Titans Return: The Game

Don't dream it, be it.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ginrai's Crater:

TITAN BOOTSTRAP v 2034.453207

Emergency System Reboot. Support systems reactivated.

Power relays reinitialized.

Accessing Survival Center.

------------------

Ginrai's sensors came back online.

No, still no visual. The secondary optical feeds in his helmet were damaged. Other sensors were coming back online, some damaged from the impact, some still residually damaged from Megatron's shot. He could tell something....no, someONE was looming over and/or around him.

The targeting feeds from the shoulder cannons flared back into activation. "Finally, "he thought. "I can see....... Feet."

Then the feed from the left shoulder cannon was suddenly wrenched around. It didn't matter, damage from the landing had rendered that cannon inoperable. But as Starscream flailed around above him, one of his feet had connected with the cannon.

"Well, at least it's not Megatron....."

Then he noticed the slight subsurface tremor, like something very small burrowing through snow......

Underneath Ginrai:

There were times, Nightbeat had to admit, having a drill drone for a partner helped.

This was one of them.

They'd simply drilled down and made a beeline for the fallen Titan's location. They came up in the shadow of Ginrai's helmet.

"All right", Nightbeat hissed. "Get back underground. If I'm lucky, I can get the big guy moving again. If not..... I was never cut out for archaeology, anyway."

Roller beeped surprisingly softly and retreated into the hole as Nightbeat waited for his moment, when Starscream wasn't looking, then scrambled up, transformed, and locked into Ginrai's head mount, immediately closing the battered helm.

------

"Who are you?"

Nightbeat had an immediate sense of concern from the Titan, as well as a surprising lack of panic. "I'm Nightbeat. Who are you?"

"Ginrai."

"Uhm....... Would you mind if I tried to pilot you out of this mess?"

Ginrai chuckled. "As long as you don't think your the next incarnation of Optimus Prime, you can stay as long as you want and do whatever you like."

----------

As Starscream fell atop him, Ginrai's arms suddenly came up, attempting to grapple the Seeker. "If you don't want to play with Optimus, Screamer, you can play with ME!!"

Skies over Dig Site:

Twisting in mid air to avoid being shot, Hot Rod swooped down towards Skullcruncher, dropping feet first towards the Decepticon.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Crazyjabberwock
Protoform

Post by Crazyjabberwock »

Dig site
Grax split off again from cruncher, the beastly decepticon eagerly snapped and tore at Hotrod's leg, with it in his grip he attempted a death roll to take it off and cripple his prey, all while his Master took pot shots at his meal.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Dig Site

Optimus Prime growled as Kaon dodged his blade swing, but the arrival of Hot Rod’s Sky Sled signaled something – reinforcements. The younger Autobot seemed intent on engaging Skullcruncher, which is a good thing – it leaves the comparatively more dangerous DJD agent focused on Optimus himself.

Kaon darted off to assist Starscream, who had tripped over Ginrai’s body – a karmic fate for the Decepticon air commander – and narrowed his optics. “Get back here.” Optimus Prime let out a low growl, aiming his barrage cannon at Kaon and launching another pair of artillery shells at the Decepticon torturer, aiming for the center of his mass.

He was about to do the same to Starscream, when Ginrai’s body suddenly lurched up and lunged at the Seeker. “What?” Optimus asked out loud. Ginrai appears to be sporting a different Titan Master than Pyro – where did it come from? Who was this soldier? But it doesn’t matter, because he’s clearly friendly.

Still sounds like me. Like us. Diac made a mental note within their shared mindspace.

Perceptor shook his head in disapproval as his monocle focused, filtering through the ambient radiation of the Sonic Canyons to pin-point the mass of Decepticons and Autobots nearby – way too many Decepticon energy signatures for his liking. There were only… two? Three, maybe, that seemed to correspond to Autobot energy signatures, and at least a half-dozen Decepticons. At this range, and with so much terrain between where they are and where he last saw Optimus Prime land, there was too much interference to really be specific about it.

“Drop pods won’t help us in this situation – I highly doubt they come equipped with non-standard artillery.” Perceptor nodded, agreeing with Driveshaft. “And likewise, I highly doubt that the Decepticons – or indeed, our fellow Autobots – fighting there will be particularly receptive to any demands of ceasefire.”

