Transformers Animated Season 1 DVD Box Set Confirmed for August 19, 2008 Release

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

Transformers Animated Season 1 DVD Box Set Confirmed for August 19, 2008 Release

Post by Ackula »

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transf ... son-1/9712

Transformers: Animated - Season 1 will be released as a 2-disc DVD box set on August 19th, 2008 in the United States. This box set will not contain the "Transform and Roll Out" premiere movie, which will be released separately on June 17th. The box set will contain Episode 4 (Home is Where the Spark Is) through Episode 16 (Megatron Rising, Part 2). The run time will be 286 minutes, with full screen video and English-Dolby Digital audio.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Glad we now have confirmation that this will be coming out. I'll definately be getting it.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Release details for the complete Cybertron series, too.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transf ... ction/9724

Have Armada and Energon had complete R1 releases yet? o_0
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

How much are these, the first movie and the subsequent box set? OK just found the "Transform and Roll Out" movie for $14.99 on Amazon. Seems kinda expensive for a triple episode. Any word on the price of the box set?

And any word on the UK release? Date, price etc?
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

i definately need to know a uk release date
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

This is cool, but I'd like it stated for the record that I think its a little stupid to release the first three episode as some kind of movie, and then release eps 4 through 16 as a box set. dont get me wrong I'm happy there doing it at all, but does anyone else see at least a minor flaw in this planning?
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

BackTrax wrote:This is cool, but I'd like it stated for the record that I think its a little stupid to release the first three episode as some kind of movie, and then release eps 4 through 16 as a box set. dont get me wrong I'm happy there doing it at all, but does anyone else see at least a minor flaw in this planning?
The minor flaw in the planning is that they make more money this way. If they release the first three episodes as a movie they can charge more per episode than if it was part of a box set. But if they include the first three as the box set then everyone would wait for the set. This way they do both and gouge their customers even more. It's very clever and just a little evil.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Halfshell wrote:Release details for the complete Cybertron series, too.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transf ... ction/9724

Have Armada and Energon had complete R1 releases yet? o_0
Armada got released over two sets, it's possible Energon fell through the same crack in reality the R2 beast Wars boxsets went...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

Energon never got box sets here in the states, just 4 or 5 single disc releases, like Armada did before the box sets. Cybertron got one whole DVD almost 3 years ago, so thankfully its finally getting the complete series box set in July.

I'm quite glad that they aren't waiting forever to release the new TF Animated though, and atleast we get an almost season one box set...if I had to suffer through 5 more single disc, out of continuity releases again I was going to scream.