Lord of the Rings Toys

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sir Auros

Lord of the Rings Toys

Post by Sir Auros »

So I've been moving my collection to the basement (still on display, just displaced) for the past two weekends in between bouts of Skyrim, and I remembered how much I like my LOTR collection. I don't have every figure, but I did end up with lots, and while dusting them off and putting them back on shelves in a new arrangment, I was struck by how awesome most of them are.

They're a great mix of articulation and detail, and really show what Toy Biz was capable of in their prime. It's really a shame that they don't exist anymore and that their other great line (Marvel Legends) was taken over and sunk by Hasbro.

Speaking of Hasbro lines that kind of suck now, most of the Transformer Classics figures were poo, weren't they? I put several in tupperwares rather than move them down for redisplay, but I honestly want to put more of them away once I started putting them on shelves.

Anyway, am I the only one here who collected those and still has them?
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

I have only two. Aragon with his king armor suit riding Hasufel with Anduril on his right hand. Another one is Gondor knight riding a running horse with a spear and shield. They are really beautiful and I put them beside my monitors at work. Behind them is Minas Tirith from the DVD collector set.

I really love them, but I cannot compare them to TFs because mine are display pieces and have little but not much articulations.
AmeliaN
Protoform

Post by AmeliaN »

I have nothing but always was dreaming to have one. But actually my children like The lord of the rings and always ask me o purchase one.