Want More Masterpiece Transformers

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
burnitall
Protoform

Want More Masterpiece Transformers

Post by burnitall »

I got masterpeice Megatron and Starscream and I must say I'm very pleased with them. I plan to get Optimus Prime next. I know they cost too much and may be a pain in the ass to transform, but they look great on display. The only problem is, is that there's only 4. (Why would Skywarp need the coronation kit, anyway? Nevermind, that's not the point.)

I would like to get more of my childhood friends in the masterpeice line, a masterpeice Soundwave would be great, with a little masterpiece Laserbeak and Ravage as accessories. And I bet they could make us a nice version of Ironhide that would look more cartoon friendly. That's what we know him to look like. No more stickerheads.(then they could double the mold for Ratchet, like they did with Skywarp/Starscream.) I would like to see MP's of alot of the more important/iconic characters.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That SoC > MP
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

moronic question: SoC?

Oh, and i think they cost too much. At any rate, how can they make masterpiece Ironhide. Everyone knows that Towline kitbashed would be better. I would prefer them to downsize newer Masterpiece figures so they're in scale with the ones already out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Treadshot A1 wrote:moronic question
:up:
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I know MP Grimlock is in the works but I suspect we won't be seeing him for another year or so.

What do I think? I think we need some MP triple changers.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Cliffjumper wrote:That SoC > MP
What's SoC?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Dang. I was thinking "Sisters of Cybertron" and had this whole thing worked out with an Andrew Eldritch headmaster.
But the other one seems fine too.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Cliffjumper wrote:Soul of Chogokin.
two people ask the same question, yet only one gets a proper answer ;)
Skidmark wrote:I know MP Grimlock is in the works but I suspect we won't be seeing him for another year or so.

What do I think? I think we need some MP triple changers.
Kind hard to do that since each mode would have to be detailed like h***. I'd like to see some, but i have my doubts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Treadshot A1 wrote:two people ask the same question, yet only one gets a proper answer
One of them hasn't persistently demonstrated rudeness. I'm only as helpful as I want to be.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Hey Cliffy, I got sumpthin you can help with over here....

;)
Come on and wind me up.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Guess someone IS making a G1 Ironhide that looks like the cartoon's. How nice.

http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/article/95187054.html#more
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

I would loveto see a Soundwave as a Masterpiece and any others so concur with this thread. I have the MP Megatron and he is very cool ...even though i can not for the life of me fully transform him to gun mode but thats ok.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Speaking of Soc, I've always wanted to grab one, but never could decide which one. Any suggestions?
~
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

(shrug) I'd still like to see a Rodimus Prime, as the G1 figure reeks of "really could've done better", but a more animation-friendly Ironhide/Ratchet would be cool too. Soundwave... eh, I dunno, that might be nice, but I was perfectly satisfied with the G1 version.

I did, however, pick up the Revoltech Hot Rod/Rodimus, and while it doesn't transform I do like it (after all, it wasn't the G1 vehicle mode that disappointed me).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

burnitall wrote:Guess someone IS making a G1 Ironhide that looks like the cartoon's. How nice.

http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/article/95187054.html#more
Not too bad as a prototype for working out the transformation scheme... they've done other highly pro stuff; it'll be interesting to see what a finished Ironhide works out like...
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Ostentatious wrote:Speaking of Soc, I've always wanted to grab one, but never could decide which one. Any suggestions?
I've always wanted to get the Eva Units or the Mazinger ones personally.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, recommendations would depend highly on whether you like retro, boxy stuff or sleeker Anime/Gundam-style thingies. For the first one, Voltes V, Combattra and the new God Mars are all gorgeous.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

If we insist on more Masterpiece releases, I'd like to see a high-quality version of the following:

Ironhide/Ratchet (they've never seen a toy that even vaguely resembles comic/cartoon portrayals)
Blackout (he's fit for such treatment, and it'd be a badass toy)
Cyclonus (an amazing character who deserves such treatment)
Rodimus Prime (his original toy is mediocre, and he's so important in the TF mythos)
Clay

Post by Clay »

It's not technically part of the Masterpiece line, but I think the Music Label Soundwave could be ranked with them. Granted, it's not huge and doesn't come with eighteen different minions / accessories, but I think the fact that it's a working mp3 player trumps those superficial differences (even if it is a mediocre player by comparison to others of similar price).