[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I bought Injustice: Gods Among Us Collectors Edition, a great fighting game from the creators of Mortal Kombat, Nether realm Studios.
Destruction is my specialty
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Any PS3 exclusive game you guys recommend? I feel so bad for my PS3 as ive not bought a new game for it in at least a year, and i only have a few. Ive all uncharted, ive played all resistance, heavy rain, killzone, socom4, little big planet, modnation racers, infamous, and mgs4. And im not a huge God of War fan, so ive no clue what to get. last of us looks amazing but thats months away and id like to wipe the dust off her sooner than that. Wish gamestop.com had an exclusives tab to click on for each system, id find that very usefull!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I personally like Tokyo Jungle. It's not all that technically impressive, and it's an odd little game, but I like it for that reason. Not sure it'd be your kind of thing, but you might want to check out some reviews/youtube footage.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

That is one of the strangest games i have ever seen... and i simply must play it!!! Hope it goes on sale soon because $15 is a little high price for what it is. Still its pretty cool and ive never seen anything like it.
Picked up jak and daxter hd collection, i loved these games as a kid but i never finished them. Also borrowed infamous 2 from a friend wasnt gonna play it because he spoiled the endings for me a few years ago but as long as its fun ill take the trophies!

Also tryin to deside between army of two the devils cartel and star trek for a co-op lets play on my channel, which whould you guys buy?
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I recently had the Dead Island: Riptide Steelbook Edition come in the mail. According to the reviews, the issues that plagued the original at launch are still around in the new one. Thankfully I don't play this games until months after, so maybe the issues will be fixed by then.
Destruction is my specialty
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

angloconvoy wrote:Interesting point about the VA, I quite like Mark Meer most of the time, but sometimes he sounds like he's being a petty bastard for no reason, not sure who's to blame for that (writer, director, actor) so I'm looking forward to hearing Jennifer Hale's portrayal.
Meer has said in various interviews that Shepard in ME1 was his first major role he had done work before but it was small roles. I think he did try but I perfered Hale (and I played femShep over 20 times across all 3 games) she had a great chemisty with Ali Hillis (the VA of Liara who is my favorite love intrest) and IMHO he has zero chemisty with her. His delivery of the lines that lead up to sex scene is laughably bad he sounds like a creepy dirty old man begging for sex. Hale makes those same lines sexy, sincere, funny, and with a hint of curosity. Both Hale and Hillis have stated that femShep and Liara are their favorite romance in the games.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Notabot wrote:I agree with you on the PS controller. I've never liked the feel of the Xbox controllers, but the PS ones just feel very natural and intuitive. I also appreciate that it hasn't changed all that much ergonomically in three generations. They got it pretty darn right the first shot, didn't they?
The Duelshock 3 controller feels too fragile to me, it feels like I can snap it in half with my bare hands and I wish Sony would have moved the left stick and the d-pad around. I perfer the Xbox 360 controller it feels more sturdy and feels more comfortable for me.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

For all the new stuff I've picked up on PS+ of late I've gone back to Marvel Pinball.

& Skyrim... :sick:
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I just finished Skyrim's main quest last night. I always feel like I'm walking away mid-game when I "finish" an Elder Scrolls game. Maybe if some credits rolled after the main quest is done, I'd feel more closure. Great game, though.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

HeavyArms wrote:I bought Injustice: Gods Among Us Collectors Edition, a great fighting game from the creators of Mortal Kombat, Nether realm Studios.
Yep. In my neverending quest to have more games I could possibly play, I picked that one up too. Must be because I'm a sucker for DC Comics, and the game looks fantastic anyways! I haven't played too much of it (still chipping away at Darksiders II: Argul's Tomb) but the bits I have played have been damn fun, and the story mode is surprisingly deep for a fighting game.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:The Duelshock 3 controller feels too fragile to me, it feels like I can snap it in half with my bare hands and I wish Sony would have moved the left stick and the d-pad around. I perfer the Xbox 360 controller it feels more sturdy and feels more comfortable for me.
I second that. It's not that I hate the Sixaxis/Dualshock, I just prefer the 360 feel. That is the main reason I picked up my 360 over the PS3 when I bought it a few years back.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:Meer has said in various interviews that Shepard in ME1 was his first major role he had done work before but it was small roles. I think he did try but I perfered Hale (and I played femShep over 20 times across all 3 games) she had a great chemisty with Ali Hillis (the VA of Liara who is my favorite love intrest) and IMHO he has zero chemisty with her. His delivery of the lines that lead up to sex scene is laughably bad he sounds like a creepy dirty old man begging for sex. Hale makes those same lines sexy, sincere, funny, and with a hint of curosity. Both Hale and Hillis have stated that femShep and Liara are their favorite romance in the games.
I dunno. I always thought FemShep sounded either tired or bitchy. I can understand hating either of them though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Picked up Star Trek for 360 Assassins Creed 3 for WII U, it was half off, and im downloading Farcry 3 blood dragon as i type this.
Star trek plays like a bad mass effect clone with nothing but the main story missions. basicly if ME 4 went full blown gears clone it whould be the same thing. If you enjoy the reboot movies, you may have some fun with it. Its not worth full price but if it were an arcade game id be singing a diffrent tune. And Ac3 for WII U seams like it runs smoother and a few less bumps in the road than the 360 version had. im enjoying playing it more on the gamepad. Still nothing can fix that ending...
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Downloaded Catherine off PS+ this week. 2 things. One is that it's a pretty tough game (especially those frustrating boss levels). Two is that it's just about the most messed up game I've played. I have the advantage of having lived in the Japanese culture long enough that I understand where it's coming from, but that doesn't make it any less creepy.

Also downloaded a game called Malicious. It was rubbish and I already deleted it.

The Cave is alright, like a mix of Dizzy and oldschool Lucasarts. Only being able to cary one item at a time can lead to a bit too much backtracking though.

Got bored of Lord of the Rings War in the North very quickly. It's not bad, just so painfully standard.

Thomas Was Alone is fantastic. So simple but it's really engrossing.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

I'm currently play Dragon Age: Origins-Awakening on my Xbox 360.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:I dunno. I always thought FemShep sounded either tired or bitchy. I can understand hating either of them though.
I can too. I generally don't like playing as renegade/dark side/evil characters for a number of different reasons and Hale's renegade Shepard reminds me of her performance as Killer Frost in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited it's cool in short bursts but it can get annoying after awhile.

I tend to play games where if I have a choice between a female and a male character I seem to always pick a female character (only play male characters to get achievements/trophies that if I want I have to play as a male character) and all of these games are mostly RPGs.

I have played one male Grey Warden all the way through Dragon Age: Origins and it's assorted DLC and one male character through Fable II and I had him drink the sex change potion in the castle after the final boss battle.

I never played a male character in Fable III, Dragon Age II, Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning, Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Skyrim. I only seem to play male characters where there is no choice of gender and in games like The Witcher 2 I tend to get bored with them very easily and never want to finish them or replay them.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

All the Marvel and Star Wars Zen pinball tables are on sale on iOS this weekend, so it Mass Effect: Infiltrator.

Also, Steam's May the forth Star Wars sale includes KOTOR 1 and 2. So tons of new games for me.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I got Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance a couple of days ago. Man this game is insane. Everything goes at such a high pace that I have no clue as to what I'm doing from time to time and that I'm just pressing button. The final boss is pretty cheap too and after multiple times of trying to beat him, I just gave up. :p
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Got God of War Ascension as a gift and well its not too bad but not great either. It just feels like more of the same, and i swear unless you were a hardcore fan you could not tell the diffrence between this one and 3 just by looking at someone play it. Also it does this weird thing where the camera pulls way out yet your still fighting and you cant see a darn thing! Its also far too easy to lose track of where kratos is on screen during a fight with 8 or more opponents. A highlight so far was a huge nod to the orginal Total Recall movie, theres a mutant in that movie with a small man fused in his chest who is all knowing, which is exactly what this boss im talking about it. The Trophy you get for killing him is even called "Quaid!!!", at least it made me chuckle.

Also instead of double posting ill edit this post.
Changed my gamertag to match my youtube name and downloaded the newest map pack for Aliens Colonial Marines for review not looking forward to playing it. :/
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I’ve gone stupid with games buying lately. In the last month I have bought the following (all for play on the Wii)

• Bit Trip Complete
• Muramasa - The Demon Blade
• Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary
• Deadly Creatures
• The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces
• Sin & Punishment - Successor of the Skies
• Endless Ocean

and a couple of old Gamecube games:
  • R: Racing, and;
  • Godzilla - Destroy All Monsters
I also bought Goldeneye, but it doesn't work so I'm taking it back. Fair enough some of these games are quite old, but I don't mind. Only picked up Mario All-Stars today as I've gone 2D Mario crazy after playing too much NSMBWii.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie