[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
MarkNL

Post by MarkNL »

Heinrad wrote:Finally got into GTA Online, and it's a lot of fun. Although my in-game insurance company may not like me too much. I went through 2 cars today.
Awesome! Are you on PS3 or XBOX?
If anyone wants to play some GTA Online on PS3 with me, just add me. PSN: markie15.
Btw: the people who've played GTA Online this month will get a free bank deposit on their GTA Online account of $250000 this week and another $250000 in a couple of weeks.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Started playing an old game I picked up awhile ago up never played called Singularity. It's like BioShock, Fallout, and Metro had a baby, freaking awesome stuff and I highly recommend it.

Question. I've had my fun out of the GTAV campaign and once Xbox one gets here I won't play this at all. Should I just go ahead and trade it into GameStop because it's worth a whopping $33 right now?

Also if your GameStop/EBgames/Game store has Dualshock 4 controllers they can sell them as they have no street date. They work with the PS3 too but just not with every game. There is no Sixaxis support, or analog button* support, and you have to use it wired but it still beats Dualshock 3 IMO. :up: Soon as I can I'm getting one. Uncharted 1-3, the last of us, and Killzone 3 all support Dualshock 4 but I don't recomend using it for Uncharted 1 as you won't be able to throw grenades or cross logs. Also with the last of us you can't recharge you flashlight. I'm picking one up as soon as my GameStop has some in stock.

*just want to point out Analog buttons are the kind 360/PS3 use. They allow pressure to be recorded and then applied in game. So if a game says hold X to jump higher it won't work with Dualshock 4, and racing games that use the face buttons won't work with it either. Just for an example the Wii U has digital buttons as well.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:Question. I've had my fun out of the GTAV campaign and once Xbox one gets here I won't play this at all. Should I just go ahead and trade it into GameStop because it's worth a whopping $33 right now?
Only if you're sure you won't play it or regret that you sold it. I personally have sold off some games just to buy them back a few years later. Though from that angle, if you're not wanting to play it now, you could get the trade-in value, then just buy it back later when it drops to $20.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Going in for a DualShock 4 it is! I'll edit this post or make a new one once I get it to let you all know how it is. :up:
Clay

Post by Clay »

SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS!!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition on the PS3 last night and the statue that came with it was bigger than expected.

Also, I may take advantage of the PSN Horror Sale and buy Hotline Miami and the House Of The Dead bundle.
Destruction is my specialty
MarkNL

Post by MarkNL »

Clay wrote:SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS!!
Agreed! Let's crush the Imperial swines!!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I'm currently playing Dragon Age II: Mark of the Assassin DLC. My current Hawke just made Isabela fall in love with her and now Hawke is shamelessly flirting with Talis.

The lines between them about it is priceless.

Talis: "So is it's true about you?"
Hawke: "What do they say about me?"
Isabela: "That she's into rouges namely Ravini rouges."
Talis: "I see."

Of course if I hadn't taken Isabela my Hawke gets a kiss from Talis at the end.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

In the spirit of Halloween (and due to a $10 Nintendo eShop sale) I downloaded Resident Evil: Revelations on the 3DS. I've been impressed with the game so far. Very atmospheric and great graphics for a portable game. My shooting ability sucks, so I've started on Casual for a first playthrough.
The PS3 KILLeR wrote:I'm sorry this isn't a knock at you, but MW3 was complete and total crap. At least when stacked up to Cod 4, MW2, and Blops1. That games' multiplayer was so unbalanced and unfair, it's almost like they did it as a bad joke.
No offense taken. MW3 is my only experience with CoD, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I've always heard BlOps 1&2 are good, but they're always low on the priority list for new game acquisitions. In time, I may have to scope them out (pun intended).
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

I'll let you know how good Cod Ghosts is on my Xbox one in all it's 720p glory. :lol: Seriously though the 22nd can't get here fast enough. I think I actually get to pick up my copy of Ghosts on the 5th, so I'll have a game 3 weeks before my system!:eek:
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Took advantage of the Halloween PSN special and bought Hotline Miami and the House Of The Dead bundle.
Destruction is my specialty
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

How is Hotline Miami? I've thought about picking that up myself.

