KINGTOYS Transformers- knockoffs, yes?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sades

KINGTOYS Transformers- knockoffs, yes?

Post by Sades »

And they're damn good ones, too. I just bought a Thundercracker and he is very, very pretty. Small, too... well, mid-sized. Not as small as a WSTF, but not as big as the original G1 figures either. The boxes are all done up nicely with what looks like comic art... hard for me to describe the toy etc properly in any detail at this point in time because it's way past my bedtime and I'm trying to get around to it. I've attached an image I nicked from some dude's eBay auction to the bottom of my post, so people know what I'm talking about.

I'm pretty sure these things are breaking or are skirting on the edge of breaking several copyright laws if they don't have permission to use half the crap they have inside or outside the box. But they is, as I said, very pretty.

Anyone else happen across anything from kingtoys?
Attachments
quickebayimage.jpg
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I saw these a while back on...you know what auction site i'm referring to.

Look at Sunstorm. It says Sunstrom. KO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Pretty cool set. Half-scale seekers are pretty cool. How are they in comparison with the G1 season 1/2 autobot cars like Prowl, Jazz etc?

My one question would be why they made Sunstorm instead of Skywarp? Kinda odd, but whatevs.

If they had made these before we knew about the classics line I probably would have scooped 'em up, but they're still pretty cool.
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

Actually they have all the jets and variants of some. Dirge,Thundercracker,Skywarp,Thrust,Ramjet,Starscream. There are glowy versions of a lot of them, where some of their parts are translucent. As well as black versions of starscream and maybe others I don't quite recall. I now have Thrust,Sunstorm and Skywarp they are very nice toys.

The odd thing on the box is that it has the transformers and I am certain its already been thought of by sadie, is that there are things like art from the comics and the transformers website and stat line on the back.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sweet. Not seen 'em before, and yeah, they're breaking everything... I'd be lying if I said I cared about that, though...

*looks at KO Ratbat*

:)

Is that the box art for Pretender Starscream?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

'Tis indeed , just with the shell sliced off the top... It's all box art, nothing from the comics.

Seen 'em on ebay too... I guess the makers are clever enough not to leave enough of a trail to get caught or something. I guess if you're going to bootleg Transformers, you might as well bootleg the packaging as well - HasTak clearly have no ability or will to clamp down on KOs (we know they know they're out there, I remember the KO quality coming up in some Q&A with Archer about broken moulds for an exact citation)... You might as well go the whole hog, you'd get just as sued for using the TF graphics as for calling them Convertabots :)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

No doubt this will lead Hasbro to declare that no one should ever buy anything of any sort from China ever.
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

Just to let you know,though you can not see it from that picture they are using imagery from DW comics its on the back of the box.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Skywarp got ditched.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sades

Post by Sades »

Cliffjumper wrote:It's all box art, nothing from the comics.
There is some comic art on there. Looks like early DW stuff, or I might be mistaking it for something else. I don't have the box with me- I'll see if I can get some pictures of it when I get home.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Soundwave wrote:Just to let you know,though you can not see it from that picture they are using imagery from DW comics its on the back of the box.
Didn't the Toy R Us reissues start doing that as well, once they imtitated the book box style (or started using it--I don't know who came first)?
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"