My New Car!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Catalyst Dragon

My New Car!

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Well, not new, it's 28 years old. But it's one I've been searching for for the past 5 years.

It's a 1982 Datsun 280ZX. One of the talking Z-Cars!
And it's the 3-speed automatic model which makes it quite rare.

Up until finding this one, all the others I'd found were in terrible shape, didn't run and the sellers wanted over $1000 usd.
This one runs great, just has a minor exaust leak and the back windshield was busted out by hail, but has new injectors, radiator, belts, and tires.
I only payed $800!

Plan on fully restoring it. Getting it to racing specs, though i'm not much of a speed demon, I just like my cars to be at that performance level.

It's not the best looking cosmetically atm, but I'm quite happy to have it.
If i can get my camera working I'll post some pictures of it up, but right now the snappys settings are all out of whack.

Luckily, my insurance is quite cheap, even for a sports car. I guess being over the 25 year mark helps. The same company that's quoting me $200/per 6 months now, once quoted me over $900/per 6 months 2-3 years ago!

Just as useful is theres a automotive shop, Black Dragon Automotive, that's store is only about 4 and a half hours drive from me. They deal almost exclusivly with Datsuns 240's through 280 and Mazdas(RX7/ect...)

I've started making a list of all the parts and work it needs, so far I've racked up about a $4000 shopping list.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.