Bettie Page hospitalized - In coma (now dead RIP)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Ackula

Bettie Page hospitalized - In coma (now dead RIP)

Post by Ackula »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... wD94SUIAO0
Pinup Bettie Page hospitalized after heart attack

By JAMES BELTRAN – 15 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bettie Page, a 1950s pinup known for her raven-haired bangs and saucy come-hither looks, was hospitalized in intensive care after suffering a heart attack, her agent said Friday.

"She's critically ill," Mark Roesler of the Curtis Management Group told The Associated Press.

He said the 85-year-old had the heart attack Tuesday and was hospitalized Friday in the Los Angeles area.

A family friend, Todd Mueller, said Page was in a coma. When asked to confirm, Roesler said, "I would not deny that," but he would not comment further on her condition.

Page, a secretary turned model, is credited with helping set the stage for the sexual revolution of the rebellious 1960s. She attracted national attention with magazine photographs of her sensuous figure that were tacked up on walls across the country.

Her photos included a centerfold in the January 1955 issue of then-fledgling Playboy magazine, as well as controversial sadomasochistic poses.

Page later spent decades away from the public eye, and during that time battled mental illness and became a born-again Christian.

After resurfacing in the 1990s, she occasionally granted interviews but refused to allow her picture to be taken.

Mueller credits his business dealings with Page for bringing her out of seclusion. He said he first met her in 1989 when he offered her "a bunch of money" to show up at autograph signings.

"I probably sold 3,000 of her autographs, usually for $200 to $300," he said. "Eleanor Roosevelt, we got $40-$50. ... Bettie Page outsells them all."
Wow, I didn't know she was still alive at all, hope she gets better =/
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Wow. I honestly thought she had died. Even if this is terminal for her, I'm kind of glad she got into her eighties. She was a classy woman. And if that seems strange, check up on her life. It wasn't as seedy as you may think.
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, while I've never paid any attention to much she did after about 1960, the tone of various articles had me too thinking she was dead...

RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I didn't think she was still alive. You never hear anything about her, but her pinups are quite famous.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Clay

Post by Clay »

Gone tits up, I guess you could say...
Sades

Post by Sades »

:/

But I'm like many who didn't think she was still alive in the first place...
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

And now you're right.
Sades

Post by Sades »

*buh-dum KISHHH*

Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Sades wrote::/

But I'm like many who didn't think she was still alive in the first place...
Considering how many of those pinups had their lives end badly, it isn't really a surprise that so many thought she had already passed on.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

The reason many thought she had died was she never allowed any new pictures of herself to be taken after her career ended. And onto a different person and career choice, is Shirley Temple still alive? I never hear anything about her either.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines