A challenge to you all....

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Galvatron91

A challenge to you all....

Post by Galvatron91 »

*ponders life at the archive with no Brendocon*

*shudders*

you know...its seems that many of us old guard get to this point at sometime or another. Addl has disappeared, Skywarp has walked away...hell even I did it once. Seems we all have a point where we just need something more and that this place just doesn't cut the slack.

In honor of my great friend Brendocon, I am going to do something completely out of character. I am not going to lash out at the buffoons who seem content only to drag topics into the mud...instead I am going to challenge the board to work to make topics interesting...maybe put somethings up to make us think. Moreover, I am going to challenge certain individuals to not interfere with threads with their own petty disagreements that ultimately smother these threads. Should certain individuals continue to bog these threads down...well, I am an admin...

so please, from this point on let's try to change the tone here. We can still have goofy threads and fun posts...but a little quality is needed to allieviate the boredum.

------------------
Galvaton91's Burned Couch Emporium: You buy it, I'll fry it, maybe do some marshmallows while I'm there too! Located on the Sixth Floor of the Archive.

This sig has been brought to you today by Skywarp at The TF Mausoleum!

September 11, 2001
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

I accept this challenge.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the decepticons are blitzing autobot city were really taking a pounding don't know how much longer we can hold out-Blaster TFTM
Watch the birdy Laserbeak
Reverend Shrapnel

Post by Reverend Shrapnel »

Hear hear! I can't wait to see how this goes actually...

I'm just kinda getting back into the swing of things here. I quit for a few months earlier this year, subconsciously because it got sucky...just goes to show, these things can happen...

------------------
*Since Tripod kicked me off AGAIN, I'll just have to tell you I'm supporting Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back*
-----------------------------------
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

*Also ponders archive with no Brendocon-ITS NOY GOOD!*

Yeah to many topics were run so far into the ground their talking of wallibies now.
I was allways up for the intresting stuff and wasnt a big fan of all the topics that only talk to other archivers or get over taken by rollplaying.

I say all roleplaying gets taken to the RPG forum from now on.It was good in the archive building topic but rapidly wore out its welcome when it appeared ..in..every..single..topic.
I want to talk transformers more than anything but very little seasm to occur.No wonder I only really enjoy toys these days...or anything Brendocon posts.But thats half the fun gone now Image

------------------
One great website.
Thanks to Skywarp-again for the pic below.

I wonder....
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yep,

I agree too G91, I will also do my bit to help make posts interesting and fun. I' m relatively new here, so I've still got piles of questions Transformer related popping into my head that have been there for years without anyone to answer them. Some of them are probably very inane,but hopefully at least they'll be worth a read. I hope it tempts Brendocon back too, we're not all flamers or bottom dwellers (though I probably am at times, ha ha ha!).

Regards,
Windcharger

------------------
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

"The wisdom of Brendocon...it's lost."
"Not lost...we're all a little wiser now."
"But Brendocon's room is empty!"
"It's up to us to fill it again...with the wisdom we accumulate from this moment on."

A bit of a stretch, I know, but I could think of nothing more appropriate...

------------------
"Where's Brendocon, where is he?!?"
Starscreamsghost: Better Than You Since 1981.

[This message has been edited by Starscreamsghost (edited 12-07-2001).]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Hmmm... my big problem is that I'm passive (the people at the back can stop sniggering)... I don't start topics, I respond. And off-topic's 'good' when it leads to something interesting, but it's been killing things a bit lately.

Addl will probably wander by... he's one of the most sensible people here. Sky, probably ditto. Hopefully, a break will do some people good... and if they discover happiness in meatspace and vamoosh, I wish them well; I'm glad to have known 'em.

------------------

Check out my collection & trade list and other TF stuff @ denyer.cjb.net!
Later, when I was hanging from the tree... — Bill Hicks
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

I accept the challenge and have already put away my petty fights, because I know that I am who you speak of.

------------------
------------------
Apparently if I were an Autobot I would be:
------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy--okay, give me the bomb." -Ultra Magnus
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

This is something I've been hoping for, and it is too bad it took Brend's walking away for it to be realized by everyone. You guys have come to know by now that I don't post random idiocy and unthinking remarks. People that do that have been the core of the problem. So I say think before you speak, everyone. Having some building threads is fun, and mebbe we should have one up constantly as a kind of release point/fun spot where everyone can go and be silly. Just a suggestion since as I hear the one building thread went very very well while it was active.
I think you hit it on the head, S-Ghost. We are a little wiser now for this. Hopefully Brend will not be gone too long, and if/when he comes back, we won't abandon this dedication to be more intelligent.

R.

------------------
-------------------------
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Transformers TNG--The ultimate in TF gaming.

