3H update from Hasbro 10/05

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

3H update from Hasbro 10/05

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/ener ... efault.cfm
Hasbro has filed suit in New York State Court, Monroe County, against 3H Productions in an effort to ensure that collectors of Transformers toys and other merchandise who have paid 3H for certain Transformers branded merchandise receive their products or are refunded their monies.

We are pleased to tell you that we have retrieved the Sentinel Maximus figures from 3H. Because 3H did not have the packaging printed, we are in the process of doing so. Upon completion of the packaging, we will ship the Sentinel Maximus figures to all fans who ordered and paid for them per 3H's records. We expect the printing to be completed in approximately four to six weeks, and the figures will ship thereafter.

We appreciate your continued patience and will keep you posted on additional details as we continue to work towards resolving these issues.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Well, at least we know that Hasbro is commited to getting the figures out to the fans that paid for them.

Halit's in big trouble looks like... :eyebrow:
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Yeah, I wonder if this is one of those suits that had to be done but is just to go by the book or a result of nasty relations.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

i donno,i feel kinda bad for him.he said that otfcc has taken alot of money resources from him.and now he needs to battle the hasbro battery of lawers.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

To me it sounds more like them doing it just to ensure the right thing is done by the fans... I'd be willing to bet that once things are sent out/refunded that they'll probably drop the suit.. at least in my "think the best of everyone" world that'd happen :)
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

wel we were promised Setinal; Maxumus 2 weeks after the con, and the Fan club Magazines a a few months behind.. and i am acutally kinda feeling ripped off... i paid $40 to join a fan club, promised 4 mags a year and a Skywarp PVC.. and i have only seen 1 mag...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Not like Hasbro's ever been late before . . . sounds like they're just kicking 3H while they're down.
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Not like Hasbro's ever been late before . . . sounds like they're just kicking 3H while they're down.

i do agree Hasbro is probally takeing some Cheap shots while they can.. of course when hasnt hasbro been late with transformers.. hell all thier other toys make it on time..

and i understand that 3h cant distribute anything becuase they lost thier licenseing and all that jazz... i just feel that hasbro could be a little bit more on the ball about it.. of course we dont know what kinda fight Glen is puttin up..
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

It just sounds like hypocricy that they'd take 3H to court because they were behind schedule, while there are places that haven't gotten anything beyond Alt Sideswipe and Energon Arcee yet . . .
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

It just sounds like hypocricy that they'd take 3H to court because they were behind schedule, while there are places that haven't gotten anything beyond Alt Sideswipe and Energon Arcee yet . . .

Yeah, but most of that problem has to do with the retailers not ordering or stocking enough. At least the fans haven`t paid for those figures that haven`t appeared in stores yet. It`s not as bad as paying $40 for just one magazine.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Hound

Post by Hound »

You can't really blame Hasbro for that. When retailers have shelves packed with Armada Smokescreen, Unicron, and Energon Scorponok they're not likely to be ordering a bunch more toys that they can't help but assume won't sell.

My thought is Hasbro should have some kind of buyback system, where they'll take back the shelf warmers and replace them with the more current wave of toys. It'd keep the retailers and us fans happier and probably sell a lot more toys...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Hound
You can't really blame Hasbro for that. When retailers have shelves packed with Armada Smokescreen, Unicron, and Energon Scorponok they're not likely to be ordering a bunch more toys that they can't help but assume won't sell.
Ah, but whose fault is it for coming out with a weak first wave with all those Ironhides and Infernos?
My thought is Hasbro should have some kind of buyback system, where they'll take back the shelf warmers and replace them with the more current wave of toys. It'd keep the retailers and us fans happier and probably sell a lot more toys...

Either they do or someone bought about 15 Ironhides from my Walmart last week.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Darth Shrapnel
Yeah, but most of that problem has to do with the retailers not ordering or stocking enough. At least the fans haven`t paid for those figures that haven`t appeared in stores yet. It`s not as bad as paying $40 for just one magazine.

Or so they claim. I'm convinced that's more or less Hasbro needing a scapegoat as well.
Originally posted by Hound

Well, like Luke said, that's their fault for having a weak wave 1. Also, they obviously package too many of a given figure. Part of me also wonders if Hasbro has a quota established for waves so that you have to buy a certain amount before you get the next wave.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wait - whereabouts were Hasbro meant to realise everyone would hate Inferno and Ironhide? Surely if they knew that, they wouldn't have bothered?

I love the way that some people's hatred of Hasbro extents to translating "recovering fans' money" to "kicking poor widdle cash-grabbing Glen Hallit when he's down, the poor duck who never ever did any wrong, diddums". Let me guess, if they now release Fort Max, it's not because they want to, it'll be because they want to kick everyone selling imported ones at an inflated price in the teeth, the poor defenceless scalpers? And if they were to somehow sneak unchaged missile launchers onto a G1 reissue, the big bad company who've never given us anything will be hurting poor lickle childwen?
Hound

Post by Hound »

I love it when Cliffy's around! :)

I actually don't see how you can say the first wave of Energon is weaker than most of the preceding waves. So far I'm not blown away by any of Energon yet. Though I've yet to see any of the newer toys in the stores yet...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

The first waves are still on the shelves while subsequent waves sold out pretty quickly in places I've seen some evidence of them (the odd Snowcat or Demolishor).

As for what Tom said, the main problem with the first wave wasn't so much the two figures destined to warm shelves for months to come but the lack of variety that caused so many of said figures to take up space. There were two Ultra figures available at launch - Ironhide and Jetfire and there seemed to be more Ironhides than Jetfires in the initial cases. There were only three Deluxe figures in the first wave - Hot Shot, Inferno, and Starscream. The Basic figures, with more figures available in the first wave, had fewer problems being restocked despite having some unappealing molds.

I don't doubt that Hasbro was unaware that certain figures from Wave 1 would sell so poorly, but a wider variety of figures would have prevented situations we've been running across since Wave 2 came out. Wave 2 hurt a lot because along with the Rodimus and Prowls were more Hot Shots and Ironhides. I don't know about the Ultras because I never saw them in my state because Ironhides from the first wave last December have been sitting in that pricepoint up until very recently. Even in my area we still have nothing but Ironhide (with the odd Jetfire) in the Ultra sections.

I personally think Hasbro pushed Ironhide so heavily at the Ultra pricepoint in hopes that the tie-in cartoon would sell the character. I also think it's likely that the line was rushed in order to get it out just prior to Christmas in order to try and get in some holiday money on the franchise since Armada had just finished a month or two prior.

I know it can't necessarily be blamed on Hasbro, but I do think there were some decisions made early in the line that hurt it during the spring and summer months. However, none of that will likely matter if they can get more figures on the shelves in time for the holidays since that's when they plan on making most of their sales anyway.

Anyone think we should snip the toy discussion and move it to Toys?
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
There were two Ultra figures available at launch - Ironhide and Jetfire

Ironhide and Jetfire are in the Mega class. Figures like Scorponok and Tidal Wave are Ultras.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Really? I thought it was the other way around? Been basing that off of Nevermore's post about Universe Ultras being discontinued at Walmart, and since there hasn't been a Universe figure in Scorponok's pricepoint, I thought Ultras were $20ish and Megas were $25ish. Anyway, the point is Nevermore's to blame.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Nah, Megas are between the Deluxe and Ultra points. For some reason, Megas in Energon are $20 and Ultra are $25, while Ultras in Universe (stuff like Optimus Primal, Razorclaw, King Atlas, Tankor/Obsidian) are only $20. I can't think of any Universe Megas offhand; don't think there are any.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
Nah, Megas are between the Deluxe and Ultra points. For some reason, Megas in Energon are $20 and Ultra are $25, while Ultras in Universe (stuff like Optimus Primal, Razorclaw, King Atlas, Tankor/Obsidian) are only $20. I can't think of any Universe Megas offhand; don't think there are any.
There aren’t any Universe Megas that I'm aware of...not so far, anyway. Originally the line was only Ultra and Deluxes, though I imagine the Micromaster combiner parts are selling at a Basic price point.

The reason for the price difference between Universe and Energon Ultra is probably that the toys in the Armada series were all a bit oversized. Mega sized figures (or whatever silly thing they called them in Armada) like Overload and the Seekers stood at the same height as old, BW-era Ultra molds like the one used for Universe Razorclaw, while the Armada Ultras like Megatron and Jetfire absolutely dwarfed him. So at the time it would have made more sense to give the Universe Ultras a price point closer to the Armada Megas. And since Energon figures seem to sell at the same price points as their Armada predecessors, that disparity would still be there.