What TV shows are you watching thread.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I watched it last month. It was pretty good.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I'm a couple episodes into Season 2. I love that they got Rhys Darby to play Coran.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Blitzwing wrote:I love that they got Rhys Darby to play Coran.
Oh god, of course it is. I knew I recognised the voice from somewhere.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I'm also a couple of episodes into Netflix's Voltron.
Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I've been slowly punching through the second season of The Last Kingdom on Netflix, although just like the first season, the episodes do tend to feel slow at times especially at the start of a season.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Well I never watched Twin Peaks! Until now.

Strangely, my decision to purchase the blu-ray box set has nothing to do with the new series coming out next month. I only learned about that after the fact.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Picked up Jessica Jones Season 1 at the super market. Watched the first three episodes and am impressed so far.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Skyquake87 wrote:Picked up Jessica Jones Season 1 at the super market. Watched the first three episodes and am impressed so far.
I really liked Jessica Jones, it's probably my second favorite Marvel Netflix Season behind Daredevil Season 2.

David Tennant did a great job as the villain.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Almost finished with The Last Kingdom (one episode left) and also pushing through the second half of the Designated Survivor episodes.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Men in Black: The Series - much like the other animated shows from Sony's TV animation division like Extreme Ghostbusters, the Godzilla series and Big Guy & Rusty, this one's a pretty solid show with a good deal of episodes that are at least entertaining. Also it has David Warner voicing Alpha which is awesome.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Blitzwing wrote:I really liked Jessica Jones, it's probably my second favorite Marvel Netflix Season behind Daredevil Season 2.

David Tennant did a great job as the villain.
(belated reply, as only just finished the series...)

He was good! So after a pretty final exit, I'm disappointed to hear he's being brought back. Booooo. Just 'cos the comics pull this sh*t, doesn't mean the telly/ films have to.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

I always thought that G Gundam was pretty bad when it came to the whole "showrunners don't give a damn they're supposed to be selling toys" thing, but it's nothing compared to Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos. Three of the four heroic main toy characters are just reuses of earlier toys, and the one new toy character is pretty much useless. And the rest of the massive cast consists largely of older Machine Robo toys indiscriminately cast as single episode supporting appearances, with non-toy characters getting far more screentime than any of them.

And Rom Stoll manages to give Star Saber a run for his money when it comes to competing in the "annoying preachy protagonist who never ever has to face anything remotely resembling defeat" category.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I'm currently watching season 3 of Xena Warrior Princess on DVD.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I've been watching a fair few things lately...

Requiem on BBC 1 (given up trying to find it on its broadcast slot, as sport/ other events seems to have displaced it from Friday nights) which is a neat/ creepy ghost story. Nice to have something like this back on TV.

Britannia on Sky Atlantic - It's the Roman Invasion of Britain from olden times! Generally solid and engaging series, but just a shame it feels the need to court the GOT crowd rather than be it's own thing.

Collateral on BBC2 - Too short crime drama about a murdered pizza delivery man, which leads into a story about people trafficking and illegal immigration. Marred by expository dialogue for the hard of thinking and some liberty taken with actual police procedure, as is always the case with these things.

Batman: The Animated Series Season 3. Late last year, a box set landed that collects the original 4 season run for the first time in the UK (previously we had to make do with just releases of S1 &2), so this has now found its way to Prime and I've been enjoying it immensely. Such a well crafted show that deals with a lot of heavy adult themes. Hard to believe this is how they used to make kids cartoons. Now what have we got? Teen Titans Go! and Adventure Time. Just got through two excellent episodes, one introducing Maxie Zeus and 'Read My Lips' which introduces the Ventriloquist to startling effect, making a very silly villain something truly disturbing.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Watched the new and surprisingly long time coming special edition DVD of Threads. You can now watch the disintigration of human civilisation in 2K quality!

Amazing, bleak (yet still with lots of black comedy) gripping drama that still feels very real. Good director's commentary (by the guy who made The Bodyguard!) as well, they've put two moderators on it, but they can't get a word in because of his passion for the film and the subject.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Alternator Jazz wrote:Watching Voltron Legendary Defender On Netflix Great Show !!
It is a great show but season 7 is overstuffed with too many characters and plots that get lost in shuffle, dropped, and/or weren't thought out very well by the show's creative team. The episode "The Feud!" is one the worst episodes of any cartoon show I ever seen. Honestly I would rather watch "Carnage in C-Minor" 13 times in row rather than watch that episode again.

I will say that the final 3 episodes is an epic fight and some of the Galaxy Garrison stuff reminded me an awful lot of Robotech/Macross.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Sunrunner
Protoform

Post by Sunrunner »

Just finished season 7 of Voltron Legendary Defender. Been watching the whole series with my son, and we've both really enjoyed it!
I have never seen the original 80's show, not sure if it ever aired in the UK but if it did it must have passed me by as I have no recollection of it. Is it worth tracking down?
I will say that the final 3 episodes is an epic fight and some of the Galaxy Garrison stuff reminded me an awful lot of Robotech/Macross.
Agreed, I was definitely getting a Robotech vibe with the Earth defense stuff. Too bad they'd never sort the licencing out, as I think that would be a great crossover
Hound

Post by Hound »

I wouldn't recommend watching the original Voltron cartoon beyond the initial introductory handful of episodes. It's just a very dull show.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

The Purge tv series

also watching NEW Magnum PI and Manifest
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Got through Cloak & Dagger, which I think has been excellent. The New Orleans setting and two leads have been great, the silly plot (hate 'mysterious previously undiscovered Earth energy thingy thing' rubbish) wasn't too bad and the show has been good fun.

Killing Eve on BBC3 has been a hoot. Horrible murders, followed by some bright and witty dialogue. Jodie Comer is brilliant.

The Bodyguard (not Whitney. She's dead) , another BBC drama and one I think everyone in the UK has been watching. Probably not that far fetched drama around the murder of the Home Secretary, orchestrated by the security services, the Home Office and organised crime. Suspension of disbelief works because the real life Conservative Party App routinely leaks out details of politicians, so they can be easily traced. Didn't care for the last minute twist and silly 'and they all lived happily ever after' ending.