Here's why I hate France.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sir Auros

Here's why I hate France.

Post by Sir Auros »

All Abel ****ing does is ****ing throw you, and his ****ing throws always get ****ing priority over any other attack. Even on the easier difficulty settings, he's almost as untouchable as Seth.

If you can understand that, you're acceptably cool in my book. Unless you play as Abel, then you're a ****er.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Abel is indeed cheap, but I'm more of a Sakura person myself.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I haven't been a big fan of France since the Norman Invasion of 1066. Inconciderate of them. Completely ruined my vacation.

But I get the feeling that's not what you're talking about.........
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sir Auros wrote:All Abel ****ing does is ****ing throw you, and his ****ing throws always get ****ing priority over any other attack. Even on the easier difficulty settings, he's almost as untouchable as Seth.

If you can understand that, you're acceptably cool in my book. Unless you play as Abel, then you're a ****er.

I rock Abel.

Seth makes me cry and smash things. Apparently there's a glitch that makes him retardedly difficult on every setting. The upside is, when you do get to hard it'll be just as hard as it was on easiest.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Able isn't that hard when I've faced him. I know what you mean though. When I face a normal Sagat, the computer moves are way to fast. If I'm about to hit him, the computer can do a combo and I can't even touch him.

Hell I can't even beat Seth on a second round.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Yeah, the AI is still a ****ing cheat. I mean, damn, I encountered a double Sonic Boom, and not one after the other, I mean 2 released at the same time that they were right next to each other, and they partially overlapped.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
optimusjamie

Post by optimusjamie »

I haven't liked France since 1066 :p
Mama Luigi wrote:Or, is it the bagel?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Heinrad wrote:I haven't been a big fan of France since the Norman Invasion of 1066. Inconciderate of them. Completely ruined my vacation.

But I get the feeling that's not what you're talking about.........
Go post as Minerva... srsly.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

secretcode wrote:Yeah, the AI is still a ****ing cheat. I mean, damn, I encountered a double Sonic Boom, and not one after the other, I mean 2 released at the same time that they were right next to each other, and they partially overlapped.
It was probably an EX Sonic Boom. Two hits for the price of one...plus some of your super bar.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Is E. Honda in IV?

I used to get well annoyed with my mate who played E. Honda as I'd inevitably get wedged to one side of the screen and he'd repeatedly hundred-hand-slap me. Where's the skill in that?

And no character I picked could get me out of it. Does that make me a whiny bitch because I couldn't work an effective counter, or does it make my mate rubbish because he insisted that it was a legal move at the expense of zero skill?

I used to hate cheap tactics like that. I prefer mixing it up. "Do it with style or don't bother doing it" as a certain adage goes.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

I found that Abel was shockingly cheap when I was fighting as Guile, but I completely kicked the crap out of him with Ken/Ryu.

I seem to struggle with Zangief for some reason, I just don't like the bastard getting so close!

I didn't find Seth too bad first couple of times but, again with Guile, he becomes unstoppably cheap. The EX sonic booms he fires out are too frequent to comfortably counter using a charged special move such as Guile's own Sonic Boom or Chun-Li's Kikoken.

You guys playing on 360, how're you finding the controller?
Auntie Slag wrote:Is E. Honda in IV?

Does that make me a whiny bitch because I couldn't work an effective counter, or does it make my mate rubbish because he insisted that it was a legal move at the expense of zero skill?
Yes, he is. No, it doesn't. They have changed ol' Eddy's hundred hand slap now so it's not as easy to do (same with Blanka's electricity and Chun-Li's Kick) and the game's far nicer to play for it.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote:You guys playing on 360, how're you finding the controller?
The controller is so-so for this game. If you love the Control Stick method of play in fighting games, stick with the controller. If you prefer the D-Pad, go for one of Mad Catz' Street Fighter IV controllers, they're actually quite comfortable.

Orrrrr, If you have the money to blow, go spend $100 on the Arcade Stick.

I'm quite tempted to actually buy the game for myself soon, once I get the money for it.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Anyone from the pile of 'people who's opinions I might actually be interested in and do not currently have set to ignore' wish to chip in?
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote:I found that Abel was shockingly cheap when I was fighting as Guile, but I completely kicked the crap out of him with Ken/Ryu.

I seem to struggle with Zangief for some reason, I just don't like the bastard getting so close!

I didn't find Seth too bad first couple of times but, again with Guile, he becomes unstoppably cheap. The EX sonic booms he fires out are too frequent to comfortably counter using a charged special move such as Guile's own Sonic Boom or Chun-Li's Kikoken.

You guys playing on 360, how're you finding the controller?
The controller sticks sometimes. I make a jump or try to move and the person will not move. I hate Zangief when I don't have a shooting character. If I'm anywhere close to him when he does his green hand attack, I'm grabed right afterward.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

I guess I'll try...

I find it to be easy when it comes to everything except Ultra and Super moves. The super hadoken always ends with me doing a shoryuken instead.

Everything else is fine though.
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

I have to admit, as much I used to love Street Fighter, I just don't see me picking this up. Not at full price anyhow. Still playing Fallout and Saints Row 2 far too much to think about shelling out 45 quid on a game I know i won't sit and play for hours on end.

A shame, but there you go.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

The last boss reminds of DOA. The computer can disrupt all my moves even the ones in a combo and looks like it can pull moves that a human can't even performe. How the hell did this didn't get notice in the testings? I wish I can performe the Supers and Ultras.

I just now finally beat the guy.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

wolfbolt86 wrote:The last boss reminds of DOA. The computer can disrupt all my moves even the ones in a combo and looks like it can pull moves that a human can't even performe. How the hell did this didn't get notice in the testings? I wish I can performe the Supers and Ultras.

I just now finally beat the guy.
Reminds me of the bosses in the Tekken series. Takes so many hits, and shrugs off most of your own attacks even on the lowest of difficulty. So douchey it's not even funny.
StoneCold Skywarp wrote:Anyone from the pile of 'people who's opinions I might actually be interested in and do not currently have set to ignore' wish to chip in?
*Insert your own half-assed comeback here*
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

When I first got the game, I wasn't having much trouble pulling of Ryu's supers or ultras, but now I'm usually getting an EX dragon punch instead.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sir Auros wrote:EX dragon punch instead.

Yep. Nice when it hits though.