Dreams?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Dreams?

Post by Sades »

So I've been having a few weird ones lately. The latest was really kinda boring and everyday, but apparently I was talking IRL through it. I was sitting on a moving bus or something that was like a restaurant, having dinner with a blonde lady I don't know but knew in the dream, and I was drinking some weird, expensive bottled water. We were making dinner conversation, she said something funny and I laughed, and then Hound quietly said "What?" IRL and I was instantly and fully awake. I guess I'd been muttering weird stuff in my sleep for awhile, then laughed and he got curious.

I seem to remember saying how I don't usually drink the expensive bottled water because it's stupidly priced, but it tastes good so I buy it occasionally as a treat. Apparently even in my dreams my dinner conversation is boring as hell.

Alright, let's hear yours. I'm going back to bed, in the meantime. :p
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The times I've mentally sketched out plans/designs for things whilst asleep and subsequently had them work have been pretty cool.

Personally I find remembered narrative dreams generally only happen on going back to sleep in the morning (averages about three hours extra and being groggy from lucid dreaming towards the end. Prefer a couple of sleep cycles per night unless I'm ill or it's really cold.)
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Well, I just dreamed last night (or this morning) that I was Batman and tried to escape from a tower from a horrible old woman. Weird part is after I escaped (sliding down through a tunnel from the top), I found I can go back and try two different endings. :wtf:
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

On the weekend, I took a nap on the couch only to keep having a dream about taking a nap on the couch. Throughout the whole dream I was aware that it was a dream and kept wondering why I was having such a boring dream.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Since I moved to china, I seem only to dream about work... This used to be different in Germany, but now I wake up remembering meetings about budget an a lot of excel involved. Communicating wrong information, having to explain things in a big round of people and so on. It is never a fun dream.
This week I never came home before 9 PM andd continued to work until midnight after s short dinner.
Glad when this is over.

I remember I used to dream a lot about flying, like jumping down a building.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Sades

Post by Sades »

I used to get these dreams that I would wake screaming or crying and upset from, but could never remember. They didn't happen often, but I'm glad I don't get those anymore.

When I went to sleep earlier after making the above post, I had another dream. I was gonna type that bugger out, but interrupted sleep tends to give me a headache so I didn't feel like it earlier and I had to get ready for work. It also bothered me mildly because it was so strange and a little gross.

I dreamt I had this itchy little bump on my head, that I scratched at it and I pulled this long hair out of it. The hair was like every other hair on my head- long, wavy, brown, but this hair had a weird little black, plastic-looking bump on it near the base. I scratched at it a bit because it looked so weird, and the little hair-bump burst and out flew this big, shiny black beetle that grew really fast to be about the size of my head. The beetle hit the floor and started crawling around, being a beetle... I called someone over (forget who), pointed at the shiny bastard minding its own business crawling about on the floor and told them what happened. Suddenly the beetles' rear end starts glowing like a firefly would except that it's really bright, like a standard light bulb in a lamp. the person I was talking to and I both get a bit weirded out, and next thing I know I'm walking down the street, carrying that ugly thing in a box. No idea where I was going now, but I seem to remember not being pleased with the situation.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

I have a recurring dream about somebody making ostrich lasagna.
I think my dreams are trying to tell me something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:I have a recurring dream about somebody making ostrich lasagna.

Dude, that is like so random and crazy. Ostrich lasagna? LOL!
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I haven't had ostrich in ages. It'd make good lasagne.

I mostly have pretty terrifying dreams that end with me waking because my heart is beating out of my chest. I'm liable to give myself a heart attack one of these days.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Had a dream last night in which I somehow ended up going back in time thirty years. Strangely, my first thought was "Right, let's work out how to fit into society well enough to get through to 1984 and see the first Transformer toys hit the shelves. MISB frenzy!" Sad. Very sad. :lol:
Wreck and Rule!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:I have a recurring dream about somebody making ostrich lasagna.
I had a dream that at work we were selling a horse lasagne. Then it wasn't a dream.

I can't remember any especially weird dreams I've had lately, not like last time we did this (which wasn't even long ago was it?)
I'm sure I'll remember p one later when I'm in no position to post it.
I like bears.
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

I often dream about mysteriously becomnig naked in public, losing my footwear or carrying a pillow with me. I haven't had dreams like that in a while, though.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

My dreams are weird and usally forgettable when I wake up.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I apparently started laughing, talking and making a weird "Haaaaaa..." noise in my sleep last night. I remember a dream involving asking someone what their banana's name was, and drawing sunglasses on a drawing of an eyeball that was blinking and talking to me. I think I was in a basement.

If I wasn't me I'd be a bit weirded out to be sleeping with me by now. Apparently pregnant women can get some whacked-out dreams, so I'm blaming my sweet little parasite.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Sades wrote: so I'm blaming my sweet little parasite.
Maternal love is boundless ;)

*drops smoke bomb and disappears*

Can't believe I remembered my password for this account. Good thing too, as it was linked to an old email account I no longer use.
Strafe. You're a dick. Ishin_ookami - Dec 1st 2003
Hound

Post by Hound »

We would have fixed it.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Oh I'm sure it woulda been "fixed."

:p

In unrelated news holy crap my signature is old.

/threadjacked

*edit* A signature I didn't bother to post that is. Sigh...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Hey dude, howya doin? :)
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Denyer wrote:Hey dude, howya doin? :)
Doing well my friend. It has been far too long. How are you?

The recent MTMTE comics have compelled me to return to the fold. Deliciously good stuff in all honesty. Not just a good tf comic but a great comic independent of any tie-in. In any case I've begun pulling up a barstool at Transfans again.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It *is* really nice to be able to say that -- that "this is a good comic, not just a good showing for X franchise".

I seem to have gone into fraud/IT auditing more-or-less by accident. You were... heading into the legal business IIRC?