Perceptor barely glanced to see Tap-Out as he stepped out of the pod. Clearly, from his demands and way of walking, someone in charge of security or the like. Or just a busybody. Either way, it’s faster to reply. “Megatron is here. He wants whatever you people has found – I am an ally of yours. Optimus Prime is holding the Decepticons back, but I believe evacuation prudent here.”

Should we not call Hardhead and his shuttle? Convex asked.

No. too obvious. Too big a target for the Decepticons to fire on. We’re hidden now, and the Decepticons are distracted by the fight. Best to slowly move away.

Shuttle Exterior

Sixshot barreled through the empty space that Chromedome had just been in, missing the Autobot as he vaulted over his vehicle mode. The carbine blasts impacted on Sixshot’s armour, blackening and scorching off chunks of it, but none that scarred the six-changer fatally. It did cause the Titan Master inside him to scream like a strangled banshee, though. Sixshot’s concussion cannons rotated on their mounts and launched several potshots at Chromedome, though at the speed he’s moving, the six-changer did not really expect them to land.

“Watch out watch out watch out-” Revolver yelled as Sentinel Prime arrived, brandishing his blade.

Sixshot let out an excited roar as he transformed out of his car mode into robot mode. The sudden lack of wheels bled out some of the speed he’s having, enough to slow him down to draw his own sword and bring it up to parry Sentinel Prime’s blade. Sixshot’s sword, impacting with Sentinel’s, was enough to slow down his forward momentum to a halt.

“Excellent.” Sixshot growled. “You’re the warrior Prime, right? I’m Sixshot, Decepticon STAG. Give me a good fight. I’ve never killed a Prime before.”

Look, Sixshot-sama, I know it’s part of your creed to introduce yourself and your rank before battling worthy opponent, but ‘ninja consultant’ so much more better-sounding than STAG.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Dig Site

"Hmmph. Missed." Deathsaurus muttered as they clicked another slug into the chamber. "Must be more out of practice than we thought." They took a little more time to steady their gun at Brainstorm.

He could be important. Might should go for a leg this time.

They pulled the trigger.

---------------------------------

Sentinel was knocked back a step as Sixshot's sword slammed into his own. "I'm pleased that you know who I am, Decepticon. Unfortunately, I have no idea who you are, or what that nonsense title you rattled off is supposed to mean." Sentinel grasped his sword hilt with both hands and leaned into the blade lock, as he did so he deployed a pair of small cannons hidden beside his head and fired. He didn't think they would hurt an enemy of that size, but if they caught Sixshot off guard, Sentinel may have a chance to land a blow with his sword.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Dig Site:

As Skullcruncher's mouth started to close, Hot Rod reignited his boot jets, hoping to keep his leg from getting more damaged by filling the croc's mouth with jet flames.

"He's trying to rip my leg off!!!!!! Get him off'a me!!!!!"

"Calm down. Don't panic. You've got three laser cannons on each arm. Make him hurt."

"G-got it....."

Hot Rod's left arm started firing at Skullcruncher's head, while his right, as a sign of his annoyance with the Decepticon Titan Master, opened fire on Grax with his right arm cannons.

Shuttle Exterior:

Chromedome twisted in mid air and landed in a crouch, facing Sixshot's back.

"Okay..... That was surprising......"

"He's not fighting us anymore. HOW DARE HE!!!!!!!!!"

"You are trying to get us killed, aren't you...... You could just shoot him in the back, be done with it."

"For what he's done...... For Abilo, for all those he's murdered..... Shooting him in the back is far too kind a death for him."

Chromedome charged forward, hooking around so he came at Sixshot's side. "SIXSHOT!!!!!! WE'RE NOT FINISHED YET!!!!!!"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Near the Shuttle

"Well, it is the honourable thing to do to let a worthy opponent know your name and rank... so during the moment of your death, you'll know the name of your killer." Sixshot replied to Sentinel Prime. If he had a mouth, he'd be grinning. Finally. Someone worthy to fight.

The Decepticon six-changer lifted up his free hand reflexively to block the blasts from the smaller cannons, but this forced him to slightly loosen his grip on the sword-to-sword lock... and it proved a costly mistake. Sentinel's sword overpowered his own, and it swung down, cutting a diagonal gash on Sixshot's chest. Revolver's martial arts combat had kicked in, and before he realized it the very moment he realized the shift in their blade-lock Sixshot had already taken a step back. Sentinel Prime's cut didn't slash through anything critical, but it still hurt.

