Photoshoppers, I need your help!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Notabot

Photoshoppers, I need your help!

Post by Notabot »

After 6 years of thinking about it, I'm finally going to get myself some business cards. Vistaprint has some nice designs, but nothing that really works for what I'm looking to do. I can upload my own image, but I don't have photoshop, and Microsoft Paint doesn't really do much as far as gradients and such.

So, if you have time and skill and would be willing to help me, I'm looking for a nice, simple, not-boring-but-not-busy background for a business card. I had originally thought of either a parchment look or a stone look, but I'm open to other ideas as well. It's supposed to be 1062 X 615 pixels, and a border is fine if you like. I'll be putting our church logo cross on it (probably blue, but it can also be red, green, or purple), but that's about the only other graphic that will be on it.

Thanks for any ideas or help you can provide. Feel free to post ideas in the thread or PM them to me. JPG is preferred. The winning designer will receive a finished business card WHICH WILL REVEAL TO THEM MY TRUE IDENTITY! :)
poyguimogul

Post by poyguimogul »

having the cross logo available to put on the card as well as an idea of how many lines of text there will be, and where.

like i.e. Bob Smith
Hope Lutheran Center
123 Random Road (can also skip physical address)
Random town, KY (replacing with Website / Facebook / etc)
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Basically the left side of the business card will be filled with text (inserted later by the Vistaprint program) and the right side will be open for the graphic.

This is the cross that can be recolored several different ways:
Edit: Just received word that the official logo is not to be used on personal business cards, so that one's off the table.

This is another choice for the logo, but wouldn't be recolored:

Sorry if those are ridiculously huge for the post, but I figured for graphic work it's better to be too big than to try to stretch out something too small.