So Ben Affleck is the new Batman

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Cliffjumper wrote:Fixed.
Um...excuse me? What are you talking about? My opinion hasn't really changed since my first post I just went more in-depth into what I thought and gave it a second look after the shock and awe of the announcement.

If you would just look at my first post you would see this. I said "He could pull it off" in my first post. So why change what i said in my second post to make it look I was changing my tune based on other people's opinions? Where exactly in my first post did I say anything remotely negative? Did I say "F*** him he ain't batman" like most of the internet? I think not...

If THIS

"Yeah... i'm umm... yeah.

He could pull it off but i aint holding my breath.

I just hope he's more like he is in The Town or ARGO and not Daredevil or any Kevin Smith movie... don't get me wrong I LOVE Kevin Smith movies but that Ben Affleck would kill Batman faster than Bat Nipples (Batman & Robin)... *shudders*"

is not the short hand version of THIS

"After sitting on this for awhile here are my thoughts.

I think Ben Affleck would be great for bruce wayne. He's cocky, sometimes witty, and can crack a smile.

But for Batman... i just can not see it. I honestly can't see him doing a good dark and brooding vigilante who's carrying a mecha-crap-ton of emotional baggage. I hope he surprises us all I really do as now we've learned he's signed on for multiple pictures, and he's gonna be in this role for awhile.

Don't get me wrong me still gonna see the movie (it's Batman vs. Superman how could I pass that up?) i'm just worried it's gonna be lacking in that awesome factor.

I totally agree with what Jeremy Jahns said on his Youtube video: In that if they were to change his mask into one that covers his mouth, I would have no problem with him playing Batman as I won't see his face while he's Batman. Also it looks pretty badass. And if i see his mouth i'll just see Daredevil in a black suit, as the bottom part of the masks would be identical.

I'm not gonna judge this until I see him playing the role, as it's as unfair as judging a pie before it's cooked. You haven't tasted it yet so how could you possibly know how good it is? However i'll slowly take a small bite and not dive in face first, to make sure i like it first.

Hope that makes sense to everyone. "

Then well maybe the sky is green the moon is purple and Canada is now a state of America!

Sorry for the wasted space but I hate when people correct me, and especially when I've done nothing wrong. Cliffjumper I know you hate me you always have since I've joined these boards but... wtf man?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Sades

Post by Sades »

TEAM AFFLECK'S JAW
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

TEAM FULL MASK :p
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

TEAM AFFLECK'S BUM AND LET'S SEE IF ANYONE NOTICES IT'S NOT HIS JAW! :D
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Nah, that'd be a bit gay. And there's nothing gay about Batman.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

inflatable dalek wrote:Nah, that'd be a bit gay. And there's nothing gay about Batman.
Except Batwoman. Batwoman's a lesbian.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote: Batman's solution is: money. He just buys whatever he needs training, equipment, companies, allies, and etc.
Yet I can relate to him more than Superman. ;)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Sades

Post by Sades »

angloconvoy wrote:TEAM FULL MASK :p
Team Tuxedo Mask?... nah.

TEAM ABED!

Hound would notice. *points in his general direction*
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:Except Batwoman. Batwoman's a lesbian.
Well you got me there. But that's the only even slightly gay thing there has ever been about Batman.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

inflatable dalek wrote:Well you got me there. But that's the only even slightly gay thing there has ever been about Batman.
And the Joker he's said a couple times in the past that he's in love with Batman. :swirly:
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Springer85 wrote:Yet I can relate to him more than Superman. ;)

I can relate to Kate Kane and Clark Kent more than Batwoman, Superman, Batman, or Bruce Wayne. :p
Skywarp the Seeker
Protoform

Post by Skywarp the Seeker »

The first time I realized Affleck was a terrible actor was in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. You had a really good actor like Jason Lee able to portray his characters in Mallrats and Chasing Amy in a short time span and make both of them seem like distinct characters. When the titular duo show up at the house of Affleck's character from CA, Affleck doesn't really look or sound like the same character at all. I don't blame that on the lack of facial hair; I blame Affleck for not being able to channel his old role, or not caring to. Or perhaps he's just one of those actors too recognizable to be able to disappear into a role anymore. No matter what the name on the script is, he's just Ben Affleck, all the time.