Sixshot transformed into his tank mode as he says this, mortar cannons and concussion cannons aiming and launching a barrage towards Sentinel Prime.

Sixshot had been ignoring Bumblebee and Hardhead, neither of whom were actively attacking him, but was dimly aware of Chromedome ran back next to him. Sixshot swung his tank turret assembly hard towards where Chromedome was coming at, hoping to hit the smaller Autobot with it and send him flying. "Begone, smaller Autobot -- you're not worth my time. Not like him."

"Don't take it personally -- he really, really likes fighting warriors with swords." Revolver quipped from the relative safety of the cockpit in Sixshot's tank mode.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Dig Site

Megatron transformed back to robot mode, smiling cruelly as Optimus made it clear just how much his barb had stung.

"So...you propose to 'even the scales' by doing me a favour and killing Starscream? Never change, Prime!" But responding to a strange stirring of emotion inside him -- I should protect the ones loyal to me -- he found himself adding, "I have to insist that you leave Kaon be though."

The Decepticon leader managed to stop himself from letting out the punctuative "yes" that would have made it clear that Doomshot was influencing his thinking.

He stepped forward, putting himself between his loyal DJD soldier and Optimus, trying to punch the Autobot leader's head off while the seemingly-undead Ginrai had him distracted.

Mindwipe called out as the electrical current leaped between himself and Scourge. His shield absorbed most of the voltage, but enough of it trickled through to leave his left arm numb as subsystems and microprocessors were forced to reboot. Thankfully, Fracas shot the dart on his end before it did any irreversible harm to the mystic.

(OOC: Am I interpreting this right?)

"Blah, if a fight is vhat they vant, than a fight is vhat we vill give them! And if they vill attack us so dishonourably..."

Raising his viper pistol in his good hand, he fired a shot down at Chromedome's back.

"...then so vill ve."

Autobot Landing Zone

Furos scowled as Sixshot essentially shrugged off the cannon blast that Hardhead had sent his way. As he pondered what to do next, his Titan ejected his spent magazine.

"Incendiary shells?" Hardhead asked.

Furos shook his head. "Too much of a chance that we'll hit the other Autobots with splash damage." He winced. "Sentinel's already walked into one of our shots."

"Sonic shells, then?"

"Not unless we want to fight combiners today. The sound would carry all the way across the Canyons."

"Shatterblaster to the face, then?"

Before Furos could answer, he noticed other Decepticons arriving.

Deal with one thing at a time, he reminded himself.

Turning to face Bumblebee and "Steelheart", he made the conscious choice to ignore the Titan Master giving him a fake name -- no one, in his experience, tripped over saying their own name unless they were trying to get used to a new one -- and evaluated their abilities instead. "The Bumblebee I've heard about was called a scout. Is that an accurate assessment?"
Crazyjabberwock
Protoform

Near Ginrai's Crater

Kaon used hsi dynamo to try and deflect the shots again but on such short notice he could only muffle them, as he fell over from the concussive force Nickle separated and grabbed the comatose Vos, Firing right for Optimus's head with a cold look in her eyes.

Dig Site
Grax eeped and dodged behind anything he could as Skullcruncher snarled, clamping harder through the pan as he started trying to roll Hot Rod's leg off, though the damage would pile up, it was a contest of endurance now. Grax took his chance behind cover to try and aim right at the Guzzler's head.

Autobot landing zone

Bumblebee rolled up with a stylish skid, the titan master landed beside him, stowing her scooter in his trunk before they transformed, Bumblebee saluted Furos and Hardhead.

"Veteran Scout Bumblebee reporting, we're ready to help!" They stood ready to take initiative on the moment things got more chaotic.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Dig Site

"Getting soft in your old age, Megatron? I never thought you had it in you to actually care for your soldiers." Optimus Prime growled in satisfaction as Kaon fell over from his barrage. Two things aimed for his head, though -- Megatron's fist and the blast from Kaon's transformed Titan Master -- so Optimus Prime transformed out of reflex.

