Brett Favre

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
starlord
Protoform

Brett Favre

Post by starlord »

Has become a jet? Okay, what are your views on this? OR, do you really care less?
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

He can still make an impact, but the Jets will be crushed by the Patriots in their division and have almost no hope of coming near either of the AFC Wildcard spots, so it won't be that big of a story. He probobly should have retired after a great season.
Old Peter
Protoform

Post by Old Peter »

Blitzwing wrote:He can still make an impact, but the Jets will be crushed by the Patriots in their division and have almost no hope of coming near either of the AFC Wildcard spots, so it won't be that big of a story. He probobly should have retired after a great season.
I agree with the Favre making an impact, but still getting crushed by the Pats. But I think the Jets have a chance at a wildcard spot. They are very similar to Tennessee and who knows how the Browns will do. They could win the division or finish last. Anderson was pretty spotty at times. Also, if Favre had retired who would SportsCenter talk about for 4 months? ;)

Old Peter
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

I think both him and the packers front office look imcompetent. He was offered 20 million to stay away, yet came back and was' in the wrong frame of mind to help this team."

It's going to be a shame to see his streak get snapped a few weeks into the season, though.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

redman prime wrote:I think both him and the packers front office look imcompetent. He was offered 20 million to stay away, yet came back and was' in the wrong frame of mind to help this team."

It's going to be a shame to see his streak get snapped a few weeks into the season, though.
I agree with the Packers looking like morons...but what does 20 million matter when he gets paid 12 million at least to play per season, with 2 years after this year on a contract? I'm sorry, if you are Green Bay...one play away from the Superbowl a year ago and Brett Favre wants to come back, you sit him down say, "All right Brett...come on back, but want you to sign this 2 year guarantee that you will fulfill the last two years of your contract, no more retirement talk, cool?" Ted Thompson wants to prove that his pick Aaron Rodgers is just as good as Favre...its no different than when Reinsdorff and Krause took the Bulls apart.
Grapple

Post by Grapple »

Two major points... Packers' moronic loss is the Jets gain, clearly. He's Brett f'n Favre. I don't care if he had a couple of rough seasons a couple of years ago, if you're a heartbeat away from the superbowl last year, you bring the man back for another chance. I think he felt burned by their hesitation, and he felt he still had more to contribute.

I'm glad he looks like a kid out there again, having tons of fun and just getting into his new job with the Jets. I like seeing him in that green and white. Reminds me of Joe Montana when he went to the Chiefs. It was a lot of great fun and not at all a dissimilar situation. Seeing Joe put on the Chiefs jersey and making the playoffs the last couple of years of his career was a very nice ending to his legendary career. I hope Favre can do the same thing with the Jets.

Also, I saw some coverage of the Jets receivers a few days ago - Brett still throws that ball with so much mustard that he's jamming and bruising their hands, something they never experienced with Pennington.
THE POWER OF BAY COMPELS YOU!
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

And now that Brady's finished, who knows what the Jets are capable of...then again, it's fantastically premature to mention the playoffs when talking about a team that was only one play away from losing to my beloved, lowly, but improving Dolphins.
Computron

Post by Computron »

From what I can gather surely the jets must have a great chance of making the playoffs now.

I don't know how long Brady is out for but I'd guess the season at least which unless the Patriots can get a half decent QB makes that whole group quite open. However I wouldn't quite rule out the patriots just yet as they do have a lot of quality receivers and as Ghostal mentioned the Jets were very close to losing to a team that just came off a shocker of a season. I doubt they will win it but they still have an outside chance of the Playoffs provided their QB's aren't completely retarded.

I actually think the Patriots will still make the Playoffs but lose badly once they get there

However I'm sadly a newbie into the World of Football (I've been following the wrong version for too many years) so lots of what I pick up comes from downloading games when I can and reading espn.com.

Plus I tend to prefer College Football over NFL
I support a ban on powerposting
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Well, I would have thought that the Jets had a chance for the playoffs with New England being crushed by a terrible Miami team this weekend, but NYJ seemed to be quite lackluster against the Chargers. Not even Favre could save them. BTW, I managed to pick up a Green Bay Favre jersey this weekend for %50 off - so it ended up being $55 for one of the nice authentic jerseys - the ones with the stitched on numbers and such...