Latest DVD Purchases

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Re: Latest DVD Purchases

Post by HeavyArms »

The Host, Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge, Midway, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War -
Bought all of these during a one day 30% off sale at JB HiFi, with Midway being particularly timely with the anniversary being this weekend.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes - The first City Hunter anime produced since 1999 in the... uh.... prime City Hunter timeline? Setting Angel Heart in an alternate timeline probably kept series creator Tsukasa Hojo from being lynched by the fans, but still, thinking about an action/comedy series with multiple different timelines is doing my head in.

Really good movie, though.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Watched the first episode of Defenders of the Earth a while ago and was impressed at how ridiculously compressed the storytelling was. So since eBay has been throwing around £5 and £10 vouchers, I've picked up a box set.
CharlizeBaker
Protoform

Post by CharlizeBaker »

Sunstreaker2 wrote: Tue May 01, 2012 4:55 pm We've got threads for Transformers, non-Transformers toys, and video games, but not for DVDs!

My most recent DVD acquisitions are the Riddick Trilogy set and a 3 pack of JCVD movies (Kickboxer, Replicant, and Universal Soldier). That should give an idea of the kind of movie I buy. :p
olds here :D
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Dragon Ball Super: Part 2 (Episodes 14-26) - Bought for half-price from eBay and is the last of the Super parts that I was after.

Inuyasha: Complete Adventures (Episodes 1-167 + Final Act 1-26) - Bought an out-of-print boxset from JB Hi-Fi.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I've bought up a few BBC comedy shows aired over the last 20 years pulled from online services for various shades of perceived racism, before they're erased from history. The Mighty Boosh (for the 'spirit of Jazz' - not really racist, but cultural appropriation for surreal musical comedy purposes) and The League of Gentlemen (for 'Papa Lazarou' a demonic circus ringmaster painted up like the world's most frightening clown - it's black face make up - although a smaller gag about the forthright vicar doing a charity drive to 'bring back the slave trade' caught my eye) - but only the first 2 series and the Christmas Special, as it's all downhill after that until the recent anniversary specials. Also picked up the first 2 series of Mitchell & Webb. Who seem to have escaped the purge of old TV shows, despite a gag involving David Mitchell wearing a burka. They won a Bafta, you know. Because we understood things like context up until 2009.Sigh. What a world.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Deep Blue Sea / Deep Blue Sea 2, Deadwood: The Movie, Little Monsters - Bought as part of a 3 for $40 sale at JB Hi-Fi.

The Invisible Man (2020) - Bought during a 20% off sale at JB Hi-Fi.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Game Of Thrones seasons 6, 7, 8 - Bought from JB Hi-Fi during a 'Buy 2, Get 1 Free' sale.

Sonic The Hedgehog - 20% off from JB Hi-Fi.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Got the new remastering of The Howling. Officially the second best werewolf film of 1981, but it's also the one not directed by the guy who once decapitated some kids and fathered Max Landis. So, I think it probably wins by default now. And it is a very good film still.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

The Howling is bloody awesome! Haven't seen that for years. Sequels are all awful though.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Vaguely remember VI (The Freaks) being alright as a kid.

Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, some more old Cradle of Filth discs to go with PanDaemonAeon (Heavy, Left-Handed and Candid + Peace Through Superior Firepower) and a box set of Victorian Kitchen Gardens plus the two BBC series that followed it. Also have most of 'Allo 'Allo to get back to at some point.

Still enjoying DotE as background noise mostly at the moment though. The trouble is I lose track of where I am in things.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Chernobyl, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing - One of these was free during a JB Hi-Fi sale.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 2 - Finally got around to ordering this one from Sanity.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

HeavyArms wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:40 pm Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 2 - Finally got around to ordering this one from Sanity.
Which version?
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

angloconvoy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:21 am
HeavyArms wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:40 pm Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 2 - Finally got around to ordering this one from Sanity.
Which version?
The 2012 Nickelodeon version.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Haven: Season 4, Haven: Season 5 - Part A & B - One of these was free during a JB Hi-Fi sale.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

The Hunt, Jay & Silent Bob: The Reboot & The Gentlemen.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Batman: The Complete Classic Television Series - Got it at 30% off during a sale.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Thunderbirds (50th Anniversary Edition) - Bought from eBay.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Continuing my buy up of old British TV comedy before it gets cleansed and controlled from the online world.

Peep Show series 1 - 7 Box Set - I recently rewatched the entire 9 series run on All4 and had forgotten how brilliant this was. Never did very well in the ratings - a lot of people didn't get the POV shooting style and hearing the characters thoughts. Not got around to watching too many of the extras, bit have checked out those on Series 1 - Jez's music video and Big Brother audition tape, plus Mark's video CV which I loved for celebrating his mediocre work performance.

Father Ted Series 1 - 3 Box Set - One of the finest sitcoms ever written. Probably unlikely to invite the wrath of liberal wokeness, unless someone decides it promotes the Catholic Church or something, but as this 2007 collection was the price of a pint, I couldn't say no.