Raise your hand if you're the mayor!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Notabot

Raise your hand if you're the mayor!

Post by Notabot »

:wave: <--me

I've been serving as city councilman for the last couple years here, and now, through a series of unfortunate events, I am being appointed mayor of Centerville. I am the .1% (because Centerville is a town of 1000). And, as my first official act, I'm leaving town for a week on vacation as soon as the meeting where I am sworn in is over. On the plus side, the small mayor's office is now additional storage/display space for Transformers!

It's been interesting being involved in local politics, and it's given me a much better appreciation of what actually goes on behind the scenes. Turns out that sewers don't just grow naturally under houses!

So if you hear in the next couple weeks that Centerville, South Dakota, has been reduced to a smoking crater, you'll have at least some idea of why. :)
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

I guess congratulations are in order!
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I ran for faculty of arts chair at uni once. I lost. So not like being a mayor at all then
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Fantastic news! My plans of building a power-alliance with seats across the greater mid-west are coming to fruition... with addition of this first office! Now, all the rest!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Congrats! Please tell me you have ceremonial clothes, and they feature a bling gold chain with the Matrix on it... :)
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

As I understand it, the job of an American mayor is basically that everytime the local sheriff/investigative journalist/maverick scientist comes up to you and goes "We have to cancel the parade because of the shark/plague/storm/volcano!" you say "No, we're going on with this parade, I'm sure nothing will go wrong!".

You then die in a horrible hoist by his own petard sort of way. Correct?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Does the set of ceremonial clothes (avec Matrix on a chain) feature a petard though? Certainly should, in my book. And epaulettes. And a cape. Oh yes.
Wreck and Rule!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Does the set of ceremonial clothes (avec Matrix on a chain) feature a petard though? Certainly should, in my book. And epaulettes. And a cape. Oh yes.
So he's going to look like M. Bison?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Notabot wrote:as my first official act, I'm leaving town
Kudos.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Grats!

In my head, you now look like this.
Attachments
793771492eaf60610d683cbd4827468a.jpg
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

That's actually eerily close. :)

Unfortunately there is very little pomp or circumstance with the office, and no ceremonial clothes. (Yet. You've inspired me to start something new.) In fact, my actual chair in the council chambers will be exactly like the wooden one I'm in now as a councilman, just at the head of the table instead of the side. The official gavel is two dowel rods glued together, and I have the feeling that if I ever really used it, the handle would snap and the mallet part go flying (which, now that I say it out loud, would be rather effective).
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

This sounds like a really bad plan that G1 Megatron would conjure up to stop the Autobots.

Seriously good job dude.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Edited. See reason below.