What other toylines do you collect?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

What other toylines do you collect?

Gobots/Machine Robo etc.
9%
G. I. Joe/Action Force
12%
M. O. T. U.
4%
Marvel or DC figs
9%
Lego
23%
Thundercats
2%
Ghostbusters
1%
Star Wars
13%
Convertors
2%
Other
27%

Total votes: 128

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Pfff, http://www.bricklink.com is much more flexible... My other half did get me a tub of interesting bits from the SF Lego shop, but they overcharge for minifig stuff compared to online, and don't feature many deleted or rarely-used parts. They're a good place for picking up, well, bricks, but otherwise there're better ways of getting the stuff.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

Originally posted by Maju Garzett
Sorry for the confusion there, Zeeks.

Anyway, anyone know of a good way to make a human to hang with my TFs? I'm thinking of making me...

mask figures work with the some of the larger figures...

gi joe with some alternators...

and yes, the old johnny quest toys work well on some small scale figures... but why care about size... make the you figure capable of mass shifting n stuff... :D
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I'm making one of me out of a StormShadow I found at the local Dollar Store for $2, some epoxy, exacto knife and I'm probably going to handpaint it.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

gi joe 3 3/4 bonecrusher looks almost exactly like me- he just needs some tats and a bit of a belly (GF bought it for me because she thought it was the funniest thing- "he looks just like you! he even has skulls n' stuff!") i also carry a huge energy shotgun and wear a gas mask.. so it really is uncanny...

looking for the pic now...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Custom Title: Overlord Of OlSkool Weirdness

What Other Toylines Do U Collect?

Post by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey »

Aside from Xformers, Gobots and Converters, I was also into STAR WARS, M. A. S. K. and SECTAURS as well.
:devil: Image :angel:
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

MASK ROCKS!

i have none of the old cars left (yet another of my highschool "i too old for this- i gotta grow up" crap when i sold/donated most of my toys off... now i miss them... specially my TFS)

oh- and the aforementioned toy that looks like me- is actually Guillotine... yep... thats me...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

You know, I think I still have one thing left over from my m.a.s.k. days- this huge black hauler, and I believe the drivers name was Miles Mayhem or something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

thats his name alright... and thats one of em i used to have...

@ Machine Hunter- are the mask toons on dvd? i am looking to get the niece into the toons i watched as a kid- she's ok with TF and kinda likes the old ninja turtles... but mask would be cool!
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I have half a bazillion Legos and a whole bunch of Mega Man figures. I also have a pair of Gundam Wing figures, a DBZ figure, and other stuff I can't keep track of.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

This thread needs more cowbell...

...and a sticky. This thing is just as important as Toy Collecting Terms.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

For me its G.I.Joe, star wars, babylon 5 and, lord of the rings. I've been mainly on the Transformers though.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Other lines I collect include Buffy/Angel figures, some Marvel and DC figures, Star Wars, MOTU 2k2 line and GI Joe. If I ever get less lazy, I'll post some pictures of the wall...
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

If anyone would like to know I collect, Besides TFs, Gundam
model kits and SDs, Star Wars figures( from the 90s), Legos
(early Star Wars and Bionicle), Random GIJoes from 90s to now,
Hot Wheels cars(occasionally), and Power Rangers even.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
If I ever get less lazy, I'll post some pictures of the wall...

Yes. Pictures. Most assuredly need to be posted. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Yeah, meant to post to this… sometime… and just replied to the poll (“G.I. Joe/Action Force”, “Star Wars,” and “Other”) so, might as well now.

If we’re talking about stuff we still have from our youth, as I see some people have done (I’m the custodian of most all the action figure toys my brother and I had as kids, so these collections are mixed between the two of us, for the most part): Original Star Wars: mostly just mine; most of the figures, some of the vehicles and playsets. Masters of the Universe – quite a few figures, vehicles, and the early playsets. G.I. Joe – many figures, vehicles, a few bases, including quite a few things we picked up at garage sales in the ‘90s. We also, between the two of us, have a complete collection of the Sectaurs line (Galoob, 1985ish; insectoid people with insect partners). Most of my “G1” TFs are also from our pooled youth collection. (For a poor family, we really somehow managed to have a lot of action figures.)

As far as what I collect now: the only thing I’ve been a completist on was the G.I. Joe comic book three pack line. (I’m still trying to decide if I’m going to add the “25th Anniversary” comic two packs or not; they do look a little better than I expected, but the first wave, at least, is completely comprised of new versions of issues already covered in the three pack line, and the style is a bit – but not entirely - different.) I have several Marvel figures – mainly a few Hulk characters, and my beloved original-style Hobgoblin – but not enough to say that I collect the line. I’ve really liked the Classics line from TF, but have mainly bought characters which I didn’t already have a version of. With Star Wars, I’ve done similarly – a figure of Mace Windu, one of Padme, one of in-his-prime Obi Wan, etc. – plus other odd figures which catch my eye (Biggs Darklighter in cut scene on Tatooine outfit, McQuarrie Chewbacca, M’iiyoom Onith, etc). G.I. Joe: picked up some more vintage figures on ebay – Cover Girl, Dr. Mindbender, Torpedo, some others – and picked up some of the new troop builder packs they’ve had – several Shadow Crimson Guard six-packs, two (vintage head mold) Viper packs – to stand on my display shelf surrounding Cobra Commander, and probably to take over my Terror Drome at some point. (The Shadow Guards came with ninja gear, and some of it lame ninja gear, even – but I’ve been able to equip them nicely with purchases from Maurauders Inc. online store. They have very detailed, good quality Joe scale weapons of many makes – including an [all black] “modified” Walther P-38, by the way - and have started to add bunk beds, pots and kettles, and other such items. Definitely plan to pick up more stuff from them sometime.) And, like G91 (the only other one I remember mentioning them here, anyway), I collect Buffy/Angel figures. Not every single one, but at least one version of most characters, and multiples of Spike, Giles – well, actually, multiple versions of most everybody from Buffy and Angel themselves on down – and the accessory packs. (Maybe will try to pick up the library at some point; I hope they do actually come out with the one/maybe a few “goodbye” figures which Time and Space Toys has hinted at.)
Civ

Post by Civ »

Gobots and Machine Robo mainly. Getting to have a fairly decent collection of the lil buggers. Puzzler and Scratch are fricking awesome. If you get only two Gobots, they're the ones to get if you want articulation out of really old toys.

Also have a few Roadbots and some Diakron/Microman pre-TF figures.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

At this point in time I have gotten back into M.U.S.C.L.E./Kinnikuman collecting pretty heavy. I've managed to amass a small collection of around 130 figures from the US toyline and a handful of Japanese. Great thing is that I've spent hardly any money on them, mostly obtained through trades, and I have a lot of 60 figures coming any day now from a trade I just did. I'll take pictures once that lot arrives.

So the point is, yes I do collect other toys again. :)
Megator
Protoform

Post by Megator »

I remember I collected Digimon,Legos(mainly the Bionicles),some die-cast cars(hotwheels),Gundam and small capsule toys when I was young.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Megator wrote:I remember I collected Digimon,Legos(mainly the Bionicles),some die-cast cars(hotwheels),Gundam and small capsule toys when I was young.
In order from when i was youngest.
Thomas the tank engine
Mighty morphin Power rangers
Tomy train sets
Power rangers zeo
Masked rider
Power rangers in space
pokemon
Gamecube/Nintendo stuff
Star wars Lego
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Used to be just TMNT, Joes, and Beast Wars.

Now Dino Riders, Joes, and Transformers.