[CUSTOM] Alternators Bumblebee

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sonray

Alternators Bumblebee

Post by Sonray »

Here is something im really proud of, Alt Bumblebee.

Yes i know i know, basically everyone has made one so i tried to do something new and original just to make it stand out from the rest a bit.

So i heavily modified the front end to look less like a Subaru and thus making it look like a bit more than a straight repaint, added Lamboghini style doors (thanks to everyone at http://www.sector70.com ((especially Wheeljack)) for helping me figure out how to do this), as well as new rims and some extra details to the interior.

I gave him a kick ass Daytona yellow paint job with racing stripes as a tribute to movie BB, and then i painted the headlights black to make the front end look like the face of an actual bumble bee. (see if you can notice the "ghost insignias" inside the headlights). And the mean looking muscle-bound cartoon bumble bees on the sides are hand painted on with enamels and a VERY steady hand for an extra touch of coolness. All topped off with a cheeky smirk on the head mod that i made.

Overall im very pleased with this and he looks excellent next to my other alts.
Clay

Post by Clay »

That's pretty spiffy :)
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I love how the back windows look like bee stripes. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, but still, I'm a sucker for Bumblebee. Great Job.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I hate you, and Clay. BB should not be a Subaru!!! *starts ranting*

That aside, it's great. I really want to get that door mod done onto mine. Where's the tutorial again?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Treadshot A1 wrote:I hate you, and Clay. BB should not be a Subaru!!! *starts ranting*

That aside, it's great. I really want to get that door mod done onto mine. Where's the tutorial again?
Theres not really a tutorial just a very basic diagram of the way you have to do it.

This is what i had to work on:

And come on only 3 responses!?? WTF guys? Let me hear what you think!
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

I am really impressed by it. I actually like bumblebee and though I am annoyed to no end with VW and their standpoint of not allowing the bug to be used for toys like transformers any more. I would much rather see him as a bug as thats the only way he should be, I will accept that this is avery sharp unit. I also truly enjopy the hand painted bumblebees on the side very nice touch.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Soundwave wrote:I am really impressed by it. I actually like bumblebee and though I am annoyed to no end with VW and their standpoint of not allowing the bug to be used for toys like transformers any more. I would much rather see him as a bug as thats the only way he should be, I will accept that this is avery sharp unit. I also truly enjopy the hand painted bumblebees on the side very nice touch.
Thanks im glad you like the bee's on the sides, i was really proud of them.

Im working on a classics deluxed sized VW BB kitbash based on Wheeljack's awesome version. Image and after that i hope to make an MP-sized version.
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

can't wait to see what you come up with.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Soundwave wrote:can't wait to see what you come up with.
I just hope it isnt a total disaster, as im a complete ametuer when ti comes to this heavy building and modding stuff.
Death Wing
Protoform

Post by Death Wing »

I like the paint on this too. What really impresses me is the Bee painted on the rear side panel. very nice.
Death comes on swift wings of angels.
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Both versions of 'Bee are awesome. Just wish I could see more views of the Alternators one; most of the pictures are "Unavailable", according to Flickr.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ooh, that's very good! I particularly like the VW kitbash. I'm a sucker for VW Bumblebees.