The St Lawrence Seaways Little Secret

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
rattrap23

The St Lawrence Seaways Little Secret

Post by rattrap23 »

This is monstrous.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/Arti ... ?e=1495414

I have no doubt that they knew those bodies where there.The reason so many decedents didn’t claim those bodies is because they where probably employees of the Seaway, and where afraid to lose their jobs. It’s no local secret that the Seaway has a history of bullying people out of their land.

This makes it all the more upsetting for me because my grandfather is buried in another cemetery near the seaway. Their have been talks for years about expanding the canal big enough so that it could accommodate modern super tankers. If they did they would have to exhume my grandfather’s cemetery.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Uhhhh... it says they knew about them.

It also said they didn't know where to look for the bodies.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Blaster wrote:Uhhhh... it says they knew about them.

It also said they didn't know where to look for the bodies.
I'm sure...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

That is creepy.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

rattrap23 wrote:I'm sure...
Go out and try and find some unmarked graves, tell me how much success you have.

"There are some bodies here. Guess where."
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

The lone archaeologist has mere days to perform a rescue assessment? C'mon... If something is found, a basic coffer dam is impossible to even being to arrange and there are massive costs associated with such activity once the area is flooded (go look at the recovery works for the Aswan Dam project). And there has to be more documentary evidence? In the UK, even the supposition of a graveyard/archaeological remains will halt major building works for a time. Although it's quite likely many of the supposed missing graves have already been flooded/washed away...

It does seem a very important site, though, and it's worrying how Seaway can get away with crass lip-service.

For anyone wondering what this is about, try: http://www.heritagethorold.com/carl.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]