I bought myself one of the shiny new model PS Vitas. Lovely piece of kit.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Picked up Batman: Blackgate for the 3DS. It's fun. I'm impressed with how they managed to replicate the look of the main Arkham series. My only complaint is the controls aren't really as responsive as they could be. The free flow combat system works quite well.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Sades

Post by Sades »

My fantastic husband picked up GTA V for me. I will now attempt to spend most baby naptimes playing GTA V... and maybe sometimes play it while she is busy with her playmat or jumperoo.

My only problem so far is that our shitty old TV is too small, so I can't read or see any of the beginning instructions that tell you which buttons to press. I'm doing a lot of button mashing.

I told Hound that we need to buy a bigger TV now, and he was like "Haha. That's not something you usually hear a wife say". Cause, you know... he's a jerk. :p

We picked up a wifi receiver for the 360 about a week and a half ago and I only bothered to plug it in and get it set up last night, when I wanted to play GTA. My 360 hadn't been online since 2010 before that, and that coupled with the install disc for GTA V... Holy installs and updates, Batman.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Did anyone find Arkham Origins a bit boring? Other then the Firefly boss battle I found it a bit underwhelming.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Viewfind wrote:Did anyone find Arkham Origins a bit boring? Other then the Firefly boss battle I found it a bit underwhelming.
Haven't played it yet, and I have been lukewarm on looking forward to it. I will most likely wait until it's $20-30. Most of the reaction on the internet (gaming site reviews included) have been identical to yours.

In my world I have been playing Resident Evil: Revelations on the 3DS, and due to a recent sale at TRU, I played and finished the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the 3DS... in 4-ish hours. I didn't expect much; figured it would be aimed at a younger audience, and it is. The levels and story were boring, the combat was repetitive, collision detection was iffy at times, and the Turtle AI was abysmal. Switching Turtles on the fly is pretty awesome, but differences between their styles is subtle. I can't recommend this to any of the seasoned gamers here, but it does scratch the Turtle itch a bit, if you have one. I plan on trading this one in soon, though. However, that same sale netted me Scribblenauts: Unmasked, which I started and am enjoying already.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Quite a haul this weekend, somewhat unintended:

A World of Keflings (free with Gold on the 360)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (3DS - 2 for $40 sale)
Scribblenauts: Unmasked (3DS - 2 for $40 sale)
The Legend of Zelda (3DS/NES VC - Club Nintendo coins from recent 3DS purchases!)
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I finished Shadow of the Colossus, and just got Tiger Woods PGA '13, so that's in and started. I hate real world golf, but I really enjoy video game golf. Especially the ridiculous outfits video golfers get to wear!

Since Golf isn't the most engaging game, I'll probably start something soon with a plotline. I'm thinking either Starcraft II or Skyward Sword. That way I don't have to change discs on the PS3 from golf. I'm so lazy.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Picked up Battlefield 4 on 360, couldn't hold off till the 22nd for the story as I'm a sucker for military dramas. I kept my Xbox One copy of BF4 as well and I'm giving my 360 one to a friend since he can only afford 1 game with his Xbox One and this way he can upgrade to the X1 version for only $10.

As for the game It's VERY easy even on HARD! Then again you can't play it like a COD game and I don't, just take cover and and avoid close range if possible and you should do fine. It controls beautifully, and the weapons have realistic recoil and they just feel great to shoot. Multiplayer is still BF MP on current gen with the player cap being 24 instead of 64 like PC and next gen. It's really hard to find people on these huge maps but almost triple the player count should help fill that. If you are a BF fan I would say this is the best BF to date and you shouldn't miss it for anything. Also the textures look like crap on current gen.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Notabot wrote:I finished Shadow of the Colossus, and just got Tiger Woods PGA '13, so that's in and started. I hate real world golf, but I really enjoy video game golf. Especially the ridiculous outfits video golfers get to wear!

Since Golf isn't the most engaging game, I'll probably start something soon with a plotline. I'm thinking either Starcraft II or Skyward Sword. That way I don't have to change discs on the PS3 from golf. I'm so lazy.
How was Colossus? I downloaded it a few months ago during a $10 PSN sale, and kind of started it, but left it to pursue other games. It seems really cool though.

I haven't played Starcraft II, but Skyward Sword was a worthwhile play (I am a huge Zelda fan though) that I thoroughly enjoyed.