Happy Halloween!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Halloween

Handing out candy
27%
Turning off my porchlight and hiding from Trick or Treaters
13%
partying
13%
attending a children's event with my kids
20%
Obligatory "Other" option
27%

Total votes: 15

Sades

Post by Sades »

I have been joking about going as a sexy Dinosaur for years and those ****ers who make costumes did it. They really did it.

http://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Hallowee ... HJYFA4MAH3

Edit: Also, currently my favourite costume on imgur: Dumblewhore.

Edit2: Checked imgur comments. New favourite: Edgar Allan Hoe.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

I really didn't do anything. It was rainy so hardly any children came to the door for candy (which means I get all the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups), my brother was grounded so I didn't take him out for candy, there was hardly anything on the television (YAY Halloween III...), and nobody I knew, even my coworkers, got back to me with any plans (which may or may not solidify what I think they think of me).

On the bright side, **** YEAH REESES
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Sades wrote: I'm a bit curious about this, sorry for the questions. :p What do you explode them with?

Should probably add that I don't want to explode stuff (I'm probably a bit eccentric, but not psycho), I'm just curious how you would explode anything as entertainment without being very, very far away.
I actually put a good deal of research into this before our first excursion. A friend of mine is a fireworks dealer/pyrotechnician, so I checked with him what kind of firecracker would do significant damage. He said it would take [snip], which is quite illegal in city limits. In fact, any gunpowder explosion is illegal except around July 4 or New Years. So fireworks were out.

[explanation that essentially adds up to "Dry ice/bottle/other stuff"]

And now that I've told everyone how, DO NOT TRY IT AT HOME. I am a semi-trained professional, and I know people who have gotten hurt badly when these are done wrong. (An idiot I knew in college used a glass bottle, and picked it up to see if it was bubbling. His entire belly got slashed by the shrapnel, and he won a trip to the ER.) The pumpkin actually makes it safer than just a bottle, but we always stand at least 30 feet away just in case. We had a good sized chunk that actually flew about 40 feet one time, but it's going so slowly it's not going to cause any major problems.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeahhhh no offense Notabot but I'm going to go ahead and edit that up a bit. :p That was a bit more detail than I was expecting, and that little niggling voice in the back of my head says that I should probably edit the details out. But thanks for clearing that up, I was curious as the video doesn't seem to have been taken from very far away.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I appreciate that. I was thinking of doing the same myself. Never know what kind of loons are going to wander into the Archive. :)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Sades wrote:
Should probably add that I don't want to explode stuff (I'm probably a bit eccentric, but not psycho)
I wasn't thinking you were a psycho until you went out of your way to say you weren't.

Anyone else scared Sades now knows how to blow things up?

He said it would take [snip], which is quite illegal in city limits. In fact, any gunpowder explosion is illegal except around July 4 or New Years. So fireworks were out.
I suspect that's a law a lot of people would love in this country as People Letting Off Fireworks At The Wrong Time Of Year is one of those things Brits adore moaning about.

Though if it is illegal in America (or at least your part of it) to let these things off at any other time of year, what do ex-pat Brits do on November 5th? This attacks their very cultural identity!
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

inflatable dalek wrote:Though if it is illegal in America (or at least your part of it) to let these things off at any other time of year, what do ex-pat Brits do on November 5th? This attacks their very cultural identity!
They're labelled terrorists and held indefinitely. That'll teach 'em to be foreign.
Sades

Post by Sades »

inflatable dalek wrote:I wasn't thinking you were a psycho until you went out of your way to say you weren't.

Anyone else scared Sades now knows how to blow things up?
Fireworks are legal in Alberta FYI. :p

All these words and talk of explosives... We're probably on a watchlist now.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Yeah, that's what did it.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm not making this any better, am I?
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Custom Title: Overlord Of OlSkool Weirdness

Post by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey »

I had to work on Halloween 2014...
:devil: Image :angel: