Harry Potter 7 Prediction/Speculation thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Zisteau

Harry Potter 7 Prediction/Speculation thread

Post by Zisteau »

I've just finished the 6th book, thought it would be fun to speculate on what's going to happen. I've heard rumors of spoilers on the internet of what happens in the 7th book, so if you've read them, please leave them out of this thread.

Here are my predictions:

-Dumbledore will be back in some form. He's the leader of the Order of the Phoenix, and his familiar is a phoenix (I don't remember it being called a familiar, but close enough), an animal which is reborn after being killed.

-Snape turns out to be a good guy. Rowling has pulled the ol' switcheroo in every book so far, either making us think a bad guy is good or vice versa. Plus there were hints in snippets of conversation of Snape being very uneasy with something Dumbledore expected him to do.

-Harry Potter lives. Just a hunch, but I can't see her killing him off.

-Neville kills Voldemort. Another switch up, since he was the other wizard born within the time the prophecy predicted.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I think Snape is going to die.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I just hope she actually wrote this one. The last one was so sloppy.
Sixswitch

Re: Harry Potter 7 Prediction/Speculation thread

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Zisteau

-Snape turns out to be a good guy. Rowling has pulled the ol' switcheroo in every book so far, either making us think a bad guy is good or vice versa. Plus there were hints in snippets of conversation of Snape being very uneasy with something Dumbledore expected him to do.

Agreed. I think Dumbledore wanted Snape to kill him (hence the 'pleading look') so that Malfoy wouldn't have to. I also reckon that Snape knew this.

I also don't think Harry will die. The only way this could happen is if Harry and Voldemort both die, and this is way too predictable.

If we have any more of that stupid overblown 'relationship' pandering-to-the-sad-fans nonsense we got in Book 6, I will not be impressed. I realise that love is an important theme in the books, but that wasn't love - that was bull****. In fact, the most powerfully written aspects of 'love' in the books for me were completely platonic (Harry, Ron and Hermione as friends, Harry and Sirius, Harry and Dumbledore - even Malfoy and his mother). Knock it off Rowling!

I also get the unfortunate feeling that Book 7 is going to feel quite rushed. I felt Book 6 was too slow paced, so would rather have seen the two 'meet in the middle' so to speak.

I'm like Auros in that I was a bit dissapointed with 6. Seemed to be doing way too much pandering to the fanboys/fangirls (even going as far as to use the fan-abbrieviation DADA for Defence Against the Dark Arts).

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Getaway

Post by Getaway »

From various speculations around the net this is my favourite and the one i'd most like to see.

Ron and Hermione both die before the end and and Harry somehow kills himself in order to kill voldie.

Harry is when dead on the other plane behind that door thingy where is reunited with the similarly dead Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Sirius and his parents.

Oh and snape is good.

No way this will happen mind.

My dissapointment with the 6th book was actually that J K Rowling said that not all Slytherins were bad and the houses would unite, great I thought. However, the only new Slytherin they introduced was just as bad as the death eater slytherin kids. Who is supposed to be the good ones now, Nott? He at least doesn't hang around with Malfoy. I've waffled a bit there, but I basically agree with the point that she agreed to much with the teenage fangirls/boys who prefer things black and white instead of shades of grey.

Getaway the houdini of the transformers universe nobody can defeat him......except Rodimus Prime, Cyclonus, Starscream, Deathbringer, Thunderwing, Dreadwing........

"Run hot, but always keep your cool."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Getaway

My dissapointment with the 6th book was actually that J K Rowling said that not all Slytherins were bad and the houses would unite, great I thought. However, the only new Slytherin they introduced was just as bad as the death eater slytherin kids. Who is supposed to be the good ones now, Nott? He at least doesn't hang around with Malfoy. I've waffled a bit there, but I basically agree with the point that she agreed to much with the teenage fangirls/boys who prefer things black and white instead of shades of grey.

Its altogether possible Malfoy turns good after failing to kill Dumbledore, and Harry did have sympathy for him towards the end of the 6th book. Slughorn was from Slytherin house as well and wasn't evil.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Everyone dies and Harry's cousin saves the day..

Heck, I dunno...I've heard/read so many theories that my head is spinning...
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

I think the whole thing is basically a huge red herring or a 'OMG look over there Voldermortz' and that the true hero is Neville. Mostly because I want him to be the hero and not the whining self important brat Harry Potter seems to have developed into. (Although I suppose that's what a teenager with powers would become.)

I hope Rowling has finally employed an editor as it's hard to wade through so much bilge in an attempt to find a story, in my opinion it's all been down hill since 'Prisoner...' in terms of pacing, story and drama that book in the series, has thus far been untouchable.

So my prediction, Neville has to be the 'chosen one' otherwise the whole series descends into over hyped, fantasy-lite mediocrity (In my opinion). I like the idea of Harry just being a ruse to fool the bad guy.

Oh and while I'm at it, Gaiman's books are over rated 'n all! 'Anansi Boys'? What a load of tripe!

You should all read 'Life of Pi' and rejoice, I mean it has an orangutan fighting a hyena in a shipwrecked lifeboat deathmatch!
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Something just occurred to me:

we were watching POA today, and when Harry and Ron had their first lesson with Trawleney, Ron took a guess at Harry's tea leaves and said:

"So, he's gonna suffer...but be happy about it?"

Maybe he somehow predicted that Harry will die at the end, but be glad because he took out Voldemort as well?
Hound

Post by Hound »

In the book it's Harry who makes that prediction about himself.

Not that that changes your prediction I just thought I'd mention it.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Dumbledore's alive and I think he's in the locket he was holding when he died...at least, I think he was holding the locket. He'll probably return to his body and beat Voldemort down.

I think Ron, Hermione, and Harry will be alive at the end.

Dumbledore will probably die while fighting Voldemort.

Ron and Hermione's relationship will grow.

Ginny and Harry's relationship might renew.

I think Snape is also a good guy and he'll play a key role in bringing down Voldemort. Whether or not he'll live...I can't say.

Neville will die but also play a role in bringing down Voldemort.

Harry will be tempted to use one of the forbidden spells.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Civ
Dumbledore's alive and I think he's in the locket he was holding when he died...at least, I think he was holding the locket. He'll probably return to his body and beat Voldemort down.
I've thought about something like that, but remember that locket wasn't even the horcrux, who knew if it had any kind of magical powers or not. I am REALLY anxious to find out who got in there first to destroy the horcrux.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Do items have to have magical powers to begin with to become horcruxes? Memory's fuzzy on this. Meaning, what if Dumbledore made an on-the-spot horcrux to house his soul so that he could survive the avada cadavera spell? If Voldemort could make horcruxes, I don't see why Dumbledore could not since he's like the grand-pooba of wizards.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

I dont think they have to be magical..

What do you think he may have used?
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Chromia
What do you think he may have used?

Well, my memory is fuzzy, but I thought Dumbledore was holding a locket that Harry and he got from a cave. I was wondering if that could be Dumbledore's horcrux.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Civ
Well, my memory is fuzzy, but I thought Dumbledore was holding a locket that Harry and he got from a cave. I was wondering if that could be Dumbledore's horcrux.

IIRC, Harry scooped the locket out of the basin after feeding Dumbledore all that water. He noticed it wasn't the right locket, and inside it there was some note addressed to Voldemort saying whoever wrote the note had destroyed the real horcrux. His initial's were R.A.B., I've been dying to find out who that is.

edit- they never discussed I don't think how the horcrux is actually made, but they did say it has to be a powerful magical item, it can't be any old everyday item.
Civ

Post by Civ »

R.A.B....remember that family tree of Sirius Black's? Wasn't there another name that fit those initials? Romulus seems to ring a bell.

As for the destroyed horcrux, how are we defining 'destroyed'? Was the soul just pushed out? Could it be used again to house a different soul?

Edit: Ah okay, I forgot that all of the horcruxes so far belonged to really powerful magic-type people.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Civ
R.A.B....remember that family tree of Sirius Black's? Wasn't there another name that fit those initials? Romulus seems to ring a bell.

As for the destroyed horcrux, how are we defining 'destroyed'? Was the soul just pushed out? Could it be used again to house a different soul?

Edit: Ah okay, I forgot that all of the horcruxes so far belonged to really powerful magic-type people.

Well they don't really know if its destroyed or not, the locket they found was a different one.

I'm going to have to dig for that Black family tree now.

EDIT:

Ah, you were right. Sirius has a supposedly dead brother named Regulus Black.
Civ

Post by Civ »

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizards/blackfamilytree.html

Could it be Regulus?

EDIT: D'oh! Foiled by the edit button!
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

This is a cool theory I stumbled upon, Snape as the true villain of the series:

http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/edi ... er01.shtml