Now and Then

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Now and Then

Post by CounterPunch »

All this nostalgic rememberance of times past has got me thinking (This is mainly longer serving posters)

How did you act when you first joined? And how do you act now?

Me? Well I was a bit of an impetuous prick to be honest, I picked fights with Auros, Denyer and Cliffy most notably a number of times, every time I overreacted and jumped to conclusions and just shouted my mouth off because I felt I was right, and every single time I was shown to be either wrong or to be flawed in my argument. My fight with Auros is the one I'm most ashamed of.

But now, well I hope I'm a good member nowadays, if not a big personality, I gave up acting like an idiot a while ago when I realised, for all his bad ways of going about it Cliffy was right every single time I called him on something.

So yeah, I went from little bastard who picks fights to (hopefully) a respectable poster, there could yet be hope for some of the little newbie losers we've had in lately.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I was... um... well, I don't think I've changed overmuch, t'be honest. Except back then I actually cared about most TF conversation, posted topics about socks every once in awhile and was probably most active in Geewun like most people.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've mellowed big time. Cliffy related fatalities are down something like 38% over the past five years.

No, wait, I'm still a bastard.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I was more inclined to use posticons and ramble.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I started out pretty much as I am now, only taking extreme care to type like I was literate instead of the way most people were typing at the time. Then I went through a period of being a dick, then I contributed to the site and became a mod and less of a dick.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Incidentally, I don't remember nine-tenths of the arguments people generally seem to recall when threads like this get started... I'm not sure if it's a resolution to not hold grudges, bad memory or I just wasn't really paying attention at the time.

I think (well, I hope) I'm probably a bit more blasé and less pointedly sarcastic these days...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I'm pretty much the same as I am now. I don't think I've changed at all in terms of how I post, except I'm probably more confident now. I don't recall any major arguements with anyone.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I guess it all has to do with age, I've changed alot in the way I react to people, what I say, what I wont say, my views on arguments and discussions etc.

I was 14 when I first started posting here, so my views were very much that of a child, now that I'm basically an adult (19) my posts are generally taking on a much better form, and hopefully my opinions are more rounded.

I still have all the linguistic eloquence of a retarded Ostrich though.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I drink a hell of a lot more now, also. In fact, I'm drinking right now. If milk with a bit of Kahlua in it can be considered drinking. Though I've had it with coffee as well. I prefer milk, though.

Notsomuch age as time, imo.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I was a lot more awesome back in the day. I've lost my motivation a bit of late.

It could just be that I've grown as a person. But I doubt it.

I was better before I became popular and sold out in search of higher ratings over artistic integrity. I'm still very awesome, though. Better Than You, at any rate. :o
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

I don't think I've changed drastically. I've mostly just started capitalizing, and thinking a bit more about what I want to say before hitting the 'Post' button.

Oh, and I've stopped using smilies unless absolutely necessary.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I don't even remember my fight with CounterPunch (mind, I have had extreme words with almost everyone here at some point), but I have a feeling it might have been back when I was railing against Catholicism because the Vatican decided not to defrock child-raping priests. That, and ****ing up the Native Americans in Mexico and further south.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
I don't even remember my fight with CounterPunch (mind, I have had extreme words with almost everyone here at some point), but I have a feeling it might have been back when I was railing against Catholicism because the Vatican decided not to defrock child-raping priests. That, and ****ing up the Native Americans in Mexico and further south.

See you probs don't remember the fight because you probably didn't care much, cos I started it, you made some throwaway joking comment about how any asian artist with the surname Lee should be killed purely because of how sh*t Jae Lee's work on GiJoe/TF was. I read back over the thread and I was laughing so hard at the way I was acting, I took everything so seriously and acted like a prick back then.

I think the reason I reacted was that even though I knew you didn't mean it I didnt think it was a respectable thing to say and so I blew it way outta proportions. Funny stuff
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Oh yeah. Jae Lee sucks so strongly.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

And, in retrospect, it wasn't such a bad idea...
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

True this is, I'd actually say he sucks more than Pat Lee as an artist... Purely because I tried reading Jae Lee's issues of UFF and couldnt for the life of me cos the art was so bad, but I had no problems/enjoyed readong Pat Lee's issues of MK Spider-Man that were part of The Other Storyline

Sure Pat sucks, but I think, if dealt with correctly when it comes to colours and inks his art can be pleasing to the eye, if you can forego images riddled with impossible positionings (which isnt exactly rare in a Spider-Man comic) and disgusting proportions and foreshortening and such.
Getaway

Post by Getaway »

I still view message boards such as this and Transfans, but with all boards that I chat on I've found that I hardly post anymore. Its not a lack of time or even a lack of interest in the topics of conversation, but perhaps a few years ago I had less going on in my life and the boards were therefore more immersive for me. Maybe its just because I'm older or a more private person, but I don't tend to share my thoughts so much on communities like this because while there are people whose opinion I would like to have there are others whose comments or reading or whatever I've posted would feel intrusive. Does that make any sense?

Getaway the houdini of the transformers universe nobody can defeat him......except Rodimus Prime, Cyclonus, Starscream, Deathbringer, Thunderwing, Dreadwing........

"Run hot, but always keep your cool."
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Just go back as far as you can in the topic list and look for my posts. I was for the most part an annoyance, leet speak etc, I was 16, what do you expect.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

I wasn't as literate.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
I wasn't as literate.
Which isn't saying a whole lot.

I'm the same.

I think I just seem more impressive now than I did then. That's probably because everyone else has gotten so much less awesome over time though... :eyebrow: