[New RPG] Decisions, decisions......

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Heinrad

Decisions, decisions......

Post by Heinrad »

So I recently got the Generations Nightbeat figure.

And I have to say, I'm really liking the design. So much so that I'm thinking about switching to this look/design when we get to Earth.

Only thing I can think to do at this point is to put it to a vote. Which Nightbeat do you think I should use? Original Porsche or Dodge Charger Concept?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

your character, your choice. They all look good on him :)
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Always been partial to E.J Su's redesign. Especially the way Nick Roche drew it in the Hardhead Spotlight.

It's pretty much a modern day spin on the classic character model.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

It's up to you, of course. But no matter what he's supposed to look like, I think most of us are going to automatically visualize what he looks like in the fiction rather than the guy with door wings and headlight shoulders.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

zigzagger wrote:Always been partial to E.J Su's redesign. Especially the way Nick Roche drew it in the Hardhead Spotlight.

It's pretty much a modern day spin on the classic character model.
The IDW Furman era Nightbeat is the first Nightbeat I saw and the one I fell in love with, so it's the default Nightbeat in my head. :)

It's your character though...
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

This all reminds me, I've been forgetting to ask you Black, what version of Ratchet are you running?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I'm thinking the change from the Classic look to the New look because I'm not sure if he'll wind up going the Headmaster route or not. Also, the look determines what he can do and how he's armored. The big yellow plate on his chest is supposed to serve as a distraction, give the enemy a target to shoot at.

And yes, I ripped the idea off from The Dark Knight Returns.

But if he's not trying to protect the squishy humanoid that's serving as his head, does he need the plate to serve as a target? Does a city smart P.I. need the off road capabilities that are built in to the Porsche 959? How much does a 50 year old Porsche supercar stand out(assuming the Autobots hit Earth in the 2030s)? Although given how little Porsche's general design has changed over the last several decades, that's not as much a worry, I suppose.

E.J. Su's take does look very nice.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Well, I've made my decision.

And oddly enough, nothing said here made any difference in my decision.

When I started in the original RPG, as much as Nightbeat's persona was based on how I viewed Furman's Nightbeat and Pierce Brosnan's Remington Steele, as well as Richard Dean Anderson's Jack O'Neill, with a mix of Nash Bridges and Jim Rockford.

But, new RPG, some new filters.

Yes, Furman and Brosnan are still there, but I recently realized what the new filter is.

Spenser. As played by Robert Urich.

So the robot mode and vehicle mode will be the Generations version, with one modification. The chest plate is yellow with black stripes. As you can guess, I modded my Nightbeat.

Roadbuster was so much easier.........

Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

awesome