Are you a decal person? Do you like car decals, personalised license plates, etc? What are your favourites?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Are you a decal person? Do you like car decals, personalised license plates, etc? What are your favourites?

Post by Sades »

I'm not really a decal person (surprisingly, I'm very visual usually), but there are a couple that I've seen that I've considered buying.

I approach decals like I do tattoos I suppose. Very much less permanent, but I generally look at them and wonder if I'll still think something is funny/cute in a year or two. Sayings and phrases fall short of that, but I'm considering buying this one:

Minus the text. I've made basically this image in colour for a sign on my daughter's wall, without the text. It's one of her favourite BT21 characters. The moon is a wooden sign from the dollar store, I just painted it over and added the cardstock Koala to it.

Asides from that, this decal gave me a laugh.

Other than decals, I love seeing personalised license plates in the wild. I wish I had photos of some of the ones I've seen, I've seen a few that were actually really funny, or interesting. I don't have any examples though.
Denyer

Re: Are you a decal person? Do you like car decals, personalised license plates, etc? What are your favourites?

Post by Denyer »

I've tended to use 40K ones on things, like

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Warhammer ... 3320700831
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40 ... 1001437196

And there's one of these (licensed back in the day) attached somewhere in the car

Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Custom Title: Overlord Of OlSkool Weirdness

Re: Are you a decal person? Do you like car decals, personalised license plates, etc? What are your favourites?

Post by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey »

As far as vehicular decals are concerned, I mainly prefer those that represent my favorite radio stations:

97.3 FM WRIR
88.9 FM VPM News
107.3 FM VPM Music
1140 AM/96.1 FM WRVA

Also, I will, of course, enlist decals for any type of TF emblems (Decepticons...Autobots...Combiners...Unicron...Quintessons...Vehicons...Predacons...Maximals), STAR TREK emblems, STAR WARS emblems, STARGATE SG-1 emblems, WARHAMMER Universe emblems and emblems dealing with JRR Tolkien's most famous fantasy literary-works-turned-motion-pictures. :cool: :up:
:devil: Image :angel: