Animated Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Blitzwing

Animated Toys (Opinions)

Post by Blitzwing »

So I didn't really see any threads talking about what people's opinions of the new Animated toys are, so I figured I'd make one.

I'll give a brief rundown of my opinions of the toys I have so far:

Bumblebee: I like his car mode a lot. It rolls nicely and looks very sharp. His robot mode is nice, but his stingers are a little lacking. When they are put together, there are very few options on how to pose him.

Prowl: His robot mode is so poseable, it's great. He can do everything from stand on one leg in a kicking motion, to sitting in a "meditation pose". The traffic light accessory is pretty useless, but his ninja stars are very nice. The only down side to the stars are that they don't always fit into his hands. The bike mode is good, but not great.

Lockdown: The guy is huge! He must be the tallest deluxe toy ever. I like his EMP weapon, and his hook is pretty cool too. I don't like how his hands don't extend all the way out though. His car mode is totally badass, love the spikes sticking out everywhere.

Starscream: His robot mode is very nice, and I love the smirk he has on his face. His arm cannons are cool, but sometimes they get in the way when you're trying to put him incertain poses. The jet mode isn't as good as I thought it could be. The wings seem backwards. Also his arms and hands are just sitting exposed underneath him.

Voyager Bulkhead: It's a great figure, but I wish he wasn't so short. He looks like a midget next to Starscream. I got him instead of the Leader class toy because I liked the wrecking ball weapon. His vehicle is very clean and looks good next to the other Autobots.

The only other Animated toys I've seen out here so far are Deluxe Prime and Voyager Megatron, which I didn't buy because I'm waiting for Voyager Prime and Leader Megatron.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

i was gonna get prowl from play.com as he looks so cool but i heard he will be released with the side car so im gonna wait. what i really want is jazz znd soundwave and grimlock
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

electro girl wrote:i was gonna get prowl from play.com as he looks so cool but i heard he will be released with the side car so im gonna wait.
Yeah, that would be better than the lousy traffic light. There haven't even been any pictures of the new version though, so it may be a long time before he is released.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Blitzwing wrote:Yeah, that would be better than the lousy traffic light. There haven't even been any pictures of the new version though, so it may be a long time before he is released.
i think its only in there cos he can use anything as a weapon
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

electro girl wrote:i think its only in there cos he can use anything as a weapon
Yeah, but a traffic light? Anyway, my opinion on Lockdown is that he's an excellent figure! I think his hands can be fixed easily (I've yet to do it, though), but why did Hasbro decide to only let Lockdown's hands come out part-way, and not all the way out? He's definitely impressed me so far. Will have to get Bumblebee from Wave 1, along with loads of Animated figures that will be coming out in the very near future!:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

A traffic light seem more like something Bulkhead will use instead of Prowl.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

As soon as they come out here I'll post up a storm about them. As it is, I'm planning on buying all the Decepticons, the Dinobots, and Prowl. I may be swayed for some other Autobots once I actually see them in person, but at this point it will be hell trying to budget for the ones I already want.

As far as Animated toys in general, I couldn't be more excited and/or happy. The designs are to me, the best we have seen in many years. I of course have had this opinion since the first images of the show though, and I don't think thats been any secret.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

electro girl wrote:i was gonna get prowl from play.com as he looks so cool but i heard he will be released with the side car so im gonna wait. what i really want is jazz znd soundwave and grimlock
Jazz Soundwave n Grimlock are...gonna break my bank. :lol:
Blitzwing wrote:Yeah, that would be better than the lousy traffic light. There haven't even been any pictures of the new version though, so it may be a long time before he is released.
Oh **** Me already get all wave one and leader BH & Megs. Me wish me wait for sidecar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

So Before I comment on how much I THINK I will like the toys let me rant about how much I dislike the fact that the USA has not gotten them yet.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant::wall::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

As far as I can tell they look great, and from video reviews on TFWire (Great site, Great Podcast, check it out!) The toys transform great.

