[Original RPG] <<Cut from Roll Call>>

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
-Blackout-
Protoform

Post by -Blackout- »

Dropping Blast Off, seeing as he's about to be cannibalized for spare parts, and claiming Quake, Battletrap and Darkwing.
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

ill take blast off, i love doing fight scenes lol, is that ok?
-Blackout-
Protoform

Post by -Blackout- »

grimkuz wrote:ill take blast off, i love doing fight scenes lol, is that ok?
Remember that he's in the brig, Glit wants his transformation cog, and pretty much everyone thinks he's insane right now.
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

-Blackout- wrote:Remember that he's in the brig, Glit wants his transformation cog, and pretty much everyone thinks he's insane right now.
ok cool, where is he? protihex, polyhex? stanix?
-Blackout-
Protoform

Post by -Blackout- »

grimkuz wrote:ok cool, where is he? protihex, polyhex? stanix?
Polyhex.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

-Blackout- wrote:Remember that he's in the brig, and pretty much everyone thinks he's insane right now.
I wonder why? Personally I don't think you should just drop a character that you have put in this situation simply because you feel that you have power played him into a dead end. I don't have any final say in the matter, but personally I think you should have some accountability for putting the character in the situation that he is in, and not have the luxury of just dropping him when things get rough and then picking up 3 more characters.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Officially dropping Rumble.

I think I need to experience the Autobot side a bit, but I won't claim anymore NPCs for awhile... making monologues for Scorpy and Blackjack is taking most of my time. But if I could, I want to stake a NPC claim for Whirl if the RPG gods allow. If not, then it's okay.
I think you should have some accountability for putting the character in the situation that he is in, and not have the luxury of just dropping him when things get rough and then picking up 3 more characters.
Exactly. With Bug Bite you could almost be excused for randomly beating Deluge up, but if that's going to happen with all your characters, then it won't be fun anymore. Seriously. Power-playing yourself into a fight, dodge most of the attacks, then when it gets rough, you blow a hole in the wall and run away. It's the same with all the fights you get in to.

But let's not argue in this thread. Warcry may ban us all.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

-Blackout- wrote:Dropping Blast Off, seeing as he's about to be cannibalized for spare parts
There are two things wrong with this sentence.

1) No, he's not about to be cannibalized for spare parts. If you were paying attention, you would know that Astrotrain had him locked up because he was pissed off at Blast-Off for being a troublemaker.

2) It's not OK for you to write a character into a corner like you have with Blast Off and then just abandon him without making any attempt at resolving his situation. It makes it virtually impossible for anyone who doesn't know what's happened to him to ever use the character in the future, and the only reason you're not getting in deep shit for this is because you got lucky and found someone who was willing to try and clean up the mess you've made of the character.

This is the last time I'm going to warn you about stuff like this. If you do anything stupid with your new characters, you're going to find yourself locked out of the RPG forums.
Blackjack wrote:Exactly. With Bug Bite you could almost be excused for randomly beating Deluge up, but if that's going to happen with all your characters, then it won't be fun anymore. Seriously. Power-playing yourself into a fight, dodge most of the attacks, then when it gets rough, you blow a hole in the wall and run away. It's the same with all the fights you get in to.
That's a fair description of what's happening, and it's no fun for anyone involved.
Blackjack wrote:But let's not argue in this thread. Warcry may ban us all.
Well said. The sign-up thread isn't for discussion. If you take issue with someone else's claims, please either use PMs or create a thread in the RPG discussion forum (which is where I've moved these posts).
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

listen i have a good story i dea for blast off, and im ok with using the character, it doesnt really matter, id be ok taking him thats all,
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote: It makes it virtually impossible for anyone who doesn't know what's happened to him to ever use the character in the future, and the only reason you're not getting in deep shit for this is because you got lucky and found someone who was willing to try and clean up the mess you've made of the character.

Sup Sunstreaker.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Yeah. I mean, sure, we won't want our characters to drop off dead at every shot to the head/to the neck et al, but hits do have to be acknowledged, be it charging forwards in a rage and ignoring the pain, or just doubling over in pain and snapping off a few shots. Doesn't mean you could just escape a fight just by 'blowing a hole in the wall'. Besides, both Bug Bite and Blast Off started the fight. While Bug Bite's fight was true to character (that's why I let you get away with it, instead of giving Scorponok something to munch), Blast Off is waaay out of character. He's a sadistic loner, but you play him as a random hothead who insults everything and everybody. He's not Crankcase, you know.

Besides, these are transformers. Even if you get half your body mutilated, lost your hand, lost your face and lost your lunch money, you could still get rebuilt. 'Sides, if you play it in a nice way or surrender, other players would usually let you get away (RE: Bug Bite). I don't see a reason to dodge every shot.

Wow, I can rant!
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

This isn't the first time I've seen this happen in an RPG
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Blackjack wrote:lost your lunch money
I don't know. I don't think I would be able to recuperate from that :p
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Selkadoom wrote:This isn't the first time I've seen this happen in an RPG
Yes it is, you live a very sheltered RPG life.

You are a bad liar.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Blaster wrote:Yes it is, you live a very sheltered RPG life.

You are a bad liar.
How do you know if i'm lying.