Marvel release 1st Wolverine:Origins trailer

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Clogs

Marvel release 1st Wolverine:Origins trailer

Post by Clogs »

For your delectation and clawful delight:

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.6407

All I can say is: bring it on! But... but is that Sabes with dark hair? Why does The Blob appear to be one of the original Black Ops team? We do have one cool ragin' Cajun there (though I guess most of the boys will be on the lookout for Emma, even if she is rather flat-chested hem-hem).

With added Wade/Deadpool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Ok. I have to see it. The part where he's a kid looks like the origin comic, when they call him James Howlett, or something. I'm pretty used to the blond Sabertooth, as well, but the guy looks appropriately menacing. I don't remember the f^&*ing Blob or Gambit having anything to do with his days before the X-men, but the movies are never like the comics (godammit!).
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

It looks good, but seriously, wheres Tyler Mane? I loved him as Sabretooth. Not as much a fan for this guy. As I've just watched Phantoms.
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

Looks okay as trailers go, hopefully Gambit will be killed during the film.

Andy
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

In a way its nice to see them distance themselves a bit from the x-men trilogy, given that only number two actually qualifies as a decent film. Tyler Mane was terrible as Sabretooth, though I think it was more a case of bad script and director rather than anything lacking on his part.

If the X-men movies are anything to go by, there's no reason they wouldn't kill Gambit.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I just think it's nice they're finally being honest and just calling it Wolverine and not keeping this "Oh yeh, it's totally about the X-Men plural" charade up.

That said, I've only seen the first one and a quarter. They're the DW TF comics of film - the first one was The Prime Directive as pretty much everyone disliked it; the second one seemed to be War & Peace, as through being the mediocre follow-up to a piece of shit a load of dumb fans hyped it right up, and I'm guessing the third one was a dull mess of pointless cameos and sideways narrative.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I like all three of 'em. Some of the hate the third one gets for not being directed by Singer is hilarious (Ratner being blamed for killing Cyclopse rather than exploring his relationship the Pheonix is my favourite, as if he had any control over the actor choosing to go make Superman instead). All three could do with a lot less Storm though. None of them are stone cold classics but are perfectly entertaining action flicks on about the same level (though 2 is marginally better).
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Third one's bobbins for loads of reasons. Most of which are nothing to do with the director.
inflatable dalek wrote:as if he had any control over the actor choosing to go make Superman instead
It's all Bryan Singer's fault.

Killing the character isn't the only option. They could have used the opportunity to stick an actual actor in the role (though, to be fair, Scott is the character in least need of an actual actor). Nobody gives a toss that Kitty looks different in all three, and you barely see anything of Marsden's face anyway.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Halfshell wrote:Killing the character isn't the only option...
But oh! How some of us cheered!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Grufflock wrote:It looks good, but seriously, wheres Tyler Mane? I loved him as Sabretooth. Not as much a fan for this guy. As I've just watched Phantoms.
Cos he is absolute bollocks maybe? Cos they would rather get an established and respected actor and sacrifice a bit of the aesthetic look than hire Tyler Mane, with all the personality of a plank of wood but able to pull off the "big and hairy" look better. I used to watch him wrestle in WCW, and he just doesnt have a personality.

Its the funny thing about comic fanboys, they demand everything to look exactly the same as the comics, but this then leads to actors being cast based purely on looks rather than talent, which then leads to film thats dreadful to watch, and then the fanboys complain.

The biggest issues people seem to have is that Sabertooth doesnt tower over Wolvie (theyre the same height) in this new film. Big Deal! Hugh Jackman is a tall guy (if any annoyance of height is gonna be made it should be towards Jackman) so if they were to hire someone taller than Jackman they would be going in to the wrestler range, and you dont want that in any film because with the exception of The Rock (who, when struggling with the acting capabilities of films hes in, manages to do alright down to his charisma) wrestlers are just flat out dreadful actors (case in point Triple H in Blade Trinity)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

CounterPunch wrote: The biggest issues people seem to have is that Sabertooth doesnt tower over Wolvie (theyre the same height) in this new film. Big Deal!
Plus they aparently put a bit of effort in the earlier films to make Jackman look smaller than the rest of the cast (mostly involving boxes and holes in the ground) so they can do the same here surely?
wrestlers are just flat out dreadful actors (case in point Triple H in Blade Trinity)

Though both Suburban Commando and Thunder In Paradise showed Hogan was indeed the greatest actor of his generation.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

http://marvel.com/movies/X-Men.X-Men_Or ... _Wolverine

A whole page of goodies for perusal. And Hugh Jackman very wild and wet and with his... claws out ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

the most important thing about this movie is Deadpool. =)
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib ... 8_full.jpg

From the Marvel website
The first poster for poster, the teaser one-sheet, for May's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" movie is here! Feast your eyes on it...!

Mark your calendars and get yourself prepared now, because when Wolverine slices and dices his way into theaters on May 1, 2009, it's going to be intense!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Fun fun fun fun fun!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.6892

Four just released stills from the up-coming movie and some updated links.

An opportunity to play 'spot the storyline'... I really think we're not going to have to be too precious about ol' Wolvie or some of the mainstream continuity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Movie leaked.

Deadpool ruined.

**** this movie.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

It was okay. On the level of all three previous X-Men movies. (I honestly can't believe that people say the third one was sooooooooo much worse. Worse than the first one? Yeahright). I enjoyed it, might even see it again (tonight was for free), so internet guys can whine all they want about ruining Deadpool (or Gambit - I stumbled on post made by some idiot who, based on that leaked version, claimed that Gambit was made gay - I was lost for words). Wade actually was quite cool in his scenes, Reynolds would work as a central character in his own movie. Schreiber was really great - if someone claims that that dumb log who was in first movie is better Sabretooth because he had blond hair, there's clearly something wrong with them.

There's a scene after the first batch of credits and another one at the very end. I read somewhere that different copies of the movie have three different scenes put at the end. If it's true, then the one I have seen was probably the least interesting one.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.