[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Civ Beyond Earth is really good now that they've got the first DLC on the table. After years of wanting it, you can finally build on water!

Beat Fallout 4 tonight. Was altogether disappointed with the game. After playing Witcher 3, the experience just wasn't up to par. I will likely appreciate the game more six months from now once some DLC is out and modders do Bethesda's job for them. Course now that I've beat it, I have no idea what to play.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Notabot wrote:I got Little Big Planet 3, and it's been super fun so far. Seems to have brought back the random quirkiness of 1. Then again, I'm only a couple levels in, so can't judge it completely yet.
Also discovered that the PS4 requires PSPlus for online multiplayer. Grrrr. I'm not that into online gaming, but thought I'd give the 30 day trial a whirl. Someone I was talking to said they got their 12 month subscription for $30 on amazon. Do they go on sale pretty frequently?
Sometimes they go on sale. The lowest I've seen is $40. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I find anything.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Much appreciated! I'm hoping that they'll drop around Christmas, but it would probably be better marketing NOT to since a lot of people will be eager to buy whatever the cost.

I did use the free trial and did some online multiplayer in Destiny. It was kind of fun, but I still prefer single-player. I did manage to not take last on one round, though. Which in my book is nearly as good as a platinum trophy!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

So as it turns out, on LittleBigPlanet 3, you can unlock the SKINNY PUPPY MUSIC TRACK!!!! I was playing and thought, "I know that song, but can't place it." And honestly, Skinny Puppy isn't the first band to come to mind when playing LBP. UNEXPECTED AWESOMENESS!!!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I got Rise of the Tomb Raider and Transformers: Devastation both pretty good games. I finally got Life is Strange: Season One working and it's one of the best games I've ever played in a long time.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Killzone: Shadowfall

WWE 2K15

Both PS4 games were bought at EB Games at one point or another in the last seven days, both with discounted prices.
Destruction is my specialty
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

So I wandered into the retro game store, and finally found one of the three Game Boy games I've been looking for.

Star Trek 25th Anniversary: One of the games I got a new Game Boy SP specifically to play was my old copy of Star Trek 25th Anniversary, as well as Batman. Batman worked fine, and is still a lot of fun to play. Star Trek....... Not so much. I plugged in the cart, turned it on, got the screen with the game title.... and that's it. Cleaning didn't help. So I started hoping another copy would turn up. Yeah, it'd be easier to just hit eBay, but the priority level was fairly low. I just happened to wander in last night, looked through the Game Boy games(which I hadn't done in months), and there it was. It's still fun. Although my new copy has a Game Genie sticker with the codes on the back. I didn't know they made a Game Genie for the Game Boy.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Picked up Assassin's Creed Unity.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Got it for Christmas, really enjoying it. One thing I am trying to figure out is how to equip Evie's Steampunk outfit. It's downloaded, it's installed, but I have no clue how to swap that skin in.

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson - if it's as fun as Burst was, I'll enjoy it. Once it finishes downloading. EDIT: it is as much fun as Burst, but holy CRAP is it hard. Well, the first boss battle is, at least. I think part of it is due to the game being more of a 2.5D platformer than Burst was.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition - Bought last weekend at EB Games.

Far Cry 4 Complete Edition - Gifted to my self for Christmas.

Saints Row 4 Complete Edition - Paid off as a Lay-By from Big W.

Also been hammering out multiple quests on Borderlands 2 to level up, currently level 48.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Got Diablo III on the 360 from my wife and boy for Christmas. I sunk so many hours into Diablo II on the PC a decade ago that I wasn't sure how I'd take to playing it on a console, but you know what? I actually think I like it better this way!

I heard a lot of bitching about the simplified skill tree and stat system when the game came out, and in theory I miss the customization opportunities the old game provided. But the truth is that in D2 you pretty much needed to follow a cookie-cutter template anyway if you wanted your character to be useful at all at high levels, so in practice all they've actually done is automate the process of doing what everyone was doing anyway.

Haven't gotten too far into it yet, but so far it feels a lot like playing the old games, just with a bit more polish. It's cool to see Tristram and fight King Leoric again. Hopefully I'll get to revisit some of foes and locations from the second game too.

If the past is any indication I'll do a playthrough with each character class, but for now I'm going with a Crusader since I was a big Paladin player in the last game.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Got Elder Scrolls Online from the wife for Christmas and Transformers Devastation as part of XBL's Countdown.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

A few weeks ago, I picked up a used copy of GTA:V for the PS4, mainly because in moving I seem to have misplaced my PS3 copy. I get the double bonus of getting to use my old character(I missed driving my Sabre Turbo around San Andreas), but since my PS3 has such a tiny hard drive, I was able to delete the gigantic save file the PS3 version needed.

Yes, it's roughly the same size on the PS4, but the PS4's hard drive is huge compared to the PS3's. So I redownloaded some games that I had to take off.

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - if you like the Freelance Police, then you'll like this. Although whoever thought of giving a sociopathic rabbity-thing psychic powers must have been insane. Yup, this is gonna be fun.

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock - I'm giving this one another chance. I enjoyed it the first time I had it on there, right up until the point the partner A.I. suddenly got very dumb. Or there was a glitch. I'm not sure which it was. I've got hordes of Cybermen advancing on me, I'm illuminating the lock River needs to shoot with the sonic..... And River just stands there. If I switch to River, the Doctor stops illuminating the lock. Blasted co-op concept.

HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Not a great game, really it's average at best, but it was reasonably cheap so why not.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Gamestop had a sale on the Hyrule Edition of the New 3DS XL, and with trades, I was able to upgrade my system for cheaper than a repair on my old Link Between Worlds system. Eventually I will get it repaired, but for now it's nice to have a new (upgraded) system for cheap. The system transfer didn't take long, but I wasn't able to transfer a couple games since my 16GB SDHC card on the old system was half full, and the new card was only a 4GB MicroSD. That'll be the next thing to upgrade.

Cool system though, and the processing is much faster than the old one.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Been playing Android ports of Dragon Quest I,II and III. Finished the first 2 and started the third one. I'm having a lot of fun with these.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Currently playing Happy Home Designer. The title doesn't lie, I find it oddly soothing to be rearranging furniture for little animals.
Hound wrote:Been playing Android ports of Dragon Quest I,II and III. Finished the first 2 and started the third one. I'm having a lot of fun with these.
YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING THE BABYYYYYYY :p

ganon578 wrote:Gamestop had a sale on the Hyrule Edition of the New 3DS XL, and with trades, I was able to upgrade my system for cheaper than a repair on my old Link Between Worlds system
:up:
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Hound

Post by Hound »

Sades wrote:YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING THE BABYYYYYYY :p
I am! I've completed 3 games in the last year because I can't spare any more time because baby.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Dammit! I had the perfect response to what you said you were going to post, but it won't work with what you actually posted. You suck.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I've been playing and enjoying Destiny on the PS4, but discovered another obnoxious element to online gaming. Besides crazy-long load times and rude/hypercompetitive/inept opponents, there's also the fun little fact that if Bungie, PlayStation, my internet provider, or my home network have any problems, you can't play! At all. Not even an option to do some offline solo work. Just a message to check back later, thanks for trying.
Thankfully LittleBigPlanet 3 is online-optional. Fewer headshots, but highly enjoyable.