[New RPG] Thinking about adding a character...

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Aero Blade

Thinking about adding a character...

Post by Aero Blade »

Well I haven't been participating in the Decepticon thread as you guys may have noticed (working on Dirge's re-entry, but the timing's gotta be right, so still probably won't see him for a bit), but I'm thinking about adding a new Decepticon character to my ranks that could probably jump in pretty immediately. I want the opinions of the guys playing right now though, as I'll need your help getting him integrated :)

I'll wind up dropping Tracer in favor of my new guy, as I haven't wound up using him at all (and only claimed him because of my use of him in the old game, but I haven't had any ideas for him). What I'm looking at doing is replacing him with a variation of Knockout very similar to his Prime appearance (I understand there was also a G1 version who was also a medic).

My major interest right now is in knowing what the state of the Decepticon's medical department currently is. Do the cons even have an official doctor right now in play?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Aero Blade wrote:My major interest right now is in knowing what the state of the Decepticon's medical department currently is. Do the cons even have an official doctor right now in play?
Nope. A Decepticon doctor would be very, very welcome at the moment.

And Knock Out is awesome, by the way.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Knock Out will be awesome! :D
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Alright then, claim thread updated :)

As far as getting him involved in the game, I was looking at his description on the box and that peaked my interest. The gist of it is he runs one of those backroom clinics that can really mess you up, but you can get some sweet upgrades for cheep. Of course in the toon we don't see any of that going on, but it makes me wonder how they got from back alley chop shop to Decepticon med ward.

Seeing as how our Decepticons don't have much in the way of medical care, and combat'll be heating up even more soon, maybe we can have Knock Out drafted for the Decepticon cause? :D
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

After some thinking, I might have a way to get both my boys into the action at the same time. I was planning on Dirge looking to join the con military after the big Temple gets flattened, but considering what all's been happening, I could go ahead and have that bumped forward.

If we were to have a goon squad wandering around looking for potential recruits to grab, they could be out looking for Knockout when Dirge comes forward and joins voluntarily. With me having Dirge as a bodyguard previously, Knockout could've been a former employer, and Dirge could help them find him as part of showing his worth to the Decepticons.

Would just need someone to volunteer their cons for the goon squad, or drag out a couple of NPCs for it.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

well we appear to have lost Shine, but the details of him helping out Knockout's intro were still being worked on if he went for it. I want to get Knockout going as soon as possible though, so is anyone willing to put their cons up or npc a couple for this?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Pretty much every Decepticon player character other than the Stunticons are moving as a part of the invasion plans. I could NPC someone for a few posts to help you get going, though, if you'd like. :)
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

That'd be greatly appreciated :)

Since everyone's on the move for a major assault, could be all the more reason for them to grab a doctor, and any other able-body draftee they can get a hold of. They can nab Knockout and head right on to the others.

Though we do need to figure out who they should be bringing the new recruits too once they get there.