[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Post by Sades »

ganon578 wrote:Yeah, there are literally dozens out there. It makes some sense then, that Nintendo made interchangeable faceplates for the New 3DS regular edition. Then you can swap whatever you want, without being tied to any one particular hard-to-find system.
If you don't mind the downgrade. :p Ehhhh by the time it's time to upgrade to the next generation, it'll probably be an available option.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finished The Last Of Us on Survival +, barring the Left Behind DLC, which I'll get to later. The second part of the Highway section wasn't as bad as I remember and the Hospital wasn't to annoying, so all in all, a good experience with a slight hankering to go through it again on a much lower difficulty and have some fun with it, but probably won't.

Will be going back to Borderlands 2 to get some characters leveled up and play the rest of the DLC.
Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought Sunset Overdrive (X One) last Sunday at Big W as it had a massive price cut and Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition (X One) on Thursday at listed price.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Legends Of Chima: Laval's Journey (Vita) came in the mail from ebay.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Currently sicker than a dog, in between bouts of coughing up my lungs and ingesting lovely peppermint tea I've been playing Sims 3 (when able). Money cheat, natch.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Metro Redux - A prettied up release of two games that were released on the X 360.

Fallout 4 EB Games Nuke Pack - The long-awaited sequel to Fallout 3, this one is set in Boston. It also came with a Pip-Boy bobble-head and steelbook.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Finished the main storyline in Arkham Knight this past weekend. It was an excellent game that I can easily recommend to anyone that would be interested. I did quite a few of the side missions too, but there are still some trophies out there that I will eventually get. Not the Platinum though, I have no ambition to hunt down 250 ? Trophies around Gotham.

Otherwise, going to pick up my reserved (and paid for!) copy of Battlefront tonight for the PS4. It's getting good reviews, but not outstanding. I'll probably find it fun either way.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Story of Seasons. WOOO FARMING, ALRIIIIIIGHT.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Snoopy's Grand Adventure - it's a fun game. Playing makes me smile. And I'm glad I got it for the 3DS, because the console review I saw for it, the reviewer is praising the graphics, the gameplay, the sheer enjoyment he was getting out of the game. And it killed him that he couldn't recommend it, because to get 100% completion might take 3 hours, and for a 50 to 60 dollar console title, that's terrible. For a 30 dollar portable that I don't feel I need to batter my way through quickly, it's fine.

SDF Macross - A while ago, I got a Generation Nex, a wonderful little system made by a now defunct company called Messiah. It's a Nintenclone console, having the colors and look of the old NES console but in a smaller package. In addition to playing most of the NES library, it has a separate slot for Japanese Famicom cartridges. And will connect to the Famicom Disk System add on, from what I've read. Anyway, I've finally started getting Famicom carts, the first one being Macross. It's fun, like playing Gradius using Jetfire instead of a star fighter. I'm still wondering why Harmony Gold didn't try bringing this game over when Robotech was on the air.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I picked up Watch Dogs for really cheap, and wish I hadn't. Sooooo much gratuitous language, frustrating controls, and a main character that I dislike intensely. "Hey, I was committing crimes, and it caused my niece to die. I'M GONNA GET WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR... oh, that would be me." I haven't even gotten to any gratuitous nudity yet, and won't be getting there either. Blech all around!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Fallout 4 on Xbox One and damn this might be Bethesda's best game yet. It has probably their best story and voice acting to date.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Playing Skyrim again. Though I mainly use it as a bowhunting sim.

Darn you Fallout people with your Fallout 4.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Playing Battlefront. It's fun, if a bit shallow. The modes are OK, but it's really just variations on the same thing. It's a shame there isn't more solo stuff to do besides a handful of 'training missions', so you're left with Multiplayer only. It's easy enough to jump in and out of, but I find my skill level topping out just like in every other FPS game I have played - my kill:death ratio is essentially 1:1. Alas, it's Star Wars, so that makes it fun. And it's beautiful!

Also playing Mario Maker, for the sole reason that it's just fun to build and play user-made levels. Plus, I keep coming back to the 100 Mario Challenge, just to unlock new 8-bit costumes for Mario. Just last night I unlocked a modern-colored Mario and Mario Kart Mario. Nintendo just knows how to make games.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Picked up Destiny: Legendary edition on Black Friday deals. It came in the mail today. So far it's a totally awesome... progress bar. 15 hour "update" when I put the disc in for the first time. Talk about disappointing! I miss being able to put in a disc or cartridge and... play a game.
Also got a second controller for cheapish so I can do two person Disney Infinity 3.0 now. Looking forward to that.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I bought the first season of Life is Strange last night for Xbox One and all I get every time I try and start it up all I get is that it needs an update and that doesn't work. I went to the Xbox website and tried everything suggested there except the last one because I don't have a flash drive. Might as well uninstall it instead of it sitting there taking up space on my HD.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

So while I was at the mall, poking around and looking for Christmas gifts, I got something I didn't think I'd see on disc over here, and it was cheap enough I got a copy for myself and one as a gift.

Doctor Who - The Adventure Games: ah, Amy Pond....... Eh, uhm, yes. Fun games. My one complaint is that instead of the front end with all the games in it, each game is separate.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

That's a bugger, Life is Strange is excellent! Maybe if you uninstall it for now, the next patch to either the game or your firmware will do the trick?
I like bears.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I got Little Big Planet 3, and it's been super fun so far. Seems to have brought back the random quirkiness of 1. Then again, I'm only a couple levels in, so can't judge it completely yet.
Also discovered that the PS4 requires PSPlus for online multiplayer. Grrrr. I'm not that into online gaming, but thought I'd give the 30 day trial a whirl. Someone I was talking to said they got their 12 month subscription for $30 on amazon. Do they go on sale pretty frequently?
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

My best friend came over last night with my Christmas present, and he'd gotten me an Xbone with Dragon Age: Inquisition and Shadows of Mordor. Can not wait.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I kinda had a hankering to play Civilization, but didn't want to play Revolution (which I've played repeatedly to the point of having beaten the game twice over with every character... so I'm a little sick of it now) and I don't own any other Civ games, so I went online and picked the first free browser-based game that was "Like Civilization", had good reviews and didn't look like it was going to have a high amount of pay-to-play content. That turned out to be The Settlers Online. I'd say it's more like the Sim City series in areas than Civ.

A little perk for me that I hadn't even considered until I started playing is that I don't have to pay full attention to it (So far, at least. I've not been playing for very long. If that changes in later gameplay I'm going to be kinda limited but eh). So far, I can leave it running in the background and be just fine.