this sort of thing is done regularly by most employees is bullshit. This will be the guy's all-time one-of-a-kind score, I suspect, and if you work in most jobs long enough something awesome will fall into your lap...