Animated Figures Released in Walmarts & TRU in the US

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

And YES the Voyager Prime is MIA. Hasbro's website says it's supposed to be out in August, so it prolly got pushed back a few waves so people will buy Cybertronian Mode Prime.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I was very disappointed with my local walmart.I call them up,they say their overloaded with animated figures.I'm there in two minutes and I only see two or three Ratchets and blackarachnias.:nonono:
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Highbrow

Post by Highbrow »

Checked out one of the two Rogers AR Wal-Mart's today, left with Prowl, Lockdown, and Bumblebee.

Undecided on Bumblebee, mildly impressed with Lockdown, and VERY impressed with Prowl. I didn't think I'd like this one after seeing the images on the intarweb, but seeing it "person" changed my opinion completely.

Almost picked up a Bulkhead, kicked around the idea of Grimlock.

Really wanted to take home that Lugnut I found at the back of the shelf, until I saw it was still pastel-colored...I thought they were fixing that? If the non-Easter version makes its way over here, I'll pick it up without a doubt....but not this version.
SCREAM MY NAME IN BINARY!!!!!!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Apparently Voyager Prime has been released in Canadian TRU's.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=8141

I wouldn't be surprised to see him showing up in the States a lot sooner than August.
Octopus Slime
Protoform

Post by Octopus Slime »

Got Starscream, excellent toy.

Got bulkhead, pretty awesome I must say.

Got Lockdown, which I like his design, but his leg keeps falling off. The hip ball/socket is doesn't snap tight. Also he has no knee joints.

I was about to get bumble-bee, but the quality of the toy looked just bad. Don't think I'm gonna get.

I was about to buy a grimlock, but I saw this kid in the aisle holding a large batman toy, so I kicked the box out of his hands using a karate kick, then his dad started chasing me, and I dropped the grimlock, and I was too afraid to go back and get it. Oh well.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Lockdown does have knees, you have to pull his legs out. Grab him by the "toes" and pull. he gets Knees and even taller than he is now.
Come on and wind me up.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I picked up Prowl and Blackarachnia today. Both have EXCELLENT robot modes, and Prowl has a great vehicle mode. He's easily the best motorcycle ever.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

I finally saw animted figures at a wal-mart by me. They only had 2 figures thow, bumblebee and blackarachnia, and I didnt get either thow, cuz already it looked like either the package was damaged real bad, or someone try to steal them all ready, so oh well the hunt is on and it is time to get collecting them.
Octopus Slime
Protoform

Post by Octopus Slime »

another tf fan wrote:Lockdown does have knees, you have to pull his legs out. Grab him by the "toes" and pull. he gets Knees and even taller than he is now.
I'll have to check into these 'knees' you speak of.

Has anyone else noticed how sloppy bumblebee looks?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Hit Wal-Mart, picked up Autobot Swiss Army Knife Ratchet and much more fragile than he looks but was hidden with Cybertronian mode Prime behind a bunch of movie figures Lockdown.

How fragile is he? Just call him "Lefty" now...... Although I mainly got him for his vehicle mode. His robot mode hasn't impressed me much. It seems too.... I dunno.... Odd. Although his gun will fit in the socket on Ratchet's arm. It won't lock in, but it will fit.

I'm liking Ratchet, though. Definately gonna have to get another one to kitbash into Ironhide.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

yeah- i sold my friend my ratchet- i got a little over eager in my purchasing- and with the money i bought that crappy BB (just because he looks like my car, or he will with a butload of silver paint) ... and this line was looking so amazing till then...

but i got voyager bulkhead- starscream, the battle begins pack (which i am about o return, i need the money for a concert that got moved up- besides i plan on getting the voyagers of megs and prime anyhow, and megs leader)and i need to get another lockdown- he's a solid figure until you damn near knock your shelves over and he gets to be at the bottom of almost 150 transformers and he loses a hand (i glued it back on- but i would like him unmarred)... don't drink and collect folks...:drink:

still waiting on grimmers, oilslick, soundwave, lugnut, and blitzwing...and leader megs and any other decepticons that get made...

*as a side note- whats the the deal with no fists- my bots can't rumble with karate all the time! i would love to see a return to the fists from the unicron trilogy, and everyone should have a gun!
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Finally found something other than the two-pack here in Ohio. Found Deluxe Bumblebee, Prime, Lockdown, Prowl, Ratchet, and Blackarachnia and Voyager Megatron, Bulkhead, and Starscream at TRU. Wonder where Lugnut and Grimlock are...

I was only able to pick up Lockdown. The review claiming that there are no ankle joints is misleading, and I'm happy about that, as little as they may actually help with posing...that is to say, I haven't found out yet, because I've been frustrated by the ridiculously loose connection of the right hip. I tried the old nail polish trick but I probably didn't do it right, that or this is just far too severe a case for nail polish to work, and it might be; the right leg hardly even likes to stay attached to the body. If I can get the hip to do anything except fall right off at the slightest movement, I'll be pretty happy with the figure.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

None at Walmart, but I found them at the TRU in Brockton, MA. Grabbed the Prime vs Megs pack.
Octopus Slime
Protoform

Post by Octopus Slime »

I retract my earlier statements on the bumblebee toy. While it does have some sloppy paint application here and there, it's still a pretty cool toy overall. I was impressed with the bot mode. Auto mode is ok.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I spotted Voyager class Animated figures at TRU in Visalia, CA tonight as well. They had Megatron, Bulkhead, Lugnut, Starscream, and the Deluxe 2-pack as well. I think its safe to say these are out widespread now, although I have yet to see any at either of the Targets in my area.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Just got Ratchet and Grimlock at Target 10 minutes ago.VERY Excellent.:up:
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Gareth_Infinity wrote:Finally found something other than the two-pack here in Ohio. Found Deluxe Bumblebee, Prime, Lockdown, Prowl, Ratchet, and Blackarachnia and Voyager Megatron, Bulkhead, and Starscream at TRU. Wonder where Lugnut and Grimlock are...

I was only able to pick up Lockdown. The review claiming that there are no ankle joints is misleading, and I'm happy about that, as little as they may actually help with posing...that is to say, I haven't found out yet, because I've been frustrated by the ridiculously loose connection of the right hip. I tried the old nail polish trick but I probably didn't do it right, that or this is just far too severe a case for nail polish to work, and it might be; the right leg hardly even likes to stay attached to the body. If I can get the hip to do anything except fall right off at the slightest movement, I'll be pretty happy with the figure.
Try crazy glue. It seems to work, just don't glue the joint with it still attached.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

For those in the Massachusetts area, I spotted the Animated Series Toys in the Bellingham Walmart. From the looks of it, half the selection was already gone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Procrasticon
Protoform

Post by Procrasticon »

Serveral of the Wal Marts in Wichita Kansas are now carrying the Animated toys. I managed to grab Optimus/Megatron battle pack, Prowl, Ratchet, Bulkhead, Black Arachnia, Lockdown, and StarScream.

I am still on the hunt for Grimlock and Bumblebee.
Hey! Where's my "Easy Button?!"
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Be sure to check the clearance aisle! Either they're really not selling (<- Joke) or a manager has no idea what stock they're supposed to have. Anyway, I picked up 4 voyagers for $10 each! Huzzah! (And a seasonal shirt for $3. Minor huzzah.)