He didn't quite make it, though. While Diac leaped into the air quick enough to avoid Nickel's shot, he didn't quite avoid Megatron's fist. The Titan Master felt the brunt of Megatron's knuckles hit his lower body, but Diac reflexively transformed his hands into energon blades, attempting to drive them deep into Megatron's fists -- if not to damage the Decepticon leader, then to hang on and avoid being flung halfway across the battlefield.

Optimus Prime himself transformed into his truck mode, and continued barreling forwards, aiming to run Megatron down.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Dig Site

Brainstorm cursed at the fact that lumbering behemoth was still closing in and firing on him as he moved quickly to some cover before the second shot had gotten off. But now the eccentric genius found himself contemplating how to get that titanic figure known as Deathsaurus down and he hit upon a rather clever idea. Taking out his MARGG he started to lay down a large pile of gel and slowly peeked out at the lumbering figure, pulling off his face plate and making a childish face hoping it would incite him into leaving Optimus be so the bot could face Megatron in relatively fair odds.

He would note with disappointment that his electro darts had been disabled but it seemed that at least one bot was down so better than nothing. He was running out of weapons though.

Scourge blearily opened his optics after the viscious electrocution but found that he could barely move, his body having for the most part slipped into an involuntary stasis lock that had left him essentially useless until his internal systems could properly unlock his servos. Fracas for his part had done a fine job securing the area around his partner.

Ginrai's Embrace

Starscream let out a noise that could only be best described as halfway between a yelp, a scream, and a gasp as he suddenly found himself getting cybear hugged by a bot much larger than him

"Let me go you stupid idiot!" he yelled as he flailed madly, kicking the titan as hard as he could as his Titan Master made an involuntary angry buzzing noise at the situation that Ginrai had put the duo in, not paying attention to the others.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Dig Site:

As Sixshot's turret swung towards him, Chromedome grabbed the barrel closest to him and swung up into the air, avoiding Mindwipe's venom stream by sheer accident. Stopping in a crouch on Sixshot's barrel, he steadied himself with one hand and aimed his laser carbine towards Sixshot's cockpit with the other. "He likes fighting sword guys, I like avenging all of my friends he's murdered. And I am taking it personally." He opened fire on Sixshot's cockpit.

------------

"STOP PANICKING!"

"I'm not panicking! I'm....... I'm...... WaaahhhhhhhhHHHHHHHH!"

"Kids these days........"

Hot Rod suddenly scowled, switching his aim from Skullcruncher's head and muzzle to targeting the croc's optics, while boosting the power to the jets filling the croc's mouth with flames.

Ginrai's Crater:

"What's the matter, Screamer? Don't like a target that fights back? Or do you get your jollies fighting corpses?"

"I don't get it."

"Long, LONG story."

Ginrai kept squeezing, glaring at Starscream........ mainly because Nightbeat was having problems interfacing with Ginrai's weapons systems.

tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Dig Site

Deathsaurus scowled as the second slug put a small crater in the ground where Brainstorm's leg had been.

He's a nimble one, apparently. A different approach is needed here.

They placed their rifle on their back again, and drew Eaglebreast from their chest and switched it to blaster mode, and with their other hand they unsheathed their broadsword. As they began to close in on Brainstorm, the Autobot showed his face.

A taunt? So, he's either suicidal, or he's planning something.

Deathsaurus shifted their shield in front of them, and kept their gun pointed at the slab of debris Brainstorm was hiding behind, and cautiously stepped forward.

-------------------------

Shuttle

Sentinel raised his shield as Sixshot transformed. He was protected from direct damage, but the inertia still knocked him on his back. Chromedome's flip trick bought Sentinel enough time to climb to his feet, although still a little dazed.

That idiot's going to get himself killed.

With respect, sir, 'that idiot' may have just saved your life.

Hardly. Do you think some Decepticon ruffian with an overblown sense of importance could actually fell a Prime?

"Chromedome! I can handle this one myself! You should deal with some of these other Decepticon rabble currently going unopposed!"

