Have you ever been in a state of awe when listening to compositions from movies.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Skidmark

Have you ever been in a state of awe when listening to compositions from movies.

Post by Skidmark »

I've been listening obsessively to a couple scores in the recent days. Steve Jablonsky's Arrival to Earth and Clint Mansell's Requiem for a Dream. I couldn't help but stare at the monitor into total amazement and awe as a wave of emotions was hitting me over and over. I almost felt a tear come out but held it back. Do you guys ever go through this experience when listening to such beautiful music?
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Do you guys ever go through this experience when listening to such beautiful music?
:up:
The scene in Jaws where Brody is at the kitchen table with his son made me cry. I freely admit that. For years I searched for that specific accompanying piece, and was not able to find it until either the 25th or 30th anniversary special edition of the soundtrack, which included that, and the rest of the music remained loyal to the actual film sequence and running lengths.

There was also a scene in Hannibal during the Italian play where the opera singers were doing their version of a piece from Dante's Inferno. I could hear Hannibal's heart beating for Clarice begging forgiveness for what he is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

You got a friend in me from Toy Story always makes me cry, it just makes me feel so happy.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

The sex scene in the first Highlander film to the instrumental bit of 'Who wants to live forever'. I try and recreate it but that scene's at least four times too long, plus I'd need someeone else there.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

If I wore a hat, I'd take it off to you for that. :)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I was in awe when watching Aliens yesterday. Awe that Horner got paid for reusing chunks of his Star Trek scores. And on a similar note it always tickles me that hardcore badass action movie Predator has basically the same theme as wacky time travel comedy Back to the Future.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

inflatable dalek wrote:I was in awe when watching Aliens yesterday. Awe that Horner got paid for reusing chunks of his Star Trek scores.
Oddly enough, I noticed this as well- I was watching Aliens yesterday, and during the Newt rescue scene, I was like "hey, wait- that's "Battle in the Mutara Nebula" playing!" I've watched Aliens so many times; I'm surprised I never noticed it before.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I always get taken out of the Bishop saves the day bit because it sounds as if some Klingons are about to turn up.