I pretty much plan on getting the whole line, the only ones I don't really want are leader Bulkhead (Voyager looks more show accurate) and Oil Slick.
...Maybe Roll out Prime...

I love the show and I'm rather certain I will love the toys.

...also, If you don't think the writing and story arc of Animated is the best ever done for a Transformer cartoon you may want to seek some help.
Come on and wind me up.
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Voyager Bulkhead is maybe show accurate but he look so small when you put it next to Prowl, Bumblebee, Ratchet and Optimus Prime.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

SimonMK wrote:Voyager Bulkhead is maybe show accurate but he look so small when you put it next to Prowl, Bumblebee, Ratchet and Optimus Prime.
I think "short" is what you mean. Voyager Bulkhead is still a large figure when it comes to overall size because he is so wide. Prowl and Bumblebee look tiny next to him as far as overall size goes.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Are the guns on Leader Bulkhead's arms part of an upgrade from a future episode or just gratuitous weopons to justify the higher price point?
Come on and wind me up.
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

another tf fan wrote:Are the guns on Leader Bulkhead's arms part of an upgrade from a future episode or just gratuitous weopons to justify the higher price point?
So far, he still has the chain ball weapon. Like the voyager.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

[quote="Blitzwing"] The wings seem backwards. Also his arms and hands are just sitting exposed underneath him.

If you didn't know, Starscream is one of those jets with swept-forward wings.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

I think I'm going to love this toyline, much more so than the movie toys, which were good put not to me liking. Two things I have found odd so far though:

1. The show has no one that would be Scout sized, so to fill that size gap, they made the Activators.

2. The size comparison of most figures seem great in the deluxe range, but the voyagers are bit wonky. Blitzwing being taller than Bulkhead and Lugnut?

That aside, I think those of us fans who enjoy this series will not be disappointed by these toys.
~
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I know what I would want: Bumblebee, Prowl, Blitzwing, Swoop, Grimlock, Bulkhead, Lugnut, Blackarachnia, Megatron. For starters:p
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

When are they going to be released in the US? I heard they're supposed to be available in June, so I saved a few bucks and am hitting the Wal mart every other day to see if there's any there.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

burnitall wrote:When are they going to be released in the US? I heard they're supposed to be available in June, so I saved a few bucks and am hitting the Wal mart every other day to see if there's any there.

Well as you can see in the image above they are out in the US at Wal*Mart. At least in some states so far they are. I have found them in two different Wal*Mart stores thus far. I have the ones pictured above, as well as Grimlock and Starscream, which I have not opened yet as my wife won't give them to me till Father's Day!

I'm very impressed with these figures, in all honesty they are my favorite TF's at this point. There is hardly a design flaw I can find on any one of them. The only gripe I have is about the scale, I wish they were more in scale with each other, but as you can see from the picture above Lugnut is the only one that is a real problem. Bulkhead is as well, but I have opted not to purchase him until the Leader class comes out, as to have him more in scale with the others.

My favorite thing is how they have so many accessories and features. I love the fact that you can take the EMP gun off of Lockdown and snap into Ratchet's "scar" just like on the TV show! Ratchet also has all kinds of neat tools and such. Prowl is also really outstanding in this regard, his ninja stars are 100% show accurate and fit into place on the wheels flawlessly.

I can't wait to find more of these guys, I know Voyager Megatron is out as well because I saw him the first day (last Sunday) but he was gone the next day when I went back. It seems that the hard ones to find are gonna be Starscream, Megs, Bumblebee, and Prowl. Happy hunting to everyone ;)
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

They'll probably be in stock here pretty soon, then. Thanks, Kali.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I picked up Voyager Megatron today as well as got the Battle Begins 2 pack for my son. The Voyager Megs is quite classy as well, his arm cannon is a but odd shaped but overall its a great figure. The deluxe Megs on the other hand from the 2 pack is really very basic and simple with a stripped down transformation, really would recommend the voyager. The Prime is class though, the only gripe is the battle scarring, kinda looks bad to me, but still a great figure!