RAMBO

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Grapple

RAMBO

Post by Grapple »

There are TF fans of all ages, and I don't know if any match or nearly match mine (I'm 27) but if there are, chances are that just like me, they grew up on Sly Stallone movies like the Rocky and Rambo films. What I wanted to get everyone's opinions on was the new film RAMBO (2008). Stallone reprises his role as John Rambo, the character unwittingly getting himself involved in a rescue mission to save a group of Christian missionaries in war-ravaged Burma (Myanmar).

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought this movie was utter, complete badassery. He cut the crap that was prevalent in Rambo III and simply went back to what made the character work - he was edgy, angry, disillusioned and, if pushed, completely psychotic. What's more, he ends up a hero.

Did anyone else see/like this movie?
THE POWER OF BAY COMPELS YOU!
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

I saw a couple of Rambo films.
Had no clue what was going on, but they were fun to watch
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well, I'm the same age but have never really watched any Stallone films apart from Demolition Man (good fun as long as you don't wonder to hard why anyone would want to remake Knightrider 2000) and Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot (less good fun). I generally never get past Ian Drury's bit in Judge Dredd...
Grapple

Post by Grapple »

Hmm, well being the same age and being in the UK I would have thought you'd have gotten caught up to some degree in the popularity Rocky Balboa gained over there; it did far better in the UK than it did here in the US. Back in '06, it was actually the #1 movie there for a while and fans there went wild for it.

Sounds like you've seen most of his more unfortunate films lol. But the Rocky and Rambo series were, in retrospect, sagas of some depth and genius in writing.
THE POWER OF BAY COMPELS YOU!