He turned back to the multi-changer and gave his blade a twirl, "Alright, 'Sixshot'," he said as if the name itself were a taunt, "if you want to test your blade against a Prime, then here I stand."
Crazyjabberwock
Protoform

Dig Site: Starscream's position
With the shot fired Nickle rapidly linked back onto Kaon, the Duo made forStarscream, Kaon lept at the Titan, Latching onto Ginrai Chuckling sadistically as he powered up an electric shock that both he and the air commander would feel, charged just enough to not kill Starscream, but enough to hurt like the pit as it funneled through and harmed the Autobot

Dig site
Skullcruncher howled in agony, releasing Hot Rod as one of his optics had burst, he swiped his tail out to push him back as Grax ran up "No Body abuses my boy!" He declared as signalled Cruncher to transform. Once connected he cracked his knuckles threateningly and moved to pummel him.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ginrai's Crater:

"I wonder who that is......."

"With our luck......."

"SHHHHEEEEEEAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Electricity from Kaon surged through Ginrai and Nightbeat.

"I-I-it's n-n-nothing-g-g g-g-good."

Convulsively, Ginrai tightened his grip on Starscream. "G-geezzz, S-screammmer, nobody-y-y likes y-y-you, dooo theyyy?"

Dig Site:

Hot Rod rolled to his feet, favoring his damaged right leg. His jets were damaged from overheating, and his ankle and lower leg armor was torn.

"Your boy's an idiot." Hot Rod danced backwards, keeping just out of reach of Skullcruncher.

Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Dig Site

Brainstorm counted the microcycles as he waited for the towering decepticon to close in, waiting for the thunderous foot to make a different sound as it hit the colorless gel before stepping out and taking a rather grandiose bow.

"I thank you good sir because you will now be helping me see what happens when I propel a bot with as much repulsion as 6 kilos of gel can produce."

he said flipping the switch and making the gels magnetic field roar to life straight up underneath Deathsarus foot.

Ginrai's Crater

The combination of humiliating bear hug and then a shock from an ally was too much for Waspinator to bear as he suddenly detatched from Starscreams body and buzzed angrily as his tiny form sprouted two wings to enable flight

"Waspinatorzzz is sick and tired of other bots hurting hizz partner!" he shrieked as he pulled out his stinger gun and fired two into Ginrai's arms, the little darts burrowing in and discharging a nasty mix of toxins meant to cause lingering pain before wheeling around and firing a few at Kaon as well
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Crazyjabberwock
Protoform

Dig Site
Grax noticed Hot Rod's tactic, played along and moved for shield bash only to fake out and use its integrated blaster instead at close range, a smug smile on his face.

"suppose it takes one to know"

Ginrai's Crater

Kaon jumped back in pain Surprised at Waspinator's potency, Pain was nothing new to him but Nickle was having trouble taking it. She considered separating again but gritted their teeth to take it, Kaon was sprawling for a moment
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Dig Site

Revolver yelped as the cockpit's roof shattered -- though the roof itself was made from the same material that the rest of Sixshot was, it was still thin enough for Chromedome's carbine to do some damage. Thankfully, the roof of the cockpit absorbed most of the carbine's energy, though the shrapnel rained down on Revolver, cutting the Titan Master's chest and back.

Sixshot, meanwhile, transformed into his robot mode, and as his turret transformed into Sixshot's legs, Chromedome would find himself either forcibly shaken off or clinging to the six-changer's legs. Revolver found the seat he's sitting on retracting, pistons pulling him into place as he transformed, finding himself locked into place within Sixshot's helmet.

That was not fun. Pay attention to other Autobots, Sixshot-sama!

Oh, hush. Silverdome isn't a threat.

It is Chromedome, Sixshot-sama, and he might not be a threat to you, but he nearly blew me up! And, I remind you, I am your marketting agent! And your head! Head is important!

In an action that was mostly inspired by Revolver's part of their shared mind, Sixshot would lash out his leg to kick Chromedome away, and without really caring for the result of that particular action, Sixshot drew his own blade, and held it in a two-handed grip. "Come, Sentinel Prime. I like you better than your successor already. He kept making speeches about how I shouldn't accept my fate as a soulless weapon." Sixshot's eyes glinted, and he charged forwards, swinging his blade in an arc that went for Sentinel's right side, the side that's not holding a shield. "But I know what I am."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ginrai's Crater:

Ginrai winced as the darts slammed home into his arms. "Don't blame me for your choice in partners, little guy."

The advantage to Ginrai's armored helm combined with Nightbeat's visored optics is that no one could see any sign of the huge grin that suddenly formed on Nightbeat's face as, with Ginrai's help, he finally got the weapons systems online.

"But since you seem so concerned for him...... Fetch." Ginrai flung Starscream's headless body at Kaon, pulling both ion rifles as soon as his hands were free and firing at both Decepticons.

Dig Site:

As Sixshot started to transform, Chromedome sprang from the gun barrel, flipping in mid-air and landing in a crouch.

"STOP IT!"

"Stylor-"

"He's bigger than us, better armed, and far stronger. I'm sorry he killed your friends-"

"Stylor-"

"-but he's going to kill us as well if you don't stop this!"

"We've got a far better chance against him than the orange moron. Whom, if you remember, we're supposed to protect."

"Nobody will mourn the death of a war criminal."

"Probably not, but Hardhead asked us to keep him alive."

Chromedome stood. "I guess there's only one thing for it." He turned and ran back to the shuttle. "I hope they packed some spares......"

----------

Hot Rod stepped inside of Skullcruncher's shield reach, knocking it off aim with his left arm, while driving a powerful right fist at Skullcruncher's head.

tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Dig Site

Deathsaurus was stunned for a moment when Brainstorm popped up and bowed. They readied their gun and took another step forward when the ground flew out from under them. They found themself floating nearly half a mile in the air above the battlefield, and honestly more amused than angry.

How novel. I would guess that this is the same one that shot us with that speech disrupting device earlier as well.

Deathsaurus formulated a plan within their mind, and then split back apart, with Esmeral attaching to Eaglebreast once more. Esmeral was going to stay in the air for now, and keep watch on the fight from above.
Deathsaurus flew forward just enough to get out of the repulser field, and then dove back down. His massive draconic form landed behind Brainstorm with a roar, as he swung around to slam the Autobot with his tail.

------------------------------

Sentinel Prime braced himself as Sixshot charged forward. His strike angle would have been a difficult parry for a regular sword, but that's why Sentinel used such a peculiar blade. He angled the bottom blade of his sword out and up, to angle Sixshot's sword up and over Sentinel's head. It wasn't a perfect maneuver, he lost most of the overhanging armor protecting his wrist and hand as the sword slid across, but Sentinel knew you didn't always have the luxury of a perfect solution.

"On that we can agree, creature." Sentinel replied during the parry, "Optimus is always trying to redeem and rehabilitate your kind. I know better." Sentinel thrust his off hand, attempting to bash Six Shot's chest wound with his shield. "I know you're all vermin, and the galaxy will only be safe when you're dead."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Dig Site

"I've always cared for the useful ones," Megatron scoffed at Optimus's comment, but he may have been trying to convince himself.

Diac's blades caught on the seams of his hand armour, not cutting into any vital parts but wedging in deeply enough to ensure the tiny Autobot stuck there. Which in retrospect wasn't a very good idea, because now he was stuck about a handspan away from the aperture of the Decepticon leader's fusion cannon.

Megatron kept his face stony to avoid betraying the pain in his hand as he fired a blast at Optimus's front wheels, looking to cripple the Autobot leader's vehicle mode. The fusion-powered plasma stream would pass within an inch or two of Diac, as hot as the fires of Cybertron's sun.

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught sight of Waspinator taking matters into his own hands and felt an unfamiliar mix of fondness and pride. Megatron recognized the source of the feelings as Doomshot, who'd served with the useless, buzzing annoyance before, but found himself unable to silence it.

Mindwipe got a sour expression as Chromedome dodged his attack seemingly by sheer luck.

The spirits vere on his side today, blah.

Flapping his wings, he dropped to the ground near where Fracas and Scourge had come down.

"Does he still function?" Mindwipe asked the smaller of the two as he shook out his left arm, trying unsuccessfully to bring some sensation back to it.

Autobot Landing Zone

Furos and Hardhead transformed to robot mode as Bumblebee did the same. He hefted his shatter blaster, but before he ran into the battlefield he addressed the other Autobot.

"Good," he said bluntly. "We're here to protect a team of archaeologists. But before we can protect them, we need to find them. I need you to locate the entry to their dig tunnels. Our intel says they're west of here, but I'm not entirely sure where. Make contact if you can, then come back here and tell me their location. Stay radio silent -- we don't know who else might be listening." His optics narrowed. "I think our science officer may have come down closer to the site. His name is Perceptor. He can be a bit trigger-happy, so if you run into him, make sure he knows I sent you."