Do not talk smack to the dragon.--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
-------------------------
If you enjoy torture racks, iron maidens, chain saws, and lots of pain, be sure to stop by RCOSD and Redstreak's basement in the TF Archive building.
Professor Smooth
Protoform

Post by Professor Smooth »

As Brendocon has, how shall we say "departed" I nominate MYSELF as the new leader!

------------------
ProfessorSmooth1 (on AIM)
The "Un-Smooth" list:
Brendocon
that is all.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

*smacks Prof with butt-end of particle accelerator cannon*

Here's a hint.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Random idiocy? No.

That's my department.

Later.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

lol at the exchange between prof and stuart, needed that laugh.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the decepticons are blitzing autobot city were really taking a pounding don't know how much longer we can hold out-Blaster TFTM
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Originally posted by Professor Smooth:
As Brendocon has, how shall we say "departed" I nominate MYSELF as the new leader!
*presses his laser rifle against da Prof's head*

S-Ghost: Even without my other half, I'm still much too powerful to let that slide...

------------------
"Where's Brendocon, where is he?!?"
Starscreamsghost: Better Than You Since 1981.

[This message has been edited by Starscreamsghost (edited 12-08-2001).]
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Is it just me - or have some of the culprits who drag down topics just shown themselves to be at work here in this VERY topic.

The whole point of this topic was to make posters aware of how easily a topic can be ruined by people messing around. And surprise, surprise, look what happens - we get people acting stupid within this very topic. If you guys wanted to mess about who is leader - then why didn;t you just create a new thread instead of infecting this one?

Please take note!

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>

--------
Kevin:You've got the wrong guy...I'm just a stupid keyboard player in a high school band...there's a million of me..."
Gwildor:Only one of you Kevin...only one of anybody!
Brawn
Protoform

Post by Brawn »

I for one except your challenge G91!

As an intellectual although not seen on the board that much because I perfer face to face contact, but in this case I will do my best to not to bring up nonsense or giberish to this board. I will not flame, make fun of a fellow poster, and I will support my fellow Transfan when in need.

You guys seem like it's the end of the world because Brend took some time off..
He will be back..Guys this is only a UBB and there is a saying I like to use "It was the best of times it was the worst of times" --StarTrek II The Wrath of Khan. We have to work together yes?

Indeed we shall, and together we shall overcome this problem that has gotten out of hand, and should have never happend in the first place..

I for one take the first step in a new Golden age of the TFArchive, and will most humbly help rebuild our beloved building.

With out proper structure you don't have anything to build upon..
So I will take the shovel and start the first dig, for our new foundation!!!

Do I hear a Hell YEAH!!!

Edit: There are times to be whacky, and times to be serious, but we mustn’t take our selves to Seriously because we still want humor and occasional jokes aside..
G91, Skywarp, Flec, Brendocon,S-Ghost, Saysadie, and all the other Mods that I didn't mention are here for a reason. To set an example for us. But we as adults-Semi Adults should be able to moderate ourselves..

So lets do this one for the Gipper! heh?

------------------
You can find me located in the TFArchive Building's Elevator Shaft.
Coming to a nutward near you!

[This message has been edited by Brawn (edited 12-08-2001).]
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

what he said.

------------------
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

^Powerposting is bad.^

I'ma replier not a creator, but I do think things have been a little dull around here for reasons out-lined above. For instance, a certain three Canucks' ability to turn any topic, interesting or otherwise, into bitching. But we must move forward, not backwards, backwards, not forward, and always swirling, swirling, swirling.

And I'm assuming that "it was the best of times, and the worst of times" being accredited to Star Trek II is an intellectual joke...

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Brawn:
Guys this is only a UBB and there is a saying I like to use "It was the best of times it was the worst of times" --StarTrek II The Wrath of Khan. We have to work together yes?

Should I point out he was originally quoting Charles Dickens 'A tale of two cities'? Image

Ah ironic a topic about intelegence and....

------------------
One great website.
Thanks to Skywarp-again for the pic below.

I wonder....
Brawn
Protoform

Post by Brawn »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper:

And I'm assuming that "it was the best of times, and the worst of times" being accredited to Star Trek II is an intellectual joke...
That was not intended to be offensive..

I use Startrek as a spiritual guide, and I appologize if anybody takes that the wrong way... Image
Please reread my last post I have added and edited it some...
Originally posted by Jetfire:
Should I point out he was originally quoting Charles Dickens 'A tale of two cities'? Image
Yes indeed..
Wonderful book..
It sits on my desk... Image

------------------
You can find me located in the TFArchive Building's Elevator Shaft.
Coming to a nutward near you!

[This message has been edited by Brawn (edited 12-08-2001).]