What's your ringtone/help me pick one.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Notabot

What's your ringtone/help me pick one.

Post by Notabot »

Anyone want to post their ringtone here? I got a new phone, and all of the included ringtones are either obnoxious or don't actually get my attention. I'm not a fan of just using a song because either I miss my calls because I want to hear the rest of the song, or I start grabbing for my phone when that song starts playing in the car.

So if you feel like helping out (or just bragging about your ringtone), post one for me. You just might get the satisfaction of knowing that you have a ringtone twin in South Dakota!
Sades

Post by Sades »

My ringtone is a Star Trek communicator noise. Only because I bought the phone off of a friend for $20 and I never bothered to change it.

My old phone had a transforming noise for texts and the 80's movie theme as the actual ringtone. I'm not certain where I got them from but you could probably do a search and come up with a ton of sites with them on.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I've had the same phone and ringtone for the last 5 years, the theme song from the 1960's Batman TV show. I don't plan on ever changing it.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

I have "die Sendung mit der Maus" theme, a german educational child show of the 1970s-1990s I grew up with.

Are you serious about your song explanation? I neither believe a single song is played so often by the radio, that you actually have a frequent disturbance, nor do I believe you actually do not pick up the phone and rather listen to your song which you have heard dozens.of times and can repeat it whenever you want to.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

No, I'm not entirely serious, but I don't care for songs as ringtones. I do think that I would develop some sort of Pavlovian reflex eventually, but I think it's more that I just wouldn't realize it was my phone.

I think I mentioned a while back, too, that I found out a few years ago there is no song that is an appropriate ringtone when you are in the emergency room with a family who just lost a loved one. (Thankfully it was not my phone, but when family and friends are calling to see what's going on, just silence it so that Papa Roach doesn't keep interrupting the grieving process.)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I currently have the Fresh Prine of Bel-Air as my ringtone, it would usually be the theme from Star Trek the Motion Picture (closing, the opening doesn't really kick in before it goes to answerphone) but I haven't yet gotten round to putting all the music that was on there back on yet after having to reset it.

My mother has has the Doctor Who theme as her tune, and the Tardis VWORP VWORP as her text alert. Which, considering the amount of Doctor Who I watch, means she's in a state of near permanent confusion.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Addl wrote:I have "die Sendung mit der Maus" theme, a german educational child show of the 1970s-1990s I grew up with.

Are you serious about your song explanation? I neither believe a single song is played so often by the radio, that you actually have a frequent disturbance, nor do I believe you actually do not pick up the phone and rather listen to your song which you have heard dozens.of times and can repeat it whenever you want to.
Pleased to report that Der Maus is still going strong. :)
Wreck and Rule!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I have Mclusky 'To hell with good intentions' as my ringtone :) no text beepy noises though. I like them to be a surprise.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

One of the defaults.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I'm currently using a section of Unicron's theme for mine. Tis unique enough that I won't confuse it with someone else's, nor will it randomly come up and have me needlessly scrambling for my phone.
Text message sound is a Godzilla roar, though I occasionally switch it to either the MGS Codec beep or Genome Soldier Alert sound
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Used to have a note-entered version of Living Next Door To Alice, which lasted way beyond living with someone with that name. One of the standard fairly bland ones now.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Notabot wrote:No, I'm not entirely serious, but I don't care for songs as ringtones. I do think that I would develop some sort of Pavlovian reflex eventually, but I think it's more that I just wouldn't realize it was my phone.

I think I mentioned a while back, too, that I found out a few years ago there is no song that is an appropriate ringtone when you are in the emergency room with a family who just lost a loved one. (Thankfully it was not my phone, but when family and friends are calling to see what's going on, just silence it so that Papa Roach doesn't keep interrupting the grieving process.)
Yes i totally agree on this and.my phone.is 90% on vibration mute due to mostly whole day business meetings, so i enjoy the song ring tone of the Maus on weekends.

Before the Maus, i occasionlly used james bond, magnum, and imperial march themes.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Notifications/Texts-G1 Transforming SFX
Ringtone-Jay-Z/Linkin Park Encore from Collision Course
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Currently Back In Black. If you have an iphone there're plenty of apps that let you make ringtones from MP3s. Kind of want to switch mine over to Knight Rider, just because I think it makes an appropriate ringtone somehow.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Yeah, my phone can use an mp3 for the ringtone, so my choices are pretty unlimited. Which is probably part of the problem. I'm halfways looking for the generic ring I was using on my old phone to have some consistency, but Googling "that 'ring-ring-deedle-doo' sound" doesn't produce good results. :)
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Mine is currently a default because I'm too lazy to change it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz. Not really sure why I have that as my ringtone, I haven't any kind of attachment to the song, but it's been that for a few years now (having been transferred over from my previous phone).
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Had "Finest Things" by Kelis & Richard X for years until I started associating the song with work ringing me all the time.

Now? I don't have a mobile phone; borrowed one of Sar's old ones during the run-up to baby arrival but have now let the battery run down and 'lost' the thing.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I a bit of a thread crossover, I'm seriously tempted to put Dean Stockwell rapping the alphabet as my ringtone on the grounds it will mildly baffle anyone who hears my phone go off.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

At the moment it's "Broken Out in Love" by Mark Crozer and the Rels. It tends to be whatever song it stuck in my head at the time I've looked.
I, currently, have a sound bite from warhammer 40k of a sergeant shouting "For the Emperor" but I cycle text tones. I tend to find things, one-liners, from shows I like or random sound effects. The Predator 'call' from the first film being a great one as it confuses my dog