Animated Figures Released in Walmarts & TRU in the US

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Heading out to Wal-Mart tomorrow (hopefully) to go try and hunt down a Prowl or a Lockdown.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
poyguimogul

Post by poyguimogul »

A wally in Savage MN had a bunch of Black Arachnia, some battle two packs, lugnut, starscream,bulkhead, ratchet. No bumblebee tho. Scored BA, Battle 2-pak, Ratchet. Ratchets legs fall off (;_;) annoying. Battle 2-pak is nice. Optimus Prime is of course flawless, his robo-punch swivel hip,is not messed up like the classics prime (g1-style) - its a good'en. BA-spider mode is awesome, robot mode has some standing issues, but is awesome otherwise.
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

Oh, thats what kibble is.

The only figure that wasn't available at Wal-Mart near me was Lockdown. I now have all autobots though so I'm happy. Can't wait for Ultra Magnus, Sentinel Prime and Jazz.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I too picked up Black Arachnia today, but haven't had any standing issues. Don't try to straighten her legs out. She'll need to have them bent to keep them under her center of gravity. Awesome figure all around!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I already have a schedule for my Animated purchases.

1st-Prowl or Lockdown (Whichever one I find first)
2nd-Cyb Mode Prime
3rd-Blackarachnia
4th-Ratchet
5th-Sentinel Prime
6th-Jazz
7th-Oil Slick

I don't want Bumblebee, and this is just my shopping list for Deluxes.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

I finally found Animated figures at a local Wal-Mart here in Ohio, but only the two-pack. Both the figures are great, but personally I'd prefer a typical waist joint instead of the swinging punch gimmick. Just, not a ball joint like on '08 Bumblebee, because the looseness would be annoying as hell.

From these two figures alone, I'm already falling in love with the line, and I can't wait to see some more of it on the shelves. Here's my list so far (modified from my last post about it back when we were looking at new stock photos):

Deluxes: Lockdown, Prowl, Jazz, Oil Slick
Voyagers: Megatron, Grimlock, maybe Lugnut and Blitzwing, Starscream if I get really desperate
Leaders: Megatron and Ultra Magnus
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

here in michigan they just hit last night... after work i needed some things at wally world so i took a trip up there and lo and behold! i see a nice man stocking the shelves with blackarachnia, prowl, lock down, cybertron prime, and ratchet... got all but ratchet (maybe later)...

i really want bumblebee (well, 2- one for the collection and one for a custom to match my real car) and voyager bulkhead and deluxe oilslick is the tits! i also want the deluxe two pack and, well- all the decepticons; in keeping with my movie line collection... but really looking forward to oilslick and soundwave- lugnut looks good, but questionable (kibble and all) and i haven't seen enough pics of blitzwing to decide...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Gareth Infinity

The Deluxe Earth mode Prime from the two-pack is sweet, but I don't really like the look of the Deluxe Cybertron mode one. The Voyager Prime is one I may decide to get just because I feel obligated; because it's Prime. I am absolutely certain I will NEVER buy the Supreme one.

I like the look of Bumblebee's robot mode, but his car mode, not so much. And I feel the exact opposite for Soundwave.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

cybertron is fairly impressive- if you ignore the kibble shield... his axe weapon is a little questionable- with its many joints that like to lean this way and that... but he is a very good prime imo...

now i just need another shelf to display the animated figs on...

oh and second on the supreme stfu prime- it's quite unnecesarry...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Gareth Infinity

Hmm...well I was just looking at some more pics of the Cybertron mode, first time in a while, and now it actually does look pretty good. Especially now that I know the quality of the Earth mode version. Before, in truth, it was mostly the look of the face that put me off. And the vehicle mode looks a lot more nifty than the first time I saw it. That figure's not a priority, but, I guess I'd probably pick it up given the chance.

I'm also running out of space...I shouldn't even be buying ANY kind of figures at the moment. I need to sell stuff off or just...clean up around here.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

his shield detaches as well- adding to his worth (to me at least)... but if you get him- i suggest you don't look him dead in the face- he has a strangely pedophile like smile if you do- even though from the sides he looks a bit gruff...

hey gareth: any more detailed pics of BB?
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Gareth Infinity

The shield being detachable is certainly a good feature. And, thanks for the heads up about the pedophile smile, ha.

Pics of Bumblebee? Oh, you mean, did I look for any like I did for Cybertron Prime, to see if I might change my mind? Ha, I did, and I'm still not liking the vehicle mode too much. I like the shape, it's a pretty cool form for an automobile. But the different shades of yellow combined with the seam lines for the transformation are just annoying me. Those, and the off-center black stripe running down the body of the car. I'm probably just being picky.
KValentine
Protoform

Post by KValentine »

After a couple weeks of scouting San Jose Wal-marts, I was able to snag Ratchet, Blackarachnia, Lockdown, Prowl, Bulkhead, Grimlock, Lugnut, Megatron, and the two-pack. Now all I can find as of today are Blackarachnia, Ratchet, and the two-packs. Luckily, I still have the Hasbro pre-order to fill in the rest of the cast I'm missing.

I like what I have, though not so much the Megatrons and their "What is it?" alt modes. And I'm a Megatron collector. I suppose the Leader version will make up for those two. I'm also hoping that Hasbro makes a Leader Lugnut or larger. Seeing him so small compared to Prowl and Lockdown is pretty demoralizing.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Alright, got Prowl and Lockdown! Next comes Cyb Mode Prime or Blackarachnia.
KValentine
Protoform

Looks like TRU is starting to release them.

Post by KValentine »

Jumping on the news about TF Movie Inferno and Mudflap being released at Toys R Us, I visited one near my work. I didn't see either, but I did see Animated Prowl, Lockdown, Cyb Optimus, Grimlock, Lugnut, the two-pack, and Bumblebee.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

just got ratchet...
I WANT THE DAMN VOYAGERS AND THE TWO PACK ALREADY! GAHHH!

erm- anyone see anything outside of wave 1?
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Gareth Infinity

How's Ratchet? The figure looks alright, and I'm guessing that if I watched the show or anything I'd be more inclined to buy it, for the character.

I want Voyager Megs so damn bad! But until then, I'm content with the two-pack.

EDIT: Barrage decided to move our lengthy discussions into a private message. My apologies if it got annoying to see so much back-and-forth.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

:down:
*BARRAGE* wrote:here in michigan they just hit last night... after work i needed some things at wally world so i took a trip up there and lo and behold! i see a nice man stocking the shelves with blackarachnia, prowl, lock down, cybertron prime, and ratchet... got all but ratchet (maybe later)...

i really want bumblebee (well, 2- one for the collection and one for a custom to match my real car) and voyager bulkhead and deluxe oilslick is the tits! i also want the deluxe two pack and, well- all the decepticons; in keeping with my movie line collection... but really looking forward to oilslick and soundwave- lugnut looks good, but questionable (kibble and all) and i haven't seen enough pics of blitzwing to decide...

Yo barrage I stay in michigan to, I live in flint, what part do you stay in ? and also I am glad you have animated figures out by you, cuz around here they still havent showed up yet. I have my pick between 4 different wal-marts and 2 TRUs and still havent seen a sign of them yet. I might have to make a road trip if you area isnt to far.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

WHAT!!!! Ratchet is available???!!! And BA, Grimlock and Lugnut???

I need a holiday to the states real bad...i'm on holiday now, in Hong Kong, england and Paris, and still only see wave one, and the 2 pack...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Just for sake of clarification, because I still see some people asking whats out right now, I can vouch that the following Animated figures are released and available at Wal*Mart.

Deluxe Class
Cybertron Optimus Prime
Bumblebee
Ratchet
Prowl
Lockdown
Blackarachnia
Optimus vs Megatron 2-pack

Voyager Class
Bulkhead
Cybertron Megatron
Grimlock
Lugnut
Starscream

I have all of these except Bulkhead, I'm waiting for the leader class for him. So just to clear it up with one post, these are the figures that are out at